Linking back to Stacy as it's her Meme, grin.
Currently...I am....
Reading: The second book to Just Jones, the book I just finished. We stopped in Ollies yesterday and I was browsing the book section. Much to my delight, hidden behind other books was this:
I felt like I scored a million dollars, grin. I love Andy Andrews style of writing. I was reading and watching football last night and I am almost done with the book.
Watching: Nothing at the moment. We did watch the Fl Gators blow the game last night. No bowl game for them this year.
Listening to: Nothing at the moment. I have been listening to Alison Kraus and Robert Plant (yes of the rock band Led Zepplin) they make such beautiful music together. Also, at work we only get one radio station in and its playing 24-7 Christmas music and I have fully embraced it.
Loving: We stopped at Publix yesterday and ordered a few things from the deli and the bakery for Thanksgiving. It was much cheaper this way than cooking the whole meal.
Thinking: Nothing really. How I am going to decorate my cubby/office space. lol
Feeling: Happy, tired, melancholy. All of it.
Celebrating: The good BOGO's from Publix this week: Tollhouse Chocolate Chips, Crushed Peppermints and some other baking stuff. Hubby, "Does this mean I am going to get cookies?" LOLOL
Grateful for: so many things...too many to list.
Enjoying: Will be enjoying 5 days off. State offices are closing down starting Wed. for the holidays. People simply don't understand how tirelessly we work to keep the public safe and sound etc...state employees get a bad rap, just saying.
I was also marveling at the weather and here it is nearly the end of November and how blessed we are to live in a climate where shorts and flip flops are the norm.
Also, I am quite enjoying the new Capital One Commercial with John Travolta playing Santa Claus. I also like the Hobby Lobby one where the boy sells his game stuff and decorates the house for his hard-working mom.
Looking forward to: Putting the Thanksgiving stuff away and decorating for Christmas. Although I am feeling a bit melancholy and thinking of our son, I think I shall bring out the Christmas villages this year.
The weather: sunny and 62* Supposed to warm up to 80*. Still warm and tad bit humid, although yesterday was pleasant, just warm.
Something to laugh about:
Ain't that the truth. lol
Yep...but look away, nothing to see here comes to mind with the person occupying the White House. Everything is hunky dory.
Bawhaaaaaaaaaa.
Ok, I better stop there. Wishing you a beautiful day, friends.





Good move with Publix for Thanksgiving.. I always appreciated Publix when down your way...
ReplyDeleteI really like your background. Makes me feel cozy and Christmasy!
ReplyDeleteGood deals at Publix - wish we had them here.
I'm embracing the Christmas music too.
Enjoy your 5 day break! You deserve it!
Hi Linda. I am going to look for all of those Andy Andrews books. So glad you found another of books in the "Just Jones" series. You inspire me to decorate for Christmas, even though I am not really much in the mood. I do like Christmas and we will have a good one. I will be decorating next week and hopefully be finished by Thanksgiving. We are having ham for Thanksgiving - neither Charly or I wanted to cook a turkey they year for just the two of us. Ihope you have a good week. See you again soon.
ReplyDelete"Does this mean I'm going to get cookies?" (LOLOLOL) That Capitol One commercial spot is cute for sure. My favorite is Amazon featuring the old ladies sledding while Beatles' "In My Life" plays in the background.
ReplyDeleteThat last meme is hysterical!
Those cartoons are priceless, Linda! Ain't it the truth about the turkeys? How cool to find another book by the author you enjoy so much? You're on a roll!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
ReplyDeleteLinda, I am so glad you are getting five days off, yay, well deserved! It was snowing here today, but I was glad it was so cold because our refrigerator stopped working, and outside was a good replacement while we went to Lowe's for another. One thing I love about Florida is Publix, they have such good buy one get one sales, and shh, but their key lime pies from the bakery section: yum.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chuckles!! Have a good Sunday and Thanksgiving week! I have the three days off too, but have to work three full days to make up for the time. It's okay, though. Looking forward to some fun with family. xo
ReplyDeleteI love Costco's Rotisserie chicken. I wish they offered a Rotisserie Turkey. I'd totally get it. Actually I prefer chicken to turkey and so I put it out there to the fam, about picking up a couple of Rotisserie chickens at Costco, for Thanksgiving kinda half joking (I was feeling them all out) and it didn't go over. So I will continue to wish for that Costco Rotisserie turkey. One day maybe?
ReplyDeleteAlways nice to hear from you.
Am thinking of you and your hubby...asking Santa to tuck an extra hug in your stocking from me, to you, this year. Loss is just...hard.
ReplyDeleteI'm here for you!
hugs
Donna
Thanks for the giggles this morning, Linda, with the graphics at the end of your post. It sounds like you had a productive Saturday. Good score on the book! I think it is an Amazon commercial, but not sure. It is the one with the 3 old ladies watching people sledding and they end up sledding at the end. Happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteGod answers prayer. He is healing all our hearts day-by-day. Isn't that grand?! His healings are always so perfect and on time. Your feeling better cheers me to no end. Thank you Lord Jesus for showering us all with Your Love from above. I need it too.
ReplyDeleteBuying the Thanksgiving Day dinner from the grocery store is a good idea. We've done that before as well. Saves money and time.
Led Zep are one of my fav bands too. I think their "Stairway to Heaven" is a classic. It actually tells a story with interesting key changes and harmony. None of this new music, including the so-called "praise", has any tonal quality or imagination! It actually hurts the ears.
Love ya and miss ya friend. Have a glorious week. xx
Have not seen the TV ad for Hobby Lobby yet. Will keep my eyes out for it. The one with John Travolta is good. Not ready to decorate for Christmas yet -- maybe this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving, girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteHope you are enjoying your days off, Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteIt's always "heaven" to find an author that you just really enjoy and you devour the books so quickly. We had one of our Thanksgiving dinners this past Sunday. I cooked the entire meal and was totally beat by the end of the day. Tomorrow we are going to other family and they don't even want us to bring anything. Is that proper to show up empty handed?
ReplyDeleteI never decorate my office space. It's the taking down that I do not enjoy so much.
Love you cartoons! I laugh every time I see that Capital One commercial!!! LOL!
Wishing I were in FL with those wonderful temps. 30 degrees here this morning. (SMH!)