Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Tuesday Meme

 I am pre posting/publishing setting this on Sunday afternoon.


 It's time once again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  Let's talk about cowboys this week.

1.  Do you like western style chuck wagon cooking?  Stews, chilis, beef steaks, BBQ  etc.?

Yes. Especially in the winter months. Although, since moving back to Florida, my husband likes to BBQ outside. So, chilis, and such aren't much part of our plans now.

2.  Do you make a good chili, or do you know someone whose chili is the best ever? Beans, meat or both?

Both of us can make chili. My husband prefers beans; black, kidney, pinto. I prefer more meat, so we always compromise. I also make some sort of pasta with it on the side. It cuts down on the "gassy" bloating. ALSO, you can add a bit of oatmeal which soaks up the heat/tomatoes and or a bit of chocolate in the cooking process. Both can do good. I also prefer the way my mother use to make it; Chicago/Midwest style it is not thick.

P.S. did you know there are 11 different types / kind of pasta?

3. Who is your favorite cowboy movie star?

Hmm...hard to say I really don't have one. I like most cowboy movies or as I grew up being told, "Spaghetti Westerns". I liked the foreign/Italian movies growing up.

4.  Do you have a favorite western TV show or movie?

I grew up with Bonanza, The Wild West, Gunsmoke etc. So, really, I liked them all.

The Month of March is coming in faster than you can say the word March. March is our birth months, and I am gently reminded that Liam would of have been 26 at the end of March. It is just so hard to believe he has been gone for 15 months now. Time waits for no one...

15 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. I hope your week is going well. I like stew and chili but steaks out on the grill sounds really good because it is still so cold and wet here. I am beyond ready for spring. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can put chocolate in chili?! I'm moving in with you! *lol* Steve makes a dandy Keto Chili (no beans) that is so yummy. For some reason, though, I'm having trouble with canned tomatoes. Gives me an upset stomach. *sigh* It's always something. *giggle*
    I was thinking about y'all and March. I pray that this won't be a difficult time. Liam, and all the friends we've lost recently, are the lucky ones. They're with Jesus. We're stuck here in the mud, spinning our wheels, trying to get by day after day without going crackers. I'm a bit envious of what they have and we have to wait. Just my 2 cents.
    Love ya lots. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like chili, but beanless. I, too, grew up on Bonanza, Big Valley, and The Wild Wild West and some Gunsmoke. We are enjoying the reruns of Gunsmoke these days. Thinking of you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice that you live in Grilling Outside in February land. I did put burgers on the grill a few weeks ago when NY had one of it's false springs. ( It's snowing again, school was delayed two hours.) I like all sorts of soups, chili, stew, mmm. Fifteen months since Liam went to heaven, doesn't seem possible. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chili is one of those foods that I seem to be losing my taste for as I get older! I don't know why! Although Clint Eastwood is not really a cowboy actor, he definitely made some good westerns back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We often eat our chili with past too. Usually spaghetti or elbow macaroni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I claim partial citizenship in the great state of Texas, there's no finding any stinkin' beans in my chili! I loved the old westerns; Bonanza was 'appointment tv' in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missing someone who has passed is especially poignant when we hit a landmark anniversary on the calendar. March starts out happy for me since my birthday in on the 1st, but quickly goes downhill from there. I've lost so many loved ones during this month, and I'm reminded of this practically every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love BBQ and chili too. Chili comes in so many varieties. I never heard the tip about oatmeal before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned something new today, I've never heard of adding a little oatmeal to chili. hmmmm, I don't know about that but I'm willing to give it a try. Hello March and goodbye February, life goes on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Dear Linda, Your month of March is like our month of February. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you face this next birthday anniversary for your precious Liam. These days are never easy, no matter how many years go by, as you can tell by my most recent post. But God does give us strength and grace to keep moving forward...and also the comforting assurance that our dear sons are safe "at home" in heaven, where no illness or disease or sorrow can ever touch them again. That is a great comfort to me...plus knowing we will all be together again someday forever. No more goodbyes. Until then we carry on and do the best we can, but they are always in our hearts. I hope you have a blessed week. I can't believe it is March already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your tips for chili. We are blessed to have husbands that can cook!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO sorry about the loss of your Liam...
    A Big Hug
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Time is artificial really and from the sun and moon but, we age so we can't just ignore it lol. I wish we could. All the chili talk made me want chili so Friday night will be my chili night. I hope you are enjoying the heck out of Florida and that you get to the beach a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can only imagine how y'all feel when Liam's birthday comes around. I haven't lost my child in that sense, but my grandson. April 30 is difficult. Always l7.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)