OOPS, I just realized May 30 was the last day I had posted. Last week was a short week at work, nonetheless, it was a very busy one. Between recovering from the asthma attack, certain dorms shutting down to the c word, prisoners had to be moved, had to walk to the other side of the compound in million-degree weather to pick up a pallet of records, and an audit on the vault records, oh and still learning my job, yeah...I was feeling a little burnt out. You'll be happy to know I did indeed survive. ((grin))
![]() |
| Flagler Beach, FL June 4, 2022 |
A little r and r were on tap for yesterday. Linking back the meme to Monica.
Time: 7:15 am
Scene: Extremely humid and 69*. Suppose to be in the mid 90's today with 60% chance of showers.
Today's Plan: Supposed to get our (me and hubby) haircut. Yep, on a Sunday. Living back in Florida has def. been somewhat a culture shock to say the least. F-R-E-E-D-O-M rules or as my husband says, "The land of plenty".
Drinking: Nothing yet. I really need to get around though...we did bring home Krispy Kreme donuts yesterday, I already had one, grin.
Listening to: Everyone is up and getting around. WHY??????? Is the question.
Watching: Nothing. I have been coming home by 5:30 and crashing by 8. 4:30 am comes awful early during the week, just saying. grin
Randomness:
We made the short 45-hour trip over to Flagler Beach and I was plum excited to feel like I was going to fall off the Earth, LOL. YEP, that's the Atlantic straight ahead.
We quickly got ourselves unloaded and I begin to collect shells.
There was one lone fisherman fishing. He was very nice and said he hadn't caught anything. He repeated several times there is a storm brewing out there. Indeed, the skies did look ominous at times. But nonetheless, it was nice.
awwww....and one little fish didn't make it back out to sea. I know most of you saw my post on FB in regard to me finding a Sharks Tooth and then promptly losing it, sigh. I was so excited as it was a game me and our son played. I was so excited that I was jumping up and down and fell on my rear in that soft sand, LOLOL. I am quite sure Liam was looking down from Heaven laughing and doing the cuckoo sign, LOL. Yes, it was a tad bit bittersweet and sad. I did bring home 2-gallon bags of seashells. Which prompted a comment from my husband, "Did you leave any? And hey, you do know we live in Fl right? You can come to the beach anytime." I plan on decorating our second bathroom in a beach theme.
Since the skies were looking pretty ominous by midafternoon, we went over to JT'S Seafood Shack. I had hushpuppies and fries, my husband, Kim and Bob all had shrimp and grits. Kim and Bob always go there to eat when they camp/tv at the beach. Then we went over to Buc-ee's--the world's best and largest gas /rest stop around. Want to talk about a sensory overload? Yep.
![]() |
| took this off the web. Yeah, it's a city in itself, rolling eyes. |
Then we stopped over to Harley Davidson in Daytona. Yeah...I shall refrain from mentioning its another sensory overload.
On the way home we did stop at the Barberville Art Emporium. A very funky place. AND another sensory overload. I was itching to get back to the beach for peace and quiet...yeah...nope.
I wish I could state my batteries were recharged and ready to start another work week, but nope...not. I am still on beach time. And the best thing about yesterday? I didn't have to bother about getting dolled up; wearing a bathing suit, a cover up, a ballcap and flip flops were the norm for the day. GRIN
Amen to that. (((GRIN)))










This post made me smile too. Y'all needed some R 'n R. Hope you can do it more often.
ReplyDeleteAs for the coo vid, I'm noticing that almost all the ones that got the jab are getting sick. Hmmmm ... Speaking of which, I've e-mailed Linda E. in Chattanooga. Haven't heard back. Have you heard anything from her? I'm concerned that she might be very ill now. I miss her posts.
Sending Love & Prayers
Sparky xx
Linda, it sounds like you had a wonderful time at the beach. I have a friend who visits Flagler Beach so I was familiar with the places you mentioned. Have a relaxing day and eat a KK donut for me.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your week was so stressful, Linda. What? They don't realize the sort of stuff you're made of? (Never underestimate ... ) That JT's Seafood Shack is exactly the sort of thing mother and I were looking for on our last drive back from Launderdale; the kind my parents enjoyed in the 50's. Unfortunately, we never found anything and wound up at a Denny's = ugh,.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun at the beach! It was just what you needed.
ReplyDelete4:30 is an early start for sure!
Sounds like a busy but perfect day! I imagine eventually you will get used to the humidity? XO
ReplyDeleteYes, I've been to the Barberville Yard Art Emporium. LOTS of eye candy but I've not bought anything there yet.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to go to the beach. I think my shell-collecting days are over. It is nearly irresistible to not bend down to pick them up, but at my age, that has become a most tiring activity. Plus I have so many of them from years of collecting.
I enjoyed your pictures and I'm glad you could have a nostalgic moment, so to speak, with Liam regarding shark's tech.
We Rv'd at Flager Beach... right on the water....great location
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, I am new to your blog, you have a lovely space!! I just started blogging again after two years. Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are feeling much better dear Linda. Oh a beach day sounds wonderful. I am ready to get some sand between my toes but needless to say so many other things have opted for my time as of late. MERCY! And I am retired! LOL! I used to love to collect sea shells. One year the grands and I had a sea shell painting party with the shells I had collected the year before. So much fun. It has been some kind of humid! WHEW! Happy June! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteI am SO happy you finally made it to the beach! It's been a LONG time coming for you! I am sorry about the lost shark's tooth, but maybe next time you will find two. The nice thing about living in Florida is there WILL be a next time! I am sorry last week was a bit stressful at work, but I am glad you were able to wind down a bit this weekend and do something fun. I'm glad that storm stayed away long enough for you to enjoy your day. Yeah, I've been to Barberville too. Not in a while now, however. We haven't really been to the beach in a while, and I am hankering to go. I hope this next week won't be so bad at work and that you will still be feeling relaxed from your beach time. Saying a prayer for you now. (((hugs))) Yeah, 4:30 IS early. Get to bed.
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh to beach time!! Glad you had a good time!! Catching up! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. So glad you are feeling better and that you got to go to the beach. Sounds like your new job is keeping you busy. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon. :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a perfectly wonderful weekend.
ReplyDelete