Somehow the week got away from me, yet again. Thank you all for the kind thoughts/comments...I had good intentions of answering your comments, honest I did.
Today is Thursday June 16
Outside: it's 95 degrees at nearly 9 pm/ Yep...it's that hot out. The heat index has been hovering around 105.
Thankful for: For you...and the love that has been shown to us.
Thinking: Our 'housemate', Kim, lost her mother this afternoon. Luckly she was with her when she did pass on to Glory. All we could do is be here, listen, pray and cry with her. Been there, doing it still. Just keeping it real.
Wearing: I don't care what our hosts/housemates think, but it's been so hot, I have been coming home and throwing on pj's; gray Pj shorts with coffee cups and a pink tank with Sunday Funday on it.
Going: I have tomorrow off, since I was eligible for a paid personal holiday that had to be taken before June 30, I elected to take it tomorrow. So many things to do in regard to the house buying etc.
Wondering: I was offered the teaching job at the prison...I am somewhat shocked---because rumor has it, I am moving up to fast. Jealousy rules the roost with some. And I simply don't understand that concept.
Praying: Keeping so many in prayer...I often fall asleep before I can finish. I know the good Lord knows...
Looking forward to: Finally, getting settled if or when in our own home.
*** I am forever thankful for our friends who have put us up during this very difficult time(s).
In the kitchen: My husband has been kind enough to cook for us--but since I am not working tomorrow, he wants to go out since we will be out and about. It' a date day (not night, lol)---we usually have Bob and Kim with us. Kim is going into work for a bit and then heading over to the funeral home .
Scripture:


As always it is nice to hear from you. So sorry for Kim.
ReplyDeleteGob bless you and all in your household.
Whew! It's starting to cool off a bit here. It's only 80* at 9:46 and tomorrow's high is lower 80's. Saturday's high is only going to be in the 60's and Saturday night it's going down into the low 40's...then back to upper 80's/90's by Tuesday. Crazy weather! I posted some pictures of our cool clouds tonight...too late to get the color. My daughter got a couple. At one point everything was golden...the clouds, the air...very odd, but beautiful. Eh, brush those who are jealous off (or win them over), haters are always going to hate. I hear you on the wardrobe. I am currently at "just don't care" level. lol Enjoy your day off tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteSad things. So sorry for her loss. I hope things cool down for you in Florida and also prayers for your home soon!! I can't comment with my Blogger account on here anymore, not sure why. But its me Annie(cottage by the sea.
ReplyDeleteI’m so sorry for your friend’s loss. It’s been really hot here too, but it’s supposed to be cooler this weekend. Yay for a date day! Have fun
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear all is well. A day off already! Can't beat that. Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to Kim. She is in my thoughts and prayers as she deals with the passing of her mother and all the arrangements, etc. May God give her strength and grace to handle this. (((hugs))) for Kim...and all of you! I am glad you are all there for each other. What a blessing for both families. I know you are ready to move on to your own home, but I know also that God has had you in that place for a reason and for a season. He knows our needs better than we do. Congratulations on the job offer for the teaching position!! I am sure you will do very well with that, and it is a true miracle and blessing from God. Now you can see why you were supposed to accept THAT job over the other one in the library! God knew what was coming. Don't worry about other's opinions, jealousy, etc. They apparently are not qualified for the promotion and you are! So just smile and be thankful God is blessing you!!! I would imagine that would bring a nice raise in pay as well? And no more sitting at a desk all day...way to go, Linda! God IS good!! I am so happy for you. And you will be in your house before you know it! Wow...things are moving right along very nicely. Meanwhile, try to keep cool and enjoy this day off. Praying for all of you. Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteMay God comfort Kim with the comfort only He can give.
ReplyDeleteGosh it's hot down there! It is pleasantly cool here. I am
grateful.
Of course, you are moving up. Hope that silly emotions settle
down so the best person for the teaching position will have
the job. IMHO—you!
Linda, I am so sorry to hear of Kim's Mom. Please extend my sympathies to her. Glad you are able to take the day off and take care of a few things. How awesome that you were offered the teaching job! Enjoy your day and have a relaxing weekend.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear of Kim's mom's passing. Dealing with the death of a love one - so very hard. You know that well. I will be interested in hearing if you become a full time teacher at the prison. I am sure God has a plan for you there, and I know you could help many. I hope you and your husband enjoy your date day. Keep us informed on the progress with your house. I hope you can still move forward even with the big jump in interest rates. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteHey, girl! Whatever makes you comfortable, wear it! I'm glad you and your hubby had a Date Day. I still have to pinch myself to remind myself you are in Ocala. Five years ago, before I moved to TN, we would practically have been neigbors!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to see this about Kim's mother. I'm glad you are there with her to help when the ordinary requirements of daily living get to be too much. Sadly, you know all about that, but as I often say, nothing is wasted in God's economy.
ReplyDeleteIt always seems when the new kid on the block does well jealously will abound. I think it's great you were offered that position, after all that's what you went to school to be, a teacher. Stay the course and hold HIS hand.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on landing that teaching position! The others will just have to get over themselves. Condolances to Kim; I'm praying strength to get her through these next few days.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry for Kim's loss. Please let her know I lifted prayers. It is a hard time (as we know). I'm glad you have a day off and am sorry to be late getting here. Hope you and Dave got some things done but had time to enjoy a meal out and about. Sending love & hugs!
ReplyDeleteIt's even been hot here! Finally better weather today.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Kims mom. Happy to hear of your job offer! I knew whoever got you would be blessed! Sad that some folks are jealous though.
Love that FL is a Red State!!!
ReplyDeleteBut wonder if I could live with all that heat/humidity. It means people have to live in A/C. With the way Biden is ruining the economy, it is going to cost so much, A/C I mean. -sigh-
Good for the promotion.
Wonderful that your own place, is getting closer.
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨
Sorry Kim lost her mom. I think that is nice that you got offered the teacher's position. I am excited for you regarding your future home!
ReplyDelete