Saturday, February 18, 2023

Saturday 9...

 So, I have been trying for an hour to get this post up and running...but you know, hubby just wants to argue over politics...sigh...It is a cool, crisp morning here in Central Florida at 47*. Weird weather, it has been in the mid 80's all week, the humidity creeping up. Anyways, here we go.


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Saturday 9: Saturday Night's Alright (1973)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune?   Hear it here.

1) In this song, Elton John tells us it's 7:00 PM on Saturday evening and he's ready to rock with his friends. What will you be doing at 7:00 this evening? At 7? Probably will be sitting in front of the tv with my laptop. 

2) His sister is ready to party, too. The lyrics tell us she looks cute with "a handful of grease in her hair." What haircare products would we find in your bathroom right now? Ok, since moving back to Florida, I have had to change my whole routine. I now buy Paul Mitchell products. AND since I have a nice paying job, I can afford to. I also been keeping my hair a little shorter (just a little above the shoulder) and more layered. With this humidity and having fine baby hair, it helps. I have a found a very nice young girl who works in the Villages who knows hair. :)

3) He sings that by Saturday, he's had it with the aggravation and discipline of the past week and now he's ready to cut loose. How did last week treat you? Ugh...trying to be formally integrated with my new job position. I told hubby Thursday I am not sure I am cut for it. I am being taught (well, teaching myself really because my boss is too busy) how to do transfers from one prison to another. I know, it's only been a week, but I hope things catch on sooner than later. I am also doing my old job as the other two young people are on administrative duty; filing and intakes only--the bosses have found mistakes with their work. Shaking my head...I shall refrain from discussing this. I have refused to train them-and it has been noted on why. They are untrainable as they already "know it all". That is there is attitude-not mine. And for the record, I am tired, overworked and overwhelmed. 

4) This Saturday night finds Elton and his friends "packed pretty tight" in their bar of choice. Agoraphobics have a hard time feeling safe in busy, crowded places. How about you? Are you comfortable in a crowd? It depends.

5) The lyrics were written by Bernie Taupin, Elton's frequent collaborator. Bernie ranks this near the top of his favorite Elton John records. What's your favorite? Rocket Man and Pinball Wizard. I saw him in concert once when I was a teenager--excellent.

6) Elton has turned his bad eyesight into a hobby, claiming that over the years he has purchased well over 200,000 pairs of glasses. Do you wear glasses? If so, how many prescription pairs do you own? I do wear glasses as I have an astigmatism and wear bifocals. Actually, I am taking this coming Wednesday off to get a major overhaul; dr. appointment with a new doctor and hopefully I can make rounds to see the eye dr. I only own one pair and I need to get that kind that turn into sunglasses. The glare here in Florida is just awful.

7) Elton once had to cancel an international tour because of an emergency appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix? Yep, why you need one? lol.

8) In 1973, when this song was popular, M*A*S*H was at the top of the ratings. Who is your favorite M*A*S*H character? I don't have one.

9) Random question: Who is the wisest person you know? Wisest person? It's a not a person, but the Bible. Wise words that have long been forgotten. Just saying.


On a final note, I have come to the startling realization I have left behind friends...and somewhat my need for family time. So, I think I will take some vacation time for my birthday in March and go/do something. What, I don't know. All work and driving to and forth is making me one sad person.

14 comments:

  1. I like my hair short now also because of the baby fine texture. I'm still using the products that you suggested oh so many years ago. It's good stuff.
    So sorry the job is too demanding. I pray it eases up with time and so does the traffic. Last trip we made to west Jacksonville the traffic was almost overwhelming. I'm glad we're not residents anymore. Two cars in a row is "traffic" for us now. *giggle* I can live with that.
    Love to you both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7pm tonight? We've got a concert to attend. It's a group that imitates the BeeGees. Looking forward to it. Enjoy your weekend. Hoping you get this Monday off for a holiday. Sounds like you could use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to take time with family and loved ones when we can, Linda. Life is just too short to do otherwise. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that things are still so bad at work. I hope it gets better soon or that some kind of changes will come along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I think you, your hubby (mine's the l8th) should party. Not that I party anymore. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for the issues at work. When I took this new job I had to learn a whole new computer system and things to do, I did wonder if I was cut out for it too, but it clicked. It will for you too. However, dealing with these know it all young people in your office is even more frustrating!
    Hope you get your break and time with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, I do hope you can go on a nice vacation and by the ocean too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair sounds very cute!
    That Elton John song is not a favorite, but Hawkeye is my favorite MASH character. Besides MASH was written by a Maine author, at least, a man who lived and died in Maine. He made Hawkeye be from Maine.
    I am nothing if not loyal.
    Was hubby arguing about politics or ranting? There's a difference.
    Take it easy and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I nearly snorted my water at your response to #7! So glad you found a hair artist who satisfies ... they're priceless! Good for you, standing your ground in the workplace. Please keep us posted how it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. I totally agree with you that there seems to be less and less true wisdom in the world. I think it would be a great idea for you to take some time off and do something fun around your birthday. Have a great Sunday. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. have a great weekend with some fun... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, we need our friends and family time. I know work can be very draining, and I pray things will get better as you learn your new position and feel more comfortable with it. But hopefully the weekends can be yours to enjoy and rest and do some things you like to do. (Like come visit us!) I am thankful for the cool respite from last week's heat. It's been nice this weekend, but I know it won't last long. Love you guys. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I left behind my good friends when I moved out of my San Francisco bay area that I miss. It's not the same anymore. 2 of them have passed on - and only one remains and she is taking care of her mother. Oh well, things change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will never forget the look on Elton Johns face when Princess Diana's
    brother gave the royals the once over at her funeral. We never heard about her brother after that display of finger pointing at the royals. They really were truly horrid to her. I have an old friend, her name is Karen and boy oh boy did she turn into a bonafide Karen! Hair stylists are hard to find and keep. Take care of yourself. You are so important to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)