Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year

 I was saying Jumanji yesterday at work; some folks got it, some didn't and some just need to plain relax and quit screaming/yelling at each other and their kids. It's sad, truly it is. 


I want to thank each of you for the Anniversary wishes. I had to work until 4:30 yesterday and met my husband at Applebee's after. I was in bed by 10 and for the first time ever, we did not watch the ball drop. I am just done with NY and all the nonsense here. I am off to work later today, tomorrow and Monday. 6 days in a row. 


Thank you for all the snail mail, cards, IM'S, emails, Bible Verses (Darlene-grin) and so on...I haven't had the heart to send out Thank You cards yet...just keeping it real. 3 weeks today my friends that Liam went on to Heaven...and it's still pretty raw.

15 comments:

  1. Just sharing my personal opinion here, Linda, you don't need to send out thank yous when you are grieving unless that helps you to process what's going on between your ears and in your heart. We all understand to one degree or another the heartache you are forced to handle right now.

    Yes, it looks like the New Year has arrived even those many of us did not watch that ball drop. Waking up to feel rested is more important than during the candle till Midnight.

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a better year with much Peace and Happiness... wherever you are!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raw is a good description. So glad that you honored your anniversary by going out to eat. Sounds like a rugged work schedule...praying for that concern, too. Hey that ball dropping, apple dropping, whatever, has been so far off my radar screen for many long years. No one needs to wait for that before heading off to a restful good night. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Linda. I had to chuckle over your Jumanji and I am sure there are many who wouldn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need for a Thank You card for us, please. Your friendship is enough. I just pray y'all get through this in one piece. *grin* And that might hold true for all of us. I am so sick of all the silly buggers of a dadgum head cold. Like I said on FB this morning, I feel like I'm living in a world of hypochondriacs and tyrants. Sometimes I want OFF this planet! Jumanji!! *lol*
    Gee, that was cheery. Sorry. I am joyful. And I hope your day was also, in spite of [fill in the blanks].
    Sending love & prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course it is still raw. It's 10 months for me since Joe died and it still bleeds a bit now and then. Love does that!! One day at a time, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda. Happy Anniversary to you and David. I hope 2022 brings peace, comfort and many blessings to you both. God bless you in 2022. Virtual hugs from Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing to pray for strength and comfort for you all. God Bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you and your husband, Linda. I hope this year brings you love, happiness and peace. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the lyricist said, "Don't stop thinking 'bout tomorrow; don't stop, it'll soon be here!" Love you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda, have a blessed New Year. I know you are excited for your move. You will take Your Liam in your heart wherever you go. I know it has to be so very hard for you and your husband and you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I told you before, no one expects "thank you cards" for sympathy cards, etc. At least I hope they don't. If they do, then I'm in big trouble. I still have a basket full of cards from when our son passed away in 2014. I tried to go back through them and think about writing notes, and I just couldn't. It was too raw and too difficult. I'm not sure why I have saved those cards all these years. They certainly meant the world to me at the time, and I appreciated every single one, but to look at them again only brings back the pain. I truly believe people know you appreciate the cards, etc., and I truly also believe they are not expecting you to respond. If they are, most likely they've never been through this kind of sorrow before, and I hope they never do go through it. Meanwhile, still praying for you both and trusting God to continue to carry you one step and one day at a time to that beautiful new place He is preparing for you when the time is right to move on. Just keep looking ahead. There is a beautiful light at the end of this tunnel. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated anniversary wishes Linda. I'm sure the loss of Liam is still raw. Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy though. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course it is, my friend. Take care of you. Hugs and love from PA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for a blessed New Year for you two, with a fresh start - just what Liam would want. As for you - I don't think you need to worry about notes and thank yous. I'm impressed by what you are doing with work and just carrying on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)