Good morning! To answer your question about picking locks; my grandpa taught me. I am quite certain he didn't know what to do with a "female" grandchild-just saying. We would spend countless hours in the O'Hare Airport, horse track and many other places. I can also read people pretty well. Summers were often spent with my grandparents and extended family. My grandfather was a very tall, large man at 6'5, bulky and worked for Chicago Steel as a teamster. He was tough. But he loved his grandchildren very much.
![]() |
| We had been dodging rain yesterday/waterlogged and finally came home around 1 and decided to become chair and couch potatoes. grin |
TIME: After 8 am
SCENE: 59, cloudy and under a wind advisory.
DRINKING: My first cup of New England Breakfast Coffee with Italian Creamer.
WHAT'S FOR DINNER? Well, hubby had planned on making Beef Stew, but we didn't have it, actually we didn't have anything last night but dinner rolls and some fruit. Neither of us wanted anything. So, we might have that or the leftover chicken wings from Friday. Don't know.
THINKING/PONDERING: Some topics going around in our household.
--Yesterday marked 14 months since our son passed away. I am glad he isn't living through this mess of a government and the 'what's coming' that no one can stop. Inflation, high crime, the turning away from God, pro-China government that our very own government is promoting etc. It is a scary time we are living in. Just saying. Evil is around us...
Yesterday and all night was a 'gully washer' out there. It thundered stormed pretty much all night. Today, it's cool and cloudy. Ask me again come say April when I am wanting cooler weather, LOL.
THIS WEEK: Back to the grind. Since my promotion, it has been literally the grind. It was nice to clean out my desk Friday and move into my own space. I am not only doing my job but others as well, we are down 2 people. Although I have to say, it makes the day go fast/er. My promotion has caused quite a stir and jealously and even got this attitude that nepotism is alive and well-I even had to write an incident report against a new employee/co worker, sigh...which brings me to the word nepotism. According to the dictionary is the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs. I simply applied, had a series of interviews and they picked me. If only those who claim this thought of nepotism only knew how many job interviews, I have had for various positions the last couple of months. I have been there for 9 months now, am I moving up to fast? Perhaps.
--One last thought:




Congrats on the promotion. Sorry it caused so much dissention. There's always jealousy because most are too stupid or lazy to better their situation so they blame others for their lack of motivation.
ReplyDeleteOur Country is truly in a mess. We visited a Church member at the Hospital yesterday and I see that the mask fear cult is still going strong. It's really pissin' me off that people are being such sheep. I pray that Jesus comes back soon 'cause we're sure not gonna make it.
Love xx
I'm SO sorry to hear about your Son...!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right about times here on the planet now and in future...I worry about my kids, grandchildren and greatgran!
hugs
Donna
Hi Linda. I hope you have a good Sunday! I hope you will come to like your new job and that it won't be so much of a grind. Virtual hugs from out west. :-)
ReplyDeleteThere is always some level of jealousy at work, Linda. That's one of the very big reasons I felt forced to retire early, but that's another story altogether.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!
Lotta rain here in my neighborhood, too. Thought we would ride our bikes today after church but the wind is too strong. Thankful for water from heaven to nourish our grass and cut down on the water bill!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I get to missing my loved ones, I think the same thing -- so glad they're not here to witness what's going on in our world. I think it was you (?) who commented, Satan is roaming freely and few people even care to pay attention. Wishing you a great new week!
ReplyDeleteDon’t let the haters get you down. You do your job and do it well. That’s why you’ve been promoted. People can be so petty sometimes. Put those blinders on and ignore that mess. Your grandpa sounds like he was a great man. Remembering your Liam with you. ♥️ And yes…this world is just too much sometimes.
ReplyDeleteYes, as much as I would love to have another grandchild or great-grandchild, I have to stop and ask myself if I really want another child to have to grow up in this mess and be forced to learn the stuff they are teaching kids today? I pray for children everywhere who are growing up in this evil age. May God cover them with His love and shelter them from the things that will drive them further away from God. Congratulations on your promotion. You wouldn't have been given the job if you weren't qualified and the right person for it. Don't let others try to bring you down. God brought you here for a reason, and He will protect you. Just stay focused on Him and the job you have to do, and leave the rest to God to take care of. We are very happy for you and I am sure you will do very well in your new position. And yes, we had a LOT of rain and the wind is high today, but I am so thankful for the rain. Still Waters Pond is rejoicing today too. Take care my friend and come visit when you can.
ReplyDeleteRight now it's sunny and 46 here! Gives us Spring fever, but we know more snow will be coming.
ReplyDeleteSorry people are stirring up trouble because of your promotion. You are a reliable hard worker and it shows!
Congratulations on your promotion! I will pray that it becomes less of a grind for you. Go get 'em, Linda! Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeletePeople can be so petty and nasty. So sorry you are experiencing it because of your hard work. Sending love & hugs up to you!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your promotion and I am sure you earned it. Ignore the naysayers. I had to go back and change a few of my answers from my post. I misread the question and thought have I ever, and not this month have you. Makes a big difference. I have not gone skinny dipping recently! No skating, because I could break some bones since I have osteoporosis! Yes the world is crazy, just like the Bible said it would be. I am ready to go when Jesus calls. Have a nice week!
ReplyDeleteHopefully things at work will smooth out soon.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the promotion on your job! You are working hard so no, I don't think you are moving up too fast!
ReplyDeleteWe had very little rain my way and we need it so bad! Happy V-day to you dear Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteNo! You're not moving up too fast, Linda. They see how smart you are and appreciate you!
ReplyDeletePraying for you, Take care.
ReplyDelete