Sunday, November 26, 2023

Sunday Chat-Day 3

 Good morning and thank you for the kind words/comments. How about a 


Time: 7:25 am

Weather: 63* and raining (96%), again. Temps are supposed to plummet Monday-Wed. Lows will be near 38*. Yes, in Florida.

Drinking: First cup of Maxwell House with Peppermint Bark creamer.

Thinking: 

-we went over to the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing yesterday. I didn't think I would enjoy it, but I did. Way too many memories...growing up here in Florida my dad used to take us kids to the Gator Nationals, and he is friends with Mr. Garlits. Way too many memories floating in and out. I guess that happens with age.

-my sister in-law and her husband did not spend the night. He wanted to go home. We did play a few games of UNO under the carport-outside. She kept on saying they were staying because she didn't want to drive back through the Ocala National Forest while it was raining and dark (no one likes doing that, just saying) --I had things to do and promptly at 3 I told her /them I had to get to Walmart. Hubby was like, "Thank you, I had had enough." So, wow...that blew my mind. Between her husband drinking and smoking, and her clinginess, enough...at least I pretty much could enjoy the museum pretty much by myself -her husband took off on his own as well...as she was following my husband and wouldn't stop talking/bothering him. grin. 50 years old and she has issues, still. Has to be the center of attention, all the time.

Doing today:

-IF or when we get a lull in the rain this morning, hubby is going to get all the Christmas Totes out of the trailer, and we will get the house ready for Christmas.

-laundry and getting my work clothes/outfits around. Pulling out sweaters etc. for Monday and Tuesday.

Dinner? I had made a pot of homemade Vegetable Beef Soup yesterday thinking they were staying--and they didn't want that- (rolling eyes). So, we will have that again. I say again, because after we got back from Walmart, that is what we had. 

Watching: the latest installment of Christmas Videos, grin. Hey Santa, cute. Nothing sappy today.


Hope each of you have a beautiful day, smiles.

12 comments:

  1. Well done on making your exit from your in-laws, Linda! Your husband's comment made me chuckle. Glad you enjoyed the racing museum. Have a peaceful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the winter is setting in down there... lucky you.. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, nothing better than homemade soup! Have fun decorating. I am off to church now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prayed for you, and I think the prayers were answered. Glad it went as well as it did, and that you had a full pot of vegetable beef soup to enjoy again today, because this is a good day for soup. I am making a pot of potato soup as we speak. No beef available or I would have loved vegetable beef soup! I must get some next time I go shopping. Relax today. It is too wet to do anything!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do laundry today also and start getting ready to go back to work. We decorated for Christmas on Friday.
    Oh my goodness, your comment about shower time. It takes me forever to shower. I wash and condition my hair...which takes a long time. I am usually in there 15 minutes easy. I wish I knew how to be faster.
    Your soup sounds good. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the museum and didn't have to have overnight guests. I hope that the coming week is a good one for you. I hope you will post pictures of your home decorated for Christmas including your Christmas village. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you survived the visit and actually had fun at the drag racing museum, Linda. I watched my first Christmas movie of the season yesterday.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad y'all didn't have to provided bed and breakfast for your SIL and hubby! Homemade vegetable soup sounds divine right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless you! So glad y'all survived that! Haha! Hope y'all were able to get the Christmas decor out today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry your relationship with your SIL stinks...lol...I know the feeling!
    LOVED the sweet video!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Linda! Hope you have a great week. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Passing through quickly but happy to catch up, Linda! Kinda nice that they didn't stay, I guess! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)