Sunday, February 26, 2023

Staycation Sunday Salon...

 

TIME: 8:00 AM

SCENE: 61*, Dense fog, will warm up back to mid 80's.

DRINKING: Second cup of New England Breakfast Blend coffee with Italian Creamer.

Whatcha' eating? (I made that up, grin)

Breakfast: Who knows. Eggs?

Lunch: Prob. a sandwich?

Dinner: Hubby is grilling; steak, baked potatoes and Southwest corn--he already has all this planned out, grin.

PONDERING:

--We had this "pow wow" at work Friday and it turned into let's attack Ms. Conley by the two younger minions. Thanks for having my back supervisors, NOT. Not sure if they were just awestrucked or what. But I will address this with the supervisors--oh there goes that tone (rolling eyes). The younger minions are upset on how my 'tone' is all wrong and how upset they are I got a promotion etc. Poor things. I wouldn't call it a promotion right now as the supervisors have decided to kowtow to them and now, I have been pulled from my new duties because apparently, they have found fault with the other twos work, and I now must do their jobs as well because "they are behind". Work has turned into such a drama mama place. I am being pulled in every direction and it's just enough to want to commit a crime.

*on second thought out of the 3 supervisors that were in the room, 1 did back me up. Of course, that was nepotism according to the 2 younger minions. rolling eyes

**there is no 'team' work so to speak. And it has been noticed by others.

--The warmer weather here. Humidity is creeping up and as part of the going backwards in the job-I now have to walk down to T &R (Transfer and Receiving) every afternoon to get paperwork because the other two are whining; it's so hard, so hot, whyyyyy do they have to do it, why does she get to wear tennis shoes? etc. 

--decorum and professionalism have gone out the window. Yep, this younger generation is something else. At least where I work it is. This thought of entitlement and give me is just enough to slap someone.

Good news though:

YET. I better leave it there.

Which brings me to:


After spending the day out and about yesterday (grocery shopping, makeup shopping to which Sephora did not have what I needed nor did online because Bare Minerals does not make the particular shade of blush anymore) clothes shopping: Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I am having a stay cation here at home today. Need to prepare myself mentally for the week. Since one of the minions was whining, I now have to cover TABE (Teaching Adult Basic Education testing) for Wed. Thur. Friday as the instructor is out, and the one minion was supposed to cover it. We are 671 inmates behind in testing. WHY? Because of various quarantines, lockdowns, confinement etc. This is not good. 

***geesh sounds like I am whining. LOL

QUOTE FOR THE DAY:


Have a beautiful day friend!

P.S. so many of you replied to being in the same room as my husband (dr. visit). I am appalled to being in the same room. AND Florida still requires a questionnaire and answer to be filled out BEFORE one enters the/a facility and the majority of dr.'s are wearing masks. It's just so silly. JMO but whatever this mess/illness is, it's going to be here, and we are going to have to deal with it etc. The dr. and I had a little conversation about this. For the most part, she agreed that the masks we wear, really don't protect say like 5% and she was like, something is better than nothing. Hmm...distrubing.

23 comments:

  1. Ohhh my gosh. Think they would have wanted some cheese with their whine?! Ugh! I’m so sorry you have to deal with that. Imagine….having to do your job?! 🙄 But it sounds like hubby has a wonderful meal planned for y’all tonight! Here’s hoping this week is uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Mandy...I am not sure what my job is anymore. sigh...hope you're having a beautiful day.

      Delete
  2. Oh Linda, sorry about the drama at work. It boggles my mind the lack of work ethic and whininess of this younger generation along with their common sense. Thinking of you has you head into the new work week. And thank you for the beautiful card that arrived yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin and your cards brighten my day. Wishing you a beautiful week.

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda. Wow, your job sounds stressful. Maybe it's time to look for a new job now that you are are all settled in there in Ocala? You will be in my prayers this week. I hope you can relax and destress today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't for the health benefits and retirement, I would. It's ok Deb...I hope you have a beautiful week ahead. smiles

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry for the problems at work, Linda. And, in the mood I'm in, I'd say "slap them all" LOL Of course, I've only slapped one person in my life; it was my friend Priscella, in the fifth grade, she was cheating at canasta. I couldn't believe I did that, but she was such a forgivable person. I miss those days.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{rolling}}}} Sally, I would love to bestow some physical emotion on them, grin. Wouldn't that be a hoot? grin

      Delete
    2. No Linda, but yes it would be a hoot. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh Linda, I am sorry you are dealing with this! I had plenty of issues with some younger people and lack of work ethic in my last job, and I feel your pain.
    My current job has only 7 nurses, including me. The youngest is in her mid 30's and everyone works, no one calls in. It's such a blessing!
    I hope things get straightened out and those supervisors have your back. It's not fair for you to have to do extra work because the others don't want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari...wishing you a beautiful week ahead. smiles

      Delete
  6. Linda, I'm so very sorry to hear about your issues at work. That will fray your nerves and ruin your day quicker than anything else. It's too long of a story to share here, but constant false claims and bullying caused me to have to quit my teaching job back in 2010. You know, those teachers who preach to the kids that bullying is wrong? Yeah, well, turns out, they're experts at it. Luckily for me, I could afford to quit; so many people don't have that option.
    I'll be praying for you and your work issues.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you know why I loved being a "temp" (Kelly, Manpower, etc.). I don't know that I could ever become a permanent employee again 'cause it spoiled me. There's too much drama and abuse of "power" when a person becomes entrenched in a position. I pray a happy resolution may be reached for all concerned.
    It's in the mid-80s here today! Gosh, it's hot for February. It happens, though, one simply learns to roll with it.
    Love ya. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How discouraging, having to deal with those spoiled brats and their drama. Okay, I've never worked for a Federal or State organization, but wonder why H.R. isn't in the middle of this; why they're leaving you to mediate by yourself. You deserve better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bother! That you must walk on eggshells and do the minions work for them in addition to listening to their accusations is a bit much. Hope that it works out. If it were me, I'd be looking for the door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear of the "drama" at work. That is so frustrating. I wish there was a better place to find a job with benefits, etc. Did you ever try the school system? (Marion County?). Most jobs there also have benefits. Just a thought, although it is late in the school year for many job openings, however, they often start looking for next school year's positions in the spring. Just a thought. Meanwhile, I pray God will protect you from the whiners and bullies. He's got your back even when others may not. Praying for you my friend. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, sorry you've gotten complaining snowflakes for co workers. That's awful. You waited so long for a decent job. These young women today want pay with no work. Doctors have gone down the hill too. Masks are only good to protect from sneezes and coughs.. end of story. I sure hope things improve at work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you have having such a hassle at work. Hopefully you had a peaceful and restful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Other than that... have a great week,,,, :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, younger workers today just don't have much of a work ethic..yet they want big wages! Gotta wonder who raised these kids? My medical facility requires a mask still and it doesn't sound like it's going to change anytime soon! When I had an echocardiogram a month ago I had to tell the tech that I would not be wearing my mask during the procedure because I felt like I couldn't breath to begin with. Nerves is all it was but still! At least she didn't say anything when I had my mask off for the procedure! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry for the work situation. That can not be easy to deal with. People can be so ridiculous! I hope dinner was good last night. It sure did sound like it was going to be a really good meal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. God bless you Linda, you're such a good person, a hard worker and dealing with such ridiculous madness. we will be praying for you. You are not alone, my honey works with lawyers. All the intelligent older ones are fleeing and the young pukes are WOKE ! I could not deal with any of it. Doctors for the most part have sold their very souls to Big Pharma their Master. Sickening. If a crime were to be committed : a bag of lime, a shovel and always a protected specifies like my state flower, the Columbine flower. Once you plant it it is illegal to dig it up hmmmmm........My niece was complaining about the horrible roads in her county. Well honey you all voted for WOKE! Now enjoy the benefits of a third world country in your own back yard. A few years ago my husband worked with a young woman who told the other secretary at the front desk on his floor, she was biding her time on her phone cause "once they let me go they have to give me unemployment benefits." Slap my forehead please! Cold and wind and snow here again this week. Yipee or not! Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, I am so sorry you have to deal with that mess at work. I feel your pain, though. Only thing is the minion's at my work are truly children. School work is too hard...I don't want to do this..."John" did that or "Sally" touched my chair...and on and on! It never ends and let me tell you, they are rude, inconsiderate and would do well to get that rear end busted every once in a while! Just wears me out! Keep your chin up kiddo! Praying for you!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)