Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Me'ming it on a Wednesday....

 Good morning from Florida. I hope this post finds each of you in great spirits.


Hello friends and welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  

Thanksgiving Day is about here. Let's talk about the holiday and thankfulness.

1. Whether you are from the USA or not, thankfulness is beneficial to a nation and people.  Is it a natural thing for you to think of being thankful or is it something you must be reminded about?

It depends on the situation...I do unintentionally take people/friends for granted...and I want to thank folks who read my blog and for the lovely Thanksgiving cards and a lovely letter from a dear friend who doesn't blog but reads my blog, wink.

2.  Plimoth Plantation is the site of the original settlement, and everything is authentic to the 1600's including how they speak. Have you been to Plymouth Rock?   How about the Plimoth Plantation (yes that is the proper spelling). Would you like to go visit these places?

Yes, we have visited, and it was a humbling experience.

 What places are you thankful for having seen? 

We have been to many places...we were just talking about this yesterday during lunch and a young coworker claims there is no way I have seen and done all these things. What prompted this was our big boss sat with us and asked what our favorite band was and why. Alot of folks don't realize I have led a privileged life and have met folks along the way such as Tom Petty, his cousins were my brothers' best friends, and he would come down to Ocala from Gainesville to hide out. I wouldn't exactly call him a place, but he sure was a nice person. 

3. Do you tune into the Macy's Parade?

Nope. 

4. What will you be eating on Thanksgiving Day this year?

This year, I have ordered some platters from Publix; meat, a French cheese board, fruit and I am going to pick up some rolls today. Our friends who we lived with when we first came back to Florida are coming over tomorrow and then we are going over there Friday for the proper Thanksgiving meal-their adult kids get Friday off; one is a Sheriff's Deputy the other works for Disney.



13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time off... nice to get a long break this time of year. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we grew up in a different era, Linda. I don't know if I would call it privileged, but I do think the younger generation is missing out on the experiences, activities and adventures that we had before technology took over. Your Thanksgiving meal sounds like it is going to be delicious. Glad your friends are coming to your place and then you to theirs on Friday. Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can relate to what you said about having lived a privileged life. Tho' my parents weren't wealthy, they showered their only child with so many gifts and experiences ... I was actually embarrassed in front of my little friends.
    I didn't know Publix offered a French cheese board, but will be checking that out!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends! That sounds like fun. Enjoy all of the food too. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving holiday, Linda. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll be with family in Jax tomorrow. I'm so thankful to have Deborah and her bunch back on our lives. Except for Steve's evil brother, God has healed our family. (No toxic ppl at this table, thank you very much.)
    Have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving my friends! Enjoy your time off.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that’s so cool that you knew Tom Petty! I hope y’all had a great Thanksgiving! 🦃

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and that you enjoy the weekend with family and friends. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda: I hope you had a wonderfully relaxing thanksgiving! My husband is a direct descendent from one of the men who came over on the Mayflower......it's very humbling to be in Plymouth and see the family name on all of the monuments, etc.

    How cool that you knew Tom Petty!!!! SO cool.

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope yesterday and today have been really sweet times with your friends. Praying for your weekend adventures I've already read about earlier...Just keep choosing JOY>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)