Joining in with the Hodgepodge.
1. January 25th is National Opposites Day. They say opposites attract...do you agree, and if so is that a good thing?
Of course, I think it's a good thing. My husband is the outgoing one, I prefer to be the wallflower.
Or do you subscribe more to a 'birds of a feather' philosophy?
Nope. Can you imagine how boring Life would be if we all agreed? BORINGGGGGGGGGGG
2. Something you're glad to have behind you? Something you're glad is ahead of you?
I'm not quite sure how to answer this one. We are still mourning...however, we are moving along pretty well considering. All on God's timing, EVERYTHING and I do mean that sincerely.
3. Your favorite hot food?
I like comfort food such as meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy with corn. I also like Cream of Wheat and or Oatmeal.
Cold food?
I like a good sandwich or a nice bowl of cereal.
Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner?
Yep...sure are
4. Are you someone who always arrives to appointments/events early or do you tend to run late? Last thing you were late for?
Early, always. I'm never late.
5. "What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?" John Steinbeck....Your thoughts?
6. Insert your own random thought here.
So, been busy filling out resumes and applications. One of those is for the city to which I grew up in... haven't been back home in like truly 30 years and yet, here I am, they/the city government job want to go forward with my application, and I have to take a series of online tests. Something told me to be brutely honest when applying...and I was...and hubby told me not sell myself short. So, I didn't. So, we shall see if anything comes of this. Facing the past is the only way to move forward, right? So, I think the good Lord smacked me along the way " BUCK UP GIRLY!" Yeah...maybe not those exact words...but you get my meaning. When we left all those years ago, I just never thought we would return...kind of feels like our tails are tucked in.
Good luck in your job quest! Days are getting longer... all good. :)
ReplyDeleteI love good comfort food. Best wishes as you take the online tests, Linda. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteI've not had a nice hot bowl of Oatmeal in years, but that sounds really good right about now. How about loaded grits?
ReplyDeleteI, too, can't recall ever being late ... always early, but I'll usually bide my time in the car (ie, lurking) playing games on my phone.
Good luck on that City job!
Wishing your well in your job search and that if this is the one, you'll know it. Also know, if it is the one, God will be there to help you with the returning to your home town. But I know you know that already. Take care my friend and I'll say a prayer for clarity on your upcoming decisions.
ReplyDeleteI do think opposites attract even with friends. I have a close friend that...she loves getting up early. ME? Not a morning person. She love cats and dogs and has several. ME? I like animals but have none nor do I want any. She likes to be on the go all the time. ME? NOPE...I like balance. A little go and little home. But, our friendship is the sweetest. Praying for you dear Linda and asking God to lead, guide and direct every step of the way. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDelete"God moves in a mysterious way
ReplyDeleteHis wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm." (William Cowper, 1774)
Just thought I'd be all philosophical there... But it is true that God does work in mysterious ways, and we don't always comprehend what He is doing, but He has good reasons for everything. Our job is just to follow..."Trust and Obey". One step at a time.
I enjoyed your answers. Praying for a good job and nice place for y'all to live. Hope you're heading South soon!
ReplyDeleteLove & Prayers xx
I'm having trouble imagining you as a wallflower, but your comment about it being boring if we all agreed reminded me of the way a friend signed my yearbook in jr high..."If we were all like you, we'd all be the same." My 13 year old mind thought it was pretty weird, but I've never forgotten it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the job hunt! May this one go better than it did in NY.
Hi Linda, I will keep you in prayer about your job. I got a degree in Social Ecology, a combo of social and bio science. I retired from the postal service. I thought I would be a counselor or something and have a secretary or something. I end up being like a secretary and I was content. I told my boss that God had a sense of humor and things worked out according to His plans and not mine. Maybe God wants you back near your family to serve His purpose. I know God has had to humble me a few times and though not easy, it was for His purpose. We just have to trust His plan in His timing.♥
ReplyDeleteThis is a good change, and nope to the tails tucked in!
ReplyDeleteJerry and I are both annoyingly outgoing, but we know when to shut our yaps and just watch from the sideline, lol. I didn't used to be that way . . . and then I had two sons. Ha! // I'm also annoyingly early . . . like 30 minutes or more. And I've never in my life been late. My daddy taught me good. // I think you sound like the perfect employee for a city-type job . . . detail-oriented, get the job done on time, etc. Good luck, will be praying about it! Hugs, my friend!
ReplyDeleteJust stopping by.
ReplyDeleteYou certainly have a substantial list of favorite blogs. Thanks for sharing them.
I hope you find a great home and a great job. I will miss you in NY since it felt like you were next door in a way lol. I kind of wish I could move back to Utah or even Arizona for the dry weather and my spine.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answer. Praying you find the perfect job for you and a new home. I'm the social one and my hubby is more non-social...He likes it when I go to work events with him because I can carry conversation. He doesn't like small talk.
ReplyDelete