Saturday, November 18, 2023

Mem'ing on a Saturday...

I was telling Annie that I really didn't have anything in common with this week's Meme...and she mentioned something about the beach. LOL


So, can we talk about how your autumn is going this year? Maybe we can get you to post a photo or two
of your area in autumn...big changes or not.

1. Are leaves still falling where you are or are they done now? Have they even changed yet?

Leaves? In Florida? LOL---SO, yes, they do change color, but not like up north. I have noticed subtle changes, but nothing like where we use to live. I also have noticed the Palm trees that go to a subtle brown.

2.  Does anyone in your family go hunting? Have you ever gone? Would you tell us about it?

My husband and son use too...my husband doesn't find it fun anymore, it was all about spending time with our son...and since he is gone now...both were expert marksmen and safety conscious.

 3.  Who rakes the leaves at your house?

Leaves? In Florida? LOLOL--They fall year around especially with the drought we have been experiencing. Hubby does the outside work and it's a constant battle.

4. Is football on your menu for fall? What teams get you cheering?

The Florida Gators and Alabama, both college teams. The Gators aren't doing well this season. We don't watch Pro football thanks to the anti-American sentiments etc.


1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. Is yours in need of a cleaning? Will you get that done today? How often do you tackle this particular chore?

Hubby cleaned out the fridge the other day. He probably cleans it out like twice a week. Not that we have many leftovers, mind you.

2. November 15th is also National Philanthropy Day...tell us about a charity (local or otherwise) you like to support when you're able. 

We support:



 

3.What in nature inspires you and why? 

Ormond Beach, Fl.


seriously? Does this need an explanation? The world's problems could get solved if one just would stop and breathe.

4. What's something you own that makes you feel cozy? 

It's not so much that it is owned; it's the idea of home itself. Getting home from a long day at work, seeing my husband is what makes me feel cozy.

5. Who did you thank today? A coworker yesterday. There was an incident between 2 coworkers, and I apologized to her for the actions of the other person who was not reciprocal in accepting her apology for slamming files down on the counter to the person who took an air of superiority. It disturbed me, the actions of the other person who took an air of superiority (since she got a promotion and was acting like the queen)...Who thanked you? The same person. I am forever the peace maker, so it seems. Sometimes one just has to be the peacemaker, both were wrong, but one apologized and the other didn't. Actually, the one who didn't took it a step further and reported the other person, of course I was drugged into it as I was one of the witnesses. I hope and pray that my statement will end it.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


My thoughts are on the upcoming holiday season. A bit melancholy as our son's 2nd anniversary of his passing is coming up, but also for the general feelings of the holiday season. And the very fact that this season makes people in general cray cray...my hope and prayer is folks just need to stop and take in the beauty of this season.

13 comments:

  1. Christmas (and Thanksgiving) have changed for me since my kids grew up and moved out on their own. That was well over 20 years ago. It just has not been the same (how can it possibly, to be truthful). But with each passing year the true meaning of these holidays is becoming more real and I am better for it. Without the kids so close and all the stuff that goes with holidays to distract me, the spiritual aspects are more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful new background and header, Linda! That little deer on the right side is darling. While I am grateful for each and every day and for life in general, it seems to be abundant during this time of year. I try hard (sometimes with success, sometimes not) to be more compassionate and not step into the crazy. Have a relaxing Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed are the peacemakers, Linda . . . We don't watch professional football either and for precisely the same reason.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what Barbara said about the holidays. It's true and it changes as we get older and kids move, and even more so in your case with Liam celebrating in heaven.
    I'm sorry for more hassles at work. Good for you for being a peace maker.
    Our leaves have fallen, I think the raking is done for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sorry to hear about the incident at work, but glad you were able to help in a special way. God is using you in ways you may not always see or understand. I am praying for you and Dave as you enter the holiday season, as I know what it is like to be without a dear son. Even though I may have 2 other sons, etc., it still doesn't make up for the one who is gone. That empty place will always be in our hearts and minds. But we do thank the Lord for filling our lives with good things and good people and the hope of seeing our son again in eternity. I know you have that hope as well, and that is what keeps you going. Not sure how people cope without Christ. Sending love and hugs your way for each day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. I agree with Barbara's comment. The holidays change when we don't have little ones. I know this is a hard time for you. Our Thanksgiving will be a quiet one with just Charly and I or possibly some empty nester friends at our home. Our daughter is going to Arizona to be with her husband's family for Thanksgiving and Josh is going to stay in Idaho. He doesn't like to come home for short weekend periods like Thanksgiving. He doesn't want to drive and the bus ticket is too expensive so he will stay there and probably have dinner with some cute girl who invites him over. The holidays can be melancholy and even more as we get older. As Barbara said above, we have to look for the real meaning of the holidays. I hope that you have a good weekend. I always enjoy your posts. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your final thought on the holiday season, Linda. In the last couple days I've witnessed such unnecessary, petty unpleasantness. Grow up, people!

    PS - Thank YOU for taking the high road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember those dirty oaks we had in Fort Myers..what a mess, but no color...Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This drought is annoying. I wish it would rain a bit more.
    As for the co-worker with an attitude: if it's a she perhaps it's hormonal? Just sayin'. Back in the 90s I worked with a lady that went off the rails suddenly. She was slammin' this and throwin' that. Even threw a notebook at me. I didn't over-react, which the Supervisor thanked me profusely. Turns out she was having female problems which became hormonal. Poor girl. I'm glad I didn't make a big issue outta it. I even apologized even though I don't think I caused the flare up. We ended up being friendly after that. I like peace too. God knows the truth.
    Miss chatting with ya. Lots. Life is getting kinda boring these days as my world gets smaller and smaller. Can't even get motivated to blog. What's the point? Few read my blog and even fewer comment. *sigh* Oh well.
    Love & Prayers For You Both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto Barb's comment. Linda, you did a good meme catch-up!! Happy weekend, my friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Number 5...Well Good for you! Hope tyour testimony ended the affair!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. If the leaves wouldn't fall here it would be strange. Because of climate change we see changes in trees, so maybe the next generations will share your experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)