Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day Front Porch Chat...

 Linking back to Monica for the Front Porch Chat. 

P.S. I just found over 28 messages in SPAM. So sorry and thank you Jeanette for saying something on your blog. WHY ARE COMMENTS GOING TO SPAM?

I'll just leave this subject here. My husband is not up to par today in regard to remembering its Father's Day.

Time: 9:30 am. Been up since 6 though.


Scene: 88*partly sunny but calling for severe storms later after lunch.

Drinking: I already a cup of 


Kim found her 1 cup basket for the Kehrig, we all have been enjoying a cup of this.

Listening to: Kim and Bob--she is painting the living room and they are bantering back and forth.

Watching: Does paint dry mean anything? grin or how about keeping an eye on the weather because the laundry is out. Yeah its "soupy" out.

takes on a new meaning, airing my dirty laundry, grin

Randomness: Let's see...I did read your comments from a few days ago

---Yes, it's hot and the humidity here is something else. It is what it is. AND one does not have to use much or any moisturizer on one's face, just saying.

---However, the hair is another issue, LOLOL.

---And all that changed once we moved back here. Let's just say, glistering / shimmering takes on a whole new meaning, LOLOLOL.

---Bob spent the last week in Sarasota and was kind enough to remember Jasimine is one of my favorite things.



don't worry he bought his wife home some too, LOL.

AND he bought home Ham Salad, which I have not been able to find anywhere here. He found it at a Mennonite Market.

---visited my folks yesterday...and I wish my husband would quit pushing this subject. I know where I stand with my parents. There is not one photo of our son anywhere, all the photos are of my brothers' kids. Go ahead and ask me how I know...because I was nosy. I'm over it because I am deeply troubled, and the good Lord knows it. I will leave it at that.

*** and there no photos of me either.

---Speaking of one's parents...thank you and Kim thanks you for the kind thoughts regarding her mom. No funeral plans etc. Yet. Maybe next weekend.

Scripture:


Just keeping it real. I think if I was being truthful to myself and the good Lord, sometimes, a person just has to walk away and let God do the healing on his time. AND if I was being truthful, the hurt only gets worse regarding my folks. I can't fix or work on something if I don't know the true meaning on why and I have asked AND they just sit there stone faced. Ok then...moving on.

31 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to retrieve all those comments in your spam folder. When I checked mine for the first time there were only 5 of them but still.....I'm keeping you and your husband in my prayers today because it must be an especially tough day for him. You are kind to even visit your parents and now after seeing no pictures of your son or even yourself I don't think I would be inclined to visit them again. Take care my friend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you do you. You can walk away and live your life without certain people in it. It's ok. And I know you know that, just reminding you! Have a cozy day. Only 65 degrees here in PA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My present hair style, would be super, in heat/humidity!!! Not enough hair to get messed in any way. Just *comb* the top front to one side and I'm done!

    And if one is lucky enough to have curly hair, very short would be even better. I think short curly hair is the CUTEST style ever!!! For all ages.
    And soooooo damn simple!!!

    Think about it! -smile-

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had curly hair...straight baby fine is my hair, grin.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your parents do not exactly like you.

    Self preservation and quality of life, *should* dictate how much you interact with them.

    My view. Just my view.

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and that is the crux of it, right? sigh,

      Delete
  5. Found comments in spam....

    I don't find any way, to view any thing, what went into SPAM, on Blogger.
    How?

    I can see stuff in Spam, in the mail box, which goes with my blog.

    Used to find one lady's comments there, so had to check all the time. We don't follow each other any more so...

    Basically, I don't think anything has gone into any spam place, connected with my blog. Think I will do a post on this, 'cause I may be missing something.

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh when you approve comments, there is a little button on the upper left hand side and says spam...anyways...I have to remember this. smiles

      Delete
  6. I am so over Blogger that I've quit commenting on a lot of blogs. There's still many I can't comment on. No point in following them anymore.
    So sorry your parents are so uncaring and thoughtless towards you and your loved ones. Mine were also. I stopped caring when I turned 40. It ruined my health being around them. I had to quit trying. When the Old Man finally nastied away, I rejoiced. Haven't missed him one bit in all the years he's been gone. Guess you'll have the same situation when yours are in eternity. Hopefully, they are saved. That's all one can hope for. Amen?! I had to give it up and give it to God or go *non compos mentis* (insane).
    Love ya friend.
    Blessings.
    Sparky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still my folks...and the good Lord has these Commandments, right? sigh...and they believe in Jesus and God...but not like exactly like I do.

      Delete
  7. Hi Linda. Happy Father's Day to Dave and Bob. So sorry to hear that your relationship with your parents is still difficult. Prayers that it can get better. I think that God blesses our efforts when we try. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....Dave said the same thing...I just can't right now...after seeing or not seeing photos. It really hurt.

      Delete
  8. I like your inclusion of the verse, "I am the God who heals you." We trust that to be true, in spite of not feeling it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Given what you've told me in the past, I completely understand your "relationship" with your parents. Some parents give reason to be cut off. But then there are children like our son who cut us off because we don't share his ideology, not because we DID anything. The weather is beautiful...72, sunny, and a nice breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't control what your parents do, say, or think. You can only control how you respond to them. Sometimes the only response is to walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, today's a difficult day. Someday everything will make sense; meanwhile, please know you've lots of us who care for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry about the problems with your folks. I know it hurts and has to be especially painful that there are no pics of Liam.
    Glad Bob remembered some sweet things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, I am so sorry that your folks continue to keep their distance even with you back in Ocala. As your verse says, give God time to make it right. Sending love & hugs and wishes for a good week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought of your husband as we approached the day. It must be so hard for both of you. He is with our Heavenly Father. I know that gives some peace. But grieving takes time. Sorry about your family. That is so sad that they don't have pictures of you. I would be very hurt too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart breaks for you and with you. I can only imagine how difficult today has been for Dave and for you, and then the issue with your parents only complicates it further. I do not understand how parents can be like that, especially after all you've been through. The problem appears to be with them. Guilt? Perhaps. They don't know how to deal with it and can't forgive themselves. That's my opinion. May God heal their hearts and yours as well. In His time..."He makes all things beautiful in His time..." We just have to trust Him to work it out. Meanwhile, you have to get on with your life in the best way you can. You have very good things going on now with your job and new house, etc., and God is blessing you in many many ways. Focus on the good stuff and let God handle the rest. He is able. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sad about your parents, Linda. That has to hurt a lot. I knew today would be difficult for your hubby, but every day for you both. I’m going to try and blog more; thanks for your visit today xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, sometimes you have to cut your losses and walk away. No contact with narcissists who make a child the scapegoat is the way to go. Nothing will change (she says from experience). My prayers are always with you. Gosh is makes me mad when someone hurts you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry about the relationship with your parents. Life is so hard sometimes, but I'm glad you have your husband and most of all the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I'm losin' it. Did I write a comment last night or am I really elderly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry your parents don't have a picture of Liam in their home, that hurts my heart. Heat, humidity and bad hair days, yep you're back in the south now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sorry that the relationship with your parents is so strained. It would be hurtful to me too to see all the photos - none reflecting your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know what I like most about you, Linda? You're so REAL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi just recently found your blog, I'm 58 years old and have had basically the same struggle with my parents all my life finally at 48 I had to walk away. I struggled for years with Honoring my parents, I learned I can honor them from afar. I love them . I don't want any harm to come to them, but for my mental an physical health I had to walk away. One day in Heaven all will be fixed. It's not easy but know that God knows your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is everything all right. I'm kind of worried about you!! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)