Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Tuesday Meme

 Thank you all for the kind comments, emails etc. I know I keep saying this, but truly, you have kept us going. My apologies for not keeping up with each of you, I was on a 6-day work week. I am so glad things are quieting down at the job and finally we can get things done there---no matter--there is still a shortage of items etc. ANYWAYS...onwards.


Each week we offer 4 questions for you to ponder, think over, blog about or ignore if you like!  We keep up the tradition begun by Toni Taddeo!

Here are this week's.... all about January Linens.

1. White month is in January when towels, sheets and household goods go on sale.  Do you replace old sheets and towels each year? If not when?

We replace them throughout the year when they get "ratty" or holey. My husband will not stand for either or. grin

2. How many sets of sheets and towels do you feel a household need and how often should they be changed on the bed and on the bathroom towel rack?

Well...we have 2 towels for each man in this household and that won't change. I believe in washing your towels/washcloths after each use, hence why they get "ratty" rather quickly. We still find ourselves doing laundry once a day regardless of if there is a full load or not. 

...sheets do you feel a household need and how often should they be changed on the bed 

We change sheets two times a month.

3. Do you think the January sales are a bit too close to Christmas when people have spent their money? If you do, what month would be an ideal time to replace linens and things in the home?

We buy sheets and towels throughout the year. I think any month is good for towels and sheets. I love looking at sheets, they have some really pretty ones. We also buy high counts sheets; the 800 count Egyptian sheets. Thanks to my husband --I am spoiled.

4. There is something so lovely about a linen closet with beautifully folded sheets, towels and blankets. Some place lavender in the closets for a relaxing beautiful scent. What do you do to make your linens nice? Fabric softener? Lavender? Special folds? Of is your linen closet in serious need of some tender loving care right now?

I have lavender sachets...however, we are in the middle of packing the house up, purging/garbage, giving away, selling etc...My husband, "So, Linda, are we going to be living out of boxes soon?" grin--me: You told me to get ready, you told me we might be packing the SUV and just going if the NY governor keeps mandating things etc. "True Dat" he said. ANYWAYS...I have sensitive skin and use Downy softener for Sensitive skin, and we use the 2-fold method and yes, the linen closet needs some loving tender care right now...but it will have to wait until we move.


One day at a time has become our motto. However, that has not stopped us from getting ready to move in 3 months. My husband, "Linda, do not tempt me to just get rid of everything/call Goodwill and head down in a carload and start anew!" Oh, I need no tempting, let's go. But we have to be practical and since I am trying to be practical, grin. We are pleasantly surprised on how many people want our old stuff, seriously. I am so ready to do this


grin. I am also so ready to give the rheumatoid arthritis a rest. I know, I know...I will eventually have to get a job, grin.


P.S. I SEE BLOGGER IS HAVING ISSUES WITH RESPONDING TO YOUR COMMENTS...Hang on folks. Rest assured I am reading and responding. I might just have to resort to email.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. I hope the packing and moving go well. Virtual hugs and continued prayers from Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We (meaning me) purchase new towels and sheets when they get ratty, holey and/or thread bare. We tend to donate the ratty towels (and sometimes sheets) to the animal shelter. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is better than high count Egyptian cotton sheets.
    I think about and offer prayers for you regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that pictured linen closet is swoon worthy. Trust me, mine looks nothing like that. Having watched minimalist vlogs all year, I have come to believe that I have too many sheet sets and too many towels. Since I need the room, I should clean them out. Maybe I can pretend I'm moving to Florida. You guys are really moving forward. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for your move and that all will go well Linda. I too love Egyptian sheets. My linen closet is in desperate need to some TLC right now!!! That is on my list of to-do's. Maybe after retirement! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a graphic that said start fresh and I thought of you. When we moved 6 years ago we sold off a lot of things and bought new things. We also went to a smaller kitchen and didn't need as much. Enjoy your day Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wise to keep packing. It's never really too early. I did that after we put our house up for sale in Jax 'cause I said "God's gonna move us soon". Steve laughed at me but then it sold within a month and I was all, "I told you so ..." *lol* I wish we could put your furniture in our pickup trucks and move y'all. That's a Southern-thing: helping friends move. We used to do that often in Jacksonville. I can't lift anymore but I do have wheels.
    I feel like a little piggy 'cause I only do the laundry twice a week. Oh, and we are also spoiled by high count Egyptian sheets. I can't sleep on anything else. It feels like sandpaper on this sensitive old skin.
    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE Y'ALL AGAIN (yes, I'm excited). *giggle*
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nearly 4 years into our move, I can't tell you how often I wished we'd just discarded/donated the majority of our furniture, etc. Thankfully, Tom's quit reminding me how much $$$ we spent on the Big Mover every time I take a another car load to Goodwill. Aside from family pieces, there's something refreshing about new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I wish I had the never to just pack up a car and move...but that could never happen with me...I have way too much "baggage" LOL. But I know you guys really need and want a fresh start. I know where you can get some really pretty coastal style furniture, just saying...LOL. Anyway, I just pray that everything will come together exactly right on time for you...the perfect home, job, etc., etc. May the Lord lead the way and shower you with His love and manifold blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cousin came to visit me and I let her sleep in my bed. She called me a sheet snob. I also have high thread count sheets. They are glorious. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love nice sheets, they feel so good. I can't always afford the expensive ones, but we make do. When my kids were still living at home I hated that the white sale was in January. After Christmas for 4 kids, funds were really low in then. Needless to say I very seldom have shopped the white sales in January.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of work to pack up a household. Glad you made it through that 6 day stretch. A day at a time is good advice.
    Prayers continue for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still praying for you daily and looking forward to finally meeting you in person this spring!! Yay! Take care! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, linens and things! We probably have way too many. But towels seem to wear out more quickly. ALways praying for you and David. Hoping the move will be smooth. My niece Jamie has the sweetest beau. He was living in FLorida and when they got back together he moved back home to Colorado. He has a big ole Ram truck and Jason and Jamie's oldest son Manny drove that and a U Haul across the country. Jason said he was grateful to have help. My nephew Brian's ex lives in Mary Esther, Florida. I guess they had some snowfall. Brenda was so mad. SHe said I thought I moved away from all of that! It was comical. Weird weather, I am use to it where we live. But this cold is awful. It was 3 this morning. I am happy things are moving forward for you. Please take care and don't overdo. My husband tells me that so I pass it on to you. LOVE & HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)