I am off today and tomorrow. Hubby has gone to get propane and to the bank. Propane is for the enclosed/covered back porch; it is currently 16* and real feel is 7. We have a fridge out there, I told him to unplug its cold enough to keep the items cold. But...nope...anyways...he is deeply troubled by some things that are going on with his mother...see below.
On a Monday. I forgot about the Sunday Stealing Meme yesterday.
1. What was the warmest welcome you’ve ever received?
Hmm...can't think of just one thing...but my husband's best buddy from childhood whom we haven't seen in 10 yrs. from Florida told us to get our things (he didn't say things, grin) and get down there and we can live in the RV until things/the housing situation get sorted out. That my friends, is unconditional friendship/love.
2. What was the best thing about your youth?
2. What was the best thing about your youth?
Prob. the very fact we stayed out into the streetlights came on. You know what I am talking about, grin.
3. Who is the most interesting person you’ve ever met.
3. Who is the most interesting person you’ve ever met.
I met the late great soccer player Pele. My late grandfather knew him and since my grandfather was a Teamster, I also met some very powerful men who were in the criminal field element. (grin)
4. What is the least you’ve ever worn in public?
4. What is the least you’ve ever worn in public?
Shorts, tank and flip flops. You will never see me in public 1/2 naked like some girls/women are with their stuff all hanging out (gosh, are you laughing now? grin).
5. What was the worst vacation you ever took?
5. What was the worst vacation you ever took?
I/we have never taken a bad vacation.
6. What room in your home do you spend the most time?
6. What room in your home do you spend the most time?
Here in the 3rd bedroom where my laptop and desk are. It's the 2nd warmest room in the house. Our late son's room is the warmest, but since we all know I cannot go in there yet...I shall remain in here.
7. Who made the strongest first impression on you?
7. Who made the strongest first impression on you?
Wow...I rightly don't know the answer to this one. Since we have been discussing the WORD (AKA Bible)--I have to probably say the teachings of our Lord and Savior. Very powerful.
8. What was the most surprising action you’ve ever taken.
8. What was the most surprising action you’ve ever taken.
Sigh...prb. more than I count. AND the majority of those actions were not in God's word. Just saying.
9. When was your life most out of control?
9. When was your life most out of control?
Prior to accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior
10. What would you be best at, were you to change careers?
10. What would you be best at, were you to change careers?
Working in a museum doing research or even in an Antique store.
11. What is the cruelest thing a person has ever said to you?
11. What is the cruelest thing a person has ever said to you?
My mil recently...she said to get over Liam's death as it's been 4 weeks. We are having a hard time with her. Most of you know we have court conservatorship. Her mental illness and dementia are just really getting the best of us right now. She knows we are moving, and she is just being so difficult and mean--truthfully, she always has. How can we honor and obey when folks are so evil? Just struggling/keeping it real.
12. What is the best thing you ever won as a prize?
12. What is the best thing you ever won as a prize?
Hmm...can't think of anything.
13. What is your strongest argument against capital punishment?
13. What is your strongest argument against capital punishment?
I will skip over this.
14. What have you been most ignorant about in life?
14. What have you been most ignorant about in life?
Christ's teachings
15.Where would you most hate to be pierced?
15.Where would you most hate to be pierced?
Yeahhhhhhhhh...private parts. LOL
#15 ~ Yeah, I agree. I would add to that: the hands. When I was having a great deal of problems with hand pain, the hand doctor I went to prescribed a painkiller shot in each hand. OH MY GOODNESS DID THAT HURT!!! I cried, honestly. Afterwards, when I caught my breath, it occurred to me how brutal it was that nails actually pierced our Lord's hands. Gosh, that hurt and it was supposed to help not kill. I made certain to thank Him profusely, again, for what He endured for my salvation.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers except that the MIL is being herself again. *sigh* So sorry she's like that. But, what do we expect from one who dwells in darkness, right?! Soon, this will be behind y'all and you'll be livin' the Good Life in sunny Florida. Keep smilin'. This part is almost over.
Sending Love & Prayers xx
Linda, I hope you have a couple relaxing days off from work. We have sunshine here today and our power was restored yesterday afternoon -- both I am grateful for. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. Prayer is always the best thing we can do. So often, we try to do everything else and then pray as a last resort. I'm trying to be better at praying first.
ReplyDeleteBrrr! It sure is COLD where you live!! Yikes!! Good thing you have the day off so you can stay in and stay warm. I had to Google Pele! What an interesting man! Still thinking of you, friend. Sending hugs and wishes for a good week.
ReplyDeleteOh Linda. I am sorry your mother-in-law is saying such hurtful things! My friend's mom has dementia and the things that she says to her are horrible! I'm sorry you have to deal that at this time! Hugs to you my friend!
ReplyDeleteOkay, my jaw involuntarily dropped when he read what your MIL said. Dementia not withstanding, that's just Cruel.
ReplyDeleteWish I could say I've never had a bad vacation, but there've been several. The latest would be Tom's son and DIL's destination wedding in Belize. (Can you say, 3rd-world country?) Anyway, they gave everyone these embroidered beach towels -- which now I put down for the dogs to make #2 onto when (in storms) they refuse to go outside.
It's so cold here too, supposed to be 3 degrees tonight.
ReplyDeleteVery cool that you met Pele! Not so the gangsters though. :)
I'm sorry about the MIL. You have enough going on and then have to deal with her too...
So sorry you have to deal with your MIL and she is so messed up. I went through similar evil with my grandma so I feel your pain. One day at a time and soon you will live in Florida!! xo
ReplyDeletePraying with you. I know you have a full plate right now, and your MIL is a major concern for you I am sure. Praying God will work out all these details so you will be free to move w/o issues that will try to bind you. God has this in His control, and you just need to stay focused on His leading...as you seek His face through HIs Word, He will show you exactly what you need to do w/o fear. Just keep moving forward one step at a time. He's already there...
ReplyDeleteYep, number #11 ... we've had people say that to us after my oldest son died. People even said it to his wife (my DIL) and the kids (who were 12, 9, and 6 at the time). Mean, mean, mean. // And #5 ... what's a vacation? Never been on a vacation. Well, except in my mind... 😂 // Hugs and blessings to you, dear Linda! 🙏 ❤️
ReplyDeleteWhoa - My mom said the same thing to me after my son died. She told me, "Do I have to go through this with you every time we talk?" This was after 2 weeks. I learned to then just suck it up, when I was around her.
ReplyDeleteMy mom was a narcissist and if she wasn't getting attention she would protest. Funny thing at my son's memorial, she was there, acting all sad and grief stricken, more than me, just to get people to notice her.
Sometimes family say the most cruel things - at least your MIL has a dementia issue whereas my mom was just being herself.
Prayers for your MIL, how sad to lash out at you. But at least we know the dementia is causing her to be mean. Always prayers for you and Dave. These blog friends remind me of my friend Chris. We all worked at the hospital Admissions dept. together in the 1980's.She was the first to venture out of there. She said in leaving, I never spent one cent on therapy. You girls were my lifeline. We all still are, except Sharon because we lost her in May 2021. We held each other up and Chris was married to Tim back then. He and my sweet Avery were both taking steroids for their asthma.. Sometime they could be real buggers. We'd carpool to work together and laugh and cry and plot are revenge on them like hiding the remote, or their beer. Thankfully my husband gave up the drink, he was beer drinking and her's moved on to psych meds and hard liquor. Such a sadness. But she recently married an old high school beau. We were good at dishing therapy too. It is a good thing none of us got mad and we were arrested for practicing without a license. Cause it is a felony you know hahaha....Take care of yourself and remember how loved you are by all of us.
ReplyDelete