Sunday, June 12, 2022

Front Porch Chats

 Thank you all for the kind comments from last night's post. Linking back to Monica for the Front Porch Chats...

not a front porch, but our friends living room

Time: 10:20 am

Scene: 82* but real feel is 89*, partly cloudy. The temp is why I am not out on the front porch. It is like pea soup; thick.

Today's Plan: hang up the laundry. As humid as it is, it won't take long to dry.

Drinking: I already had my 1 cup of Keurig coffee with Italian creamer.

Listening to: Nothing much. Pretty quiet. My husband is outside, Kim is dealing with an issue with her 80 yr old mother (they are admitting her to hospice today-she has severe dementia), Bob (Kim's husband) is on his way home from Vero Beach to help her and then he is heading to Sarasota for a job (he works for security firm). All TMI. {{{grin}}}

Watching: nothing yet. I need to get caught up on my Youtube videos.

Randomness: 

--please Kim in prayer...the time has come to put her mom in a safe environment and the end of life is coming sooner than later.

--please keep my dad in prayer. Unfort. he is not doing as well- as expected-- in recovery for his hip replacement back in late April. And all (them and the dr (s)) are concerned.

--this world needs the good Lord. So much evil going on between the social engineering, the government(s) etc. So, let's keep in general prayer.

Thought for the day:

21 comments:

  1. The state of our country is bad. I am praying about that and Kim and your dad. I hope you have a good day. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori. I hope you have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  2. I feel for Kim. My MIL was put in a nursing home with severe dementia, but not before a lot of stress to her daughters as they tried to take care of her. It's hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanette. Kim's sister passed away right before our son did, so she is the only one to deal with things.

      Delete
  3. Laundry dries, even in humidity... Never knew that.

    You are working in a prison. Now I know where. (Nosy people have to know these things, ya' know!!!! LOL)

    Do hope your doing-good-work-job will keep you safe.

    Gentle hugs,
    😊 😊 😊 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yep... I work in a prison/Administration Clerk. I do a lot of filing, typing and such. Yes, laundry dried even in humidity, although I ended up snatching it all down as we had a storm that blew in, LOL.

      Delete
  4. My brother had progressive dementia brought on by a head injury years earlier - last November his pain was finally relieved and he passed away. He was only 71. It’s terrible. I feel for Kim and anyone who has to deal with dementia and Alzheimer’s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How horrible...my mil also has dementia...just a horrible disease.

      Delete
  5. It's so stressful dealing with parents as they age. So sorry that Kim is having to do that now. I went through all that in the early-to-mid 2000s. Now Steve is dealing with his Mom. We're praying that she will transition soon or be healed. She suffers with pain and memory loss every day. Steve always patiently explains everything over and over for her. He is such a Saint.
    It's good to "Pray without ceasing ..." as the Apostle Paul reminds us in the Holy Word. Prayers for all those mentioned AND our rapidly deteriorating Country. The devil is really going after the children to drag them into sin and death. Please pray for a hedge of protection around these little innocent souls. Lord please come back soon!
    And keep looking up!
    Love & Prayers
    Sparky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve has a heart of gold, and you know it, smiles Love you guys.

      Delete
  6. Prayers lifting, both for Kim and your father. I remember when my own mother was going through that, how alone I felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...that is the word-alone...so sorry Myra.

      Delete
  7. Praying for Kim and her mother situation. I know that is so hard. My heart goes out to her. And also to you and your Dad and family. I am sorry to hear that he is not doing so well. (((Hugs))) I know it hasn't been easy for you, but I believe God has you here in Florida for many reasons. Mainly, though, you needed to be with people who would surround you with love and help you through your own grief. I am still hoping we can meet one of these days soon. I looked at the pictures of the house you've chosen. I know you will love it when you get it settled and you can move in. It will be brand new and all yours! Praying everything goes well in the meantime. yes, it is HOT and HUMID. But remember what it will be like in winter here instead of there...that keeps us going. LOL. (((hugs))) to you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lololol...I'm told it gets cold here, LOLOLOLOL...YEAH not like what NY gets, LOLOL.

      Delete
  8. Hi Linda, wishing you a peaceful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone, it seems, is dealing with hard things. Praying for Kim and her mother and praying for your father.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen, amen, to continued prayer. Sorry to learn about Kim's mom and your dad. More prayers! Wishing you blessings, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for Kim and family and your Dad. My Dad is also in the hospital again with heart issues.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda. There are so many people dealing with truly tough situations. Prayers for all, and especially for our country and society. We need a return to Godly Biblical principals. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a tough world but we muddle through with God's help. Thinking of you and praying for God to take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)