For Today on this warm 85* day. A day off for the dr.'s. appointments.
Looking out my window: Bright, sunny and breezy.
I am thinking: Ok, I have to amend my statement how Ocala isn't slow (or as I remember it) --the dr. today took a total of 3 hrs. 3 hrs. and they had my husband and I together in the same room. No thanks, I let them know that right away. Although he knows everything about me: saw me cut open and dying etc.: I prefer to not share this aspect. Poked prodded, blood samples drawn, urine sample done, we go back on March 7. I also have to see an orthopedist for the arthritis. Who knows when that will be, it could be next week or 6 months from now. Its whenever they/the dr. can get me in.
I am thankful though: Because since we had to fast, he did take me to Chick -Fil- La afterwards. I had such an awful headache from fasting 15 hrs.
One of my favorite things: Coming home, period.
I am wearing: I quickly changed once we got home. Pj's with flamingo print.
In my kitchen: I will make a homemade pizza tonight; pepperoni and mushroom.
Postscript:
Although my major complaint was having to share a room/dr. with my husband --the dr. was nice, and I liked her. In all fairness, when it came to my turn, he did leave the room (he knew I wasn't happy, just saying). Just call me old fashion. I did get up to leave for him, but he told me to stay.
--she did give me a note for work stating to please allow me to wear athletic shoes. Those are a no no, but my supervisor already told me to get a note and they would accept that. So, athletic shoes will be the norm now.
--having a cup of coffee to weed off this headache.
--While at Chick Fil A-we always pray over our meal, and we were praying over our meal and had no idea folks were watching and a woman and her family come up and praised us. They were here from Canada -their daughter is in a softball tournament here. We also said a prayer for their travels.
--kudos to Mark, the person who took our order. What a nice, pleasant, funny man who told everyone that listened, "My God be with you and have a Blessed day."
--which brought me to a thought: I wonder about people. I wonder what causes so much evil in this world...and how many folks are so lost and in that same thought, those of us who are Christian and are afraid to step up to the proverbial plate.
Scripture for the Day:


I wouldn't want to be in the same room with my husband either, that's kind of weird.
ReplyDeleteGood you got a note for the shoes - hope it helps!
I love your Chik-fil-A story!
I'm trying not to be mad at you about those temps. :)
Hi Linda. Glad you got your doctor appointment finished. I hear you - Charly and I usually end up in the same exam room when we go together. I hope you can get into the specialist soon and get some treatment that will help you.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the experienceS you enjoyed at Chick Fil-A! Not so much your 'co' doctor exams. Wow, you'd think they'd ask y'all first if you're okay with that. Praying you get an ortho appointment sooner rather than later. Meloxicam has become my new best friend.
ReplyDeleteFasting is something I've never done easily or willingly, Linda. Talk about hangry! Glad you could have a Chick-fil-A and had the opportunity to pray with other believers. Danny and I always say the blessing whenever and wherever we go out to eat.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, and keep us updated on your condition!
Ah, so yes, you are off today! I saw your comment on my blog and I was wondering why you were visiting on a weekday! Now I know! And yes, 15 hours of fasting is a long time, and yes, 3 hours in the Dr.'s office is way too long. But it sounds like you had a thorough exam, which is good. Glad you and hubby got to go out to eat afterwards and that you came home and relaxed in your comfy pj's. That's my kind of day! I didn't know you weren't allowed to wear athletic style shoes at your job. I'm glad you've been given a Dr.'s note to do so. I hope you find some comfortable shoes that will make everyone happy, especially YOUR FEET! LOL. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day off. It's always so good to hear from you anytime. Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteHope your feet get better friend. That old Arthur is a mean person! I know first hand. I can't believe the temps. Cold, cool, warm and hot and all in a 24 hour time frame! LOL! Have a good rest of your week. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteFlorida is having a problem keeping Doctors, or so I'm told by a SIL in Port Charlotte. Many left after Hurricane Ian. I would be upset about waiting 3 hours too. I like it when Steve stays with me. He is comforting to have around. I hope your visit(s) were just checkups. Nothing serious.
ReplyDeleteGuess you've heard about all the spontaneous revivals going on around the world? God is on the move! Praise His name.
Love xx
It is good to have a day like that in the can. Yay for being able to wear more healthful and comfortable foot wear.
ReplyDeleteGosh what a long time with the doctor. Hope all the results come back ok.
ReplyDeleteI'm not much for my hubby and me in the doctor's office together of a check-up either. Now, I don't mind if we're together for a chiropractor's appointment though. My sister and her husband go in together all the time. I don't really think hubby likes it any better than I do either. That being said, he did go in with me for many appointments when I was first diagnosed with cancer. I needed someone to listen, because I was just to scattered at the time. And I guess, I was afraid I'd get bad news and I wanted him there. All that so say, I totally get you not liking it. You know, if we'd all be kind to each other like Chick-fil-A employees are, maybe it would be a little better world. I hope changing to the athletic shoes will help.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have ever had a 3-hour doctor visit although I have had multiple visits that probably added up to 3 hours. Glad you like the new doctor and I hope the athletic shoes help with your feet! Homemade pizza sounds like a big YUM in my book. Hope the rest of your week goes well, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI with you on your favorite thing, there is no place like home. PJ's, yep, soon as I get home I'm heading for my closet for a quick change. ahhhh, feels so good. I'm sending kudos to Mark too, he's refreshing.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't want to share a doctors room with my husband either. I've never heard of that before. My husband goes to the VA for all his medical needs so it wouldn't happen. I didn't like it when he would drive me to the doctors after my surgeries. I wanted him to wait in the waiting room, but it would have hurt his feelings.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, I hope all your test go well. Good that you can wear athletic shoes to work. I always go for comfort over style now. The world is crazy but God is in control. I always tell myself, "Let go and let God" and " Be still" I hope you get to relax this weekend!
ReplyDeleteThe SAME ROOM??? I'd be SO upset!! How sloppy can an office Get?
ReplyDeleteWhat don't they get about Private?
Prayer Anywhere is a Good thing!
hugs
Donna
Hey Linda! Speaking of fasting if I had to go l5 hours without food, just go ahead and shoot me. :) Praying for you and thankful you and hubby believe in prayers. It's a beautiful thing. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI have been in the room with my husband and visa versa when ill. Otherwise we are usually alone waiting and waiting and waiting. Hannah & Jake often go together but since they want a baby that could be part of the reason. I will never forget horrible Maryann the PA at the derm clinic. I will never see her again when she told me, since I am a rebel not a sheeple, Anne, you either do exactly as they tell you do or you will die. Hmmm...since she is obviously not a believer I prayed for her but will never see her again. I am sickened by the baloney on poop these medical morans feed people. Waiting more then five to ten minutes is acceptable but more than that nope. Here they barely allow two or three patients in a wait area and with with 5 doctors why is anybody waiting!!!??? Horribly annoying. Good gravy this world is filled with madness. HELLO JESUS, WHERE ARE YOU? Take care Linda, I hope you get to see a provider for the arthritis sooner than not. Take care
ReplyDelete