Good morning, Heyyyyyyy heyyyyyy Pink Mermaid who can live out of water checking in (rolling with laughter). I don't rightly remember where we were yesterday, but somebody/adult walked by dressed as a Unicorn. Just because she identifies as one...I am telling you this world is messed up and I think sometimes beyond repair. ((shaking my head)) It's sad, really.
Time: 8:30 am (yeah, I slept in)
Scene: cloudy 67*, 97% humidity, 65* dewpoint.
Drinking: first cup of Maxwell House with Italian Creamer.
Doing:
Have a load of laundry in.
Need to go outside and hang up the Thanksgiving Garden flag.
Need to iron my clothes for the week.
As little as possible (grin).
Watching: one day I shall get across the pond, lol.
Thinking: We visited an antique "mall" yesterday down in Oxford (the Villages) and the owners have taken quite a bold stand against Hamas. Had a nice very conversation with them. I shall support their business. No such tolerance here in central Florida for those protestors, just saying.
I did add to my collection of cookbooks...
...our governor might want to quit the race and get going to fixing the housing/mortgage crisis/tax increases here in Florida. Housing has become quite unstainable / unattainable for quite a lot. It used to be retiree heaven here...not anymore. On second thought, maybe it's everywhere (the cost of living, inflation etc.). Our home taxes went from $1,200 to $2,000 in just one year. Ridiculous. unstainable, but nobody is listening to us poor folks.
...making a game plan for Thanksgiving. Our friends are coming over, NOT making a full course meal (she is on Friday as their adult children have Friday off and we will go over there).
...yesterday was 23 months since our son suddenly passed away. Still in disbelief.
What's for Dinner? I don't know. Maybe Ziti or spaghetti.
Jesus Christ, not King Charles, not Biden etc...Jesus Christ people. Just saying.





So nice to see people making a stand against Hamas. I just don't understand these protestors.
ReplyDeleteI'm working on Thanksgiving plans too.
I'm sorry your gov isn't doing great in the race. I thought he would be a good president.
ROFL! SO glad you got to sleep in. We need that when we work full-time.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what I would do if I encountered someone identifying as a unicorn. UNBELIEVABLE!
We have looked a lot at real estate in FL. We simply cannot afford it. Mississippi is where we are currently focusing our efforts.
I gave my cookbooks to my daughters. I simply have to downsize to tiny living for a while. It's amazing what you can live without when you have to.
I hope you have a very restful day! Catch ya later! :)
Housing here in Texas is RIDICLOUS!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday!
hugs
Donna
Hi Linda, good that you found a place you like to shop at. My Bible journaling group did a page to pray for Israel last month. Our pastor led a prayer for Israel. He also explained why. Good that you slept in. I woke up way to early and went to bed way to late! Going to the earlier church service today. Enjoy your Sunday!
ReplyDelete"... identifies as a unicorn". That's just nuts. There's a lot of mental illness out there these days (and that's a polite way to phrase it).
ReplyDeleteThe Gooseberry cookbooks are wonderful, so homey and delicious recipes.
I think I owned that cookbook years ago. It along with a box load of others what over to the library's used book room when we moved in 2004. While I really don't miss the cookbooks, I do miss the Gooseberry Patch catalog that used to come out. I hope you have a relaxing Sunday, Linda.
ReplyDeleteYes, Hail to the King of Kings ... the only King.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree, Linda - it's time for DeSantis to turn his full attention back to Florida and the needs of y'all who live there. He doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell running for president.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed week!
Thanksgiving is a blink away. Good golly. Speaking of time speeding by...almost two years since you lost your dear son and almost three years since I lost my Joe. That looks like an interesting cookbook!! Share something good from it, when you get to it!! Have a blessed week ahead!! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. So glad you have Thanksgiving plans. A human identifying as a unicorn - insane! This world is crazy for sure and seems to be getting worse. Total supporters of Israel here - Hamas has brought this tragedy on themselves and the Palestinians. The cookbook looks like one I would buy for sure. I can't believe it has been almost two years since Liam left for a better place. God bless you this week. Amen - Jesus is King!
ReplyDeleteWe're having Thanksgiving at Deborah's house (niece in Jax) this year. I am SO excited! Steve is making his world famous Deviled Eggs and also keto Turkey Dressing. It is all so good. Yum.
ReplyDeleteFlorida went insane with prices in the 90s. That's why we left. Most housing is still affordable in SE Georgia. Taxes are remaining stable, so far, which I was shocked to learn. Steve's sister, Cindy, and her family plan on moving here from Port Charlotte. After selling their house they'll be able to live like kings here.
Have a great week my friend.
Love & Blessings. xx
Just checking on you, Mermaid Girl!! LOL! That's gonna be your name now! Haha! Every time I read your blog, I think of your Liam. Sending hugs of comfort.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for my King and Savior! Enjoyed your post...and the reminder that I need to put out a Thanksgiving flag. Not a minute too soon!:)
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving sure got here fast! I LOL'd at the first few sentences of your blog but yes, this sure is a messed up society right now!
ReplyDelete