Saturday, February 11, 2023

Funny Valentine...

 Another lost week in blog/cyber/Facebook world ((sigh it is what it is)).


Welcome to Saturday: 9

 Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1953)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it  here.

1) In this song, Frank sings that his lover is his favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)

No artwork, just my husband's Marine Corp stuff hanging.

2) He asks her to not change her hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair?

Prob next month. It really doesn't need it as I got it cut late last month and she did a nice job.

3) Sinatra is often photographed in hats because he began losing his hair while in his 30s. He wore "a rug" for TV, concert and film appearances but really didn't like it, considering the toupee merely part of his work attire. What do you wear when you wish to appear professional? 

I can tell you what I wear on a daily basis, business casual. Slacks and a nice blouse and since the weather is warming up (ha, when is it not warm here in Fl. lol) we are allowed to wear those "clam diggers" nothing about the knee though--and skirts and dresses have to be at the knee. We are allowed to wear sandals, wedges, open toed shoes etc.

4) Sinatra is best known for his singing and won an Oscar for his acting. But not many people know he liked to paint until he widow sold his paintings at auction. Do you have a secret talent?

I can pick locks. Yep. Bring it on, any lock.

5) As a kid, he was a paperboy in his hometown of Hoboken, NJ.  Tell us about one of your early jobs.

I worked at the Ocala Movie Theatre when I was 14 until I was 18. Loved it.

6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for Tuesday?

No. There will be nothing special about the day as I have to work, and hubby just asked me this question.

7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?

HA. You will never see a tattoo on me, so nothing.

8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. Who received the last greeting card you sent?

  It's been a while...sad to say.

9) Sweethearts, those candy hearts with sayings like "BE MINE" stamped on them, began as throat lozenges. Are you fan of these little candies?

So so...It's a take it or leave it sort of thing.


I am over the month of February. March is fast approaching and that means hot/humid weather will also be upon us sooner than later. March is our birthdays months. Another birthday...60 is coming up in 4 years. Yikes, where have the years gone? Grin. I will try to catch up later, hubby has things to do in town today and I might tag along, although it is pouring rain and severe weather is expected.


Have a beautiful day all.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. Still bitter cold here, some days it doesn't even make it up to the freezing mark. Snow is in the forecast again for early next week. We won't warm up until the end of April, if then. My hubby wants us to move somewhere warmer when I retire in three years. We shall see. Maybe we will. Always good to hear from you. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good day and try to stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew Sinatra went bald early.
    I wear scrubs to work, jeans at home. All are comfy!
    My hair is getting done in a week and it really needs it.
    We have sunshine today. Hope you don't get wet running errands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday, Linda! Not a fan of the little conversation hearts! They do make good manipulatives for reinforcing math skills with the younger kids or those with special needs. Love the new backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the humidity stays away until May. Our Mayfaire by-the-Lake event is often called Bake-by-the-lake and it is always Mother's Day weekend. Most of the time the weekend before is lovely, then it hits. Sending love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'll bite -- how and where did you learn to pick locks?! I imagine those 'residents' at your workplace would love to take lessons. (lol) Nope, you'll never see a tattoo on me either. Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My birthday is March 1, so it's almost here! February is, indeed, flying by.
    Blessings, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Picking locks goes nicely with your job! :). Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always liked Frank's music...
    Enjoy your day as well!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know severe weather was predicted...maybe we escaped it here, but we had rain all night long and today it is just dreary. But I am very happy for the rain. We sure need it. Yeah, we don't usually do much for Valentine's Day because John's birthday is the 16th, and so we normally do something special then...but for him, not for me. LOL. I learned that long ago when we got engaged and his aunt threw a nice party for his 21st birthday with a big heart on it...that's pretty much the way it has been ever since. LOL. That's okay. He's my Valentine. Hope you all got lots of stuff done today. We helped Benton for a little while at the store this morning, but I am still not 100% back to normal so I needed to get back home and take a nap. Good day for it. Take care and come visit when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I worked at our movie theater when I was in high school and I loved it. I worked the concession stand which meant I could visit with my friends when they came in. Where the concession stand was located I could see all the cars going up and down main street. I had a great boss, he was strict and not strict at the same time. I know, that sounds crazy but oh well!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Answering the questions you have here:
    1) Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now.

    Gary's framed posters from his marathon-running days.

    2) He asks her to not change her hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair?

    Hopefully not for at least a couple of months. I got a haircut this past week and "got my money's worth" so to speak -- she cut it quite a bit shorter than I wanted.

    3) What do you wear when you wish to appear professional?

    I wear either slacks with a longish cardigan in the same color as the slacks and a nice-quality coordinating T-shirt underneath (nothing garish) or a tea-length dress.

    4) Do you have a secret talent?

    I remember faces pretty well; not quite as good with remembering names.

    5) Tell us about one of your early jobs.

    I worked at King's Food Host taking drive-up orders and serving food at the indoor tables.

    6) Do you have a special meal planned for Tuesday?

    Gary plans to take me out to our favorite steak place. I've also ordered a special foodie (dessert) gift for him to be delivered that day.

    7) If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?

    Like you, never a tattoo for me, but I do display my loved one's name on my blog all the time.

    8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. Who received the last greeting card you sent?

    One of my granddaughters had a birthday this past week, so she received a card from me with cash tucked inside.

    9) Are you fan of these little candies?

    Not really.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can pick locks?! You are full of surprises, Linda! I almost spit out my coffee. I hope you have some fun tagging along with your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness you are a spring chicken! Gee, I wear a hat as often as I can for the same reason as Frank Sinatra. 🧢

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think working in a movie theater would be fun! I was an usherette when I was in high school and I got to see all the performances for free. I hope you had a nice shopping time with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My first job was at a dog kennel in Mims. Can't remember the name of it. I was 15.
    You wouldn't believe the rain that passed through here yesterday! Our dirt road is a soupy mess and all the creeks are swollen. Getting to Church this AM and back home was a bit of a trial. Yowza! It's super cold now. Well, it is still Winter. I never did get to see the Green Comet. I never get to see cool things in the heavens Too many trees. *sigh*
    Gave a great week.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. My first 'real' job was in a drug store behind the counter of 'sweets'. I always gave my friend's extra ice cream on their cones. I loved that job! :)
    My mom's birthday was March 2 and mine is the l8th. I'll be 81, don't tell anyone. When is yours and hubby's?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot to mention that living in north FL it gets cold here occasionally and be an 'older' person I freeze. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)