Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tuesday Mystery Meme

 Apologies for not commenting on your comments yesterday. We were out and about, and it was not a good day emotionally. Grief happens that way, or as my good friend Barbara pointed out "triggers". Indeed, we had a big trigger yesterday. AND ITS OK.


Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we try to give you topics to discuss each week. Hopefully it helps with your blogging, gives a bit of fun and helps you meet new friends.

This week we are talking about true crime and mystery.  I think this week's question might need some thinking cap time!

1. Was there a notorious crime in the news that caught your attention or interest? Did you follow that case to its conclusion?  If there was no solution, do you pay attention to news about the case long after? (For instance, the Lindbergh kidnapping case... Patty Hearst, etc., )

The Ted Bundy case all those years ago. I was a girl growing up in central Florida. And here was a sociopath on the run. My dad had many talks about being aware of your surroundings etc.

2.Does the mystery genre of literature and movies interest you?  Does anyone book, series or movie stand out for you?

I really love Agatha Christie books. I also have been reading the cozy mysteries and I am on book 2 of the Vickie Delany Tea by the Sea series.

3.  Ever play Clue or any one of the new mystery games available?  Do you enjoy solving mysteries or puzzles?

Yes, and yes...it's been a long time since we have played.

4. Some towns are known for mysteries that took place there. Do you have something like that in your town or state?  If not... how about telling us about something that has always puzzled you!

No mysteries here in our town. I will say many of the homes here are old and still have soot in their basements from when the trains use to run through here. Not anymore (the trains). Hornell has been dead for years. Maybe that subject is a mystery to me...how can mayors and such allow a town to die? One thing, if we have to have medical needs above a band aid, you have to drive to Rochester or Buffalo and that's 80 miles either or. That is a huge financial burden. Same with shopping etc. We used to think that was cool--now, not so much. The former governor Cuomo calls us 'cow people'. We have dairy farms out here. 


yep, and soon...and soon we will have to get use to the heat and humidity once again. I for one, am looking forward to it. Back to work tomorrow. Although, he/the boss called and left a message yesterday asking did I want to pick up some hours (and no, that would make 11 days straight of working), I did NOT go in. 

14 comments:

  1. So sad what is happening to rural America.. we had so many little manufacturing operations growing up then China worked its magic... all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading cozy mysteries and some suspense/thrillers. I am adding the one you are reading to my list. Have a good day at work, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last picture - I LIVE in flip flops even in the winter just for that reason!! HA! I hope today is a better day for you - just keep working through it...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could I have forgotten Ted Bundy?! What an awful time to have been a parent of a co-ed!
    It won't be long now ... don't forget your sun screen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I grew up in Herkimer!! and trust me..nowadays that ain't much better than Hornell. A good friend of mine from my Roberts Wesleyan College days grew up in Hornell :)

    I loved going to college in Rochester but NOT the winters there. I was so happy to move out here to eastern NY (between Albany and Saratoga) where we have EVERYTHING within a 10 min drive including the best hospitals, cultural arts venues, my beloved mountains, excellent churches (for the most part) and hardly any snow!! (although we did get some freezing rain Sunday into Monday).

    I hope you are well and I know it must be so hard going through this grieving process. One day you will see your boy again.......prayers to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me I'd say the Zodiac killer was a big one for me when I was a kid. One halloween, everyone was afraid to let the kids go out. The Zodiac killer haunted and taunted law enforcement for years. They never caught him; probably dead now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I hate wearing shoes now. Sandals everyday unless it is too cold... and too cold is high 60s and below!! :) Love & hugs (and prayers!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuomo is a piece of work. Loved your answers. Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for the hard day yesterday. I know grief comes in waves and some days are just hard! Glad you didn't go into work - you deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes, 11 straight days? No thank you. I'm glad you did not go in. You need some time to rest and regroup. I know you have a LOT going on now, and I pray things will begin to fall into place for you soon so you can literally get a "move on". Yes, I sadly remember the Ted Bundy horror. Pure evil. So thankful he is gone. May God protect our land from ones such as he. Anyway, I do love mystery stories. We've been watching the old Perry Mason shows now, and are waiting for the new season of Murdoch Mysteries to start back up next month. We enjoyed Columbo too. I just haven't done much reading this past year...which is a mystery to me! LOL. Praying for you as you continue to work through all the things that are surrounding you now. Can't wait for you to put on your flip flops and get on the beach and get some sand between your toes again. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy Clue and some mysteries. Just nothing too intense. I don’t blame you for not going for more hours. Sometimes having off time is much more important than the money.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you and Dave. Those "triggers" can be something so simple or something major! Just asking that our Lord keep His tender arms around you and Dave. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I've ever read an Agatha Christie book

    ReplyDelete
  14. My oldest girl loves murder mysteries. I'm that girl reading Sean of the South and bawling like a toddler. everyday My father told me, during the reign of terror that Ted Bundy conducted, never ever judge a book by its cover. He was a handsome well groomed man and he was filled with evil. Always in my prayers and asking God to hold you and Dave up in HIS ALMIGHTY arms. Rest when you have to. Do what is necessary and never let anyone tell you what they think is good for you at the job site. Love to you and your sweet hubby too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)