Saturday, November 11, 2023

Currently...

Writing a Currently post and linking back to Stacy.


Currently...I am...

Reading... I know, I know...I listed this book awhile back; I am finally making my thru it.


Watching...nothing at the moment. We finally finished the British series, Monarch of the Glen. I did watch a Hallmark movie last night.

Listening to...not much. I was listening to something Annie posted on my FB page--or was it her FB page? LOL


Loving...

Yesterday was a beautiful day at the beach; 90* and sunny. Looking out from our canopy. I did move my chair to the water's edge. BTW, The Atlantic was oddly cold, it usually isn't that cold.

Feeling...tired and sad...not really wanting to leave yesterday. The salt air does wonders for my asthma and arthritis.

Celebrating...maybe...hubby said to look into a motel for a couple of days at the beach for our anniversary late next month. 

Grateful...for a hubby who hates the beach but will tag along to just make me happy.

Looking forward to...the holidays?

The weather...it was 90* yesterday. No cooling off, I think this coming week is only supposed to be 75. Our cool months aren't until Jan-March.

Giggling at...so we were watching Jesse Watters last night and there was a segment on about a woman who was pulled over for suspected drunk driving. Funny thing is, she self-identified as a Non-binary Indigenous person who suffers from white phobia and decided to tell the police that. I felt pretty bad for the police man who was trying not to laugh... I on the other hand, laughed myself silly. So... I told my husband I think I will identify as a Pink Mermaid who can live out of the water. 


That didn't go over well. lolololol --on a sober thought, that is what is being taught now a days...never take responsibility for your actions...sad but true.

I'll leave you now with those thoughts...LOLOLOL

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day....yes, soon you will be in the best of snow bird weather. Have a good one Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a teacher at this time is tricky with all of the self-identification stuff. I understand there is a child in another school district nearby that has a student that identifies as a cat and has a litter box at school. I wonder who cleans it? *eye roll*
    Love your blog graphics! I feel like I am in Italy. Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. *giggling at the pink mermaid* Mental illness is the new fashion statement. Being sane is considered "mean" and racist. That's definitely a 1984 moment.
    Nature abhors a vaccum. So, since we took God outta the Schools, Government, etc. we can thank the Government Indoctrination Centers (i.e. Public Schools) and "higher" education for that.
    Praying that the Lord will come back soon.
    Love ya. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the same segment on Jesse Watters, Linda! I really had trouble believing that anyone could be so dense and stupid. It makes me sick to think that so many veterans went to war for the likes of this person, yet they did. And I have to remember that God loves her.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a high school teacher, I know for sure that your last comment about taking responsibility is true. Very sad. So glad you got to go to the beach. I hope you get to go again soon. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo from the beach yesterday and I hope you get to go and spend a few days there. Hope you have a wonderful weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  7. SMH ..... are those people for real?! I shudder to think what's next.
    So glad you got your beach therapy and maybe (cross fingers) something to look forward to next month. I'll bet your friends in NY are green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually saw that a new way to address people who aren't quite sure who or what they are is Mx. Smith. This has gone way to far. I'm glad you got to the beach!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up! A pink mermaid!?
    My current read is 1000 pages so it's going to take me a while to get through. Trying not to stress about that. Reading is supposed to be relaxing.
    I love the ocean! Wish I could make a trip soon.
    I've been listening to Johnny Mathis Christmas station on Pandora at work this past week! I found that British series Monarch of the Glen. Going to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda, thank you for the chuckle about identifying as a Pink Mermaid who lives out of water. Between lack of work ethic and lack of being responsible, I just shake my head. Glad you had an enjoyable time at the beach! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgosh I dare you to say the pink mermaid thing next time you are approached by someone criticizing you or whatever...hahaha that made me almost spit out my morning coffee!!
    I've haven't watched Monarch of the glen yet. Is it on Hulu or Netflix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL. I told my husband the next time certain coworkers want to act up, I shall say this, LOLOLOLOL. ANYWAYS, Monarch of the Glen is on TUBI.

      Delete
  12. We seriously need to clean out our schools and universities. This garbage is being taught...it's not something the person is born doing! I would Never pay a school thousands of dollars to have MY child brainwashed!
    WHY are parents Paying to send their kids to such schools??
    Love your mermaid person ...lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you got to enjoy a beach day! Sounds so wonderful! And I totally think you should claim to be a 🧜‍♀️ mermaid! 😁😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)