Apologies, work has been keeping me busy. Probably for not much longer, I refuse to 1. Acknowledge my vaxx status and 2. I refuse to be tested. All this gets mandated next week.
Time: 6:55 am
Scene: -3 partly cloudy, real feel is -15. AND No, we didn't get the winter storm that hit the East Coast.
Drinking: My second cup of New England Breakfast Coffee with Italian Creamer. The dog got us up at 5:30 am.
What's on Tap for the Day? I have to work 11:30-8pm. NOT looking forward to it. I really dislike those hours. But I do have Monday and Tuesday off.
Pondering:
--Am I willing to proverbially die on that hill--in regard to saying NO to the vaxx and testing. I had to really dig deep, and the answer is yes. Whether legally it is right or wrong is the real question and a lot of websites say no it's not wrong/they can ask/demand, morally it is wrong. AND that my friends is my issue to bare.
-- ON that note. We are going back to U-Haul tomorrow. See, there are no trucks, and no moving company trucks until late February or early March. Folks are getting out of dodge. ANYWAYS, Since the house is nearly empty and boxed up, we need to further address the plans--we have managed to fit everything in our late son's room. I can only imagine him stating, "Look guys, either your sit or spin. Make up your minds. But enough is enough. Get going."
--Seriously thinking of taking up an offer from friends to live in their RV and put our things in storage until we can get settled.
--I have taken a series of exams for a city job in a certain city in Florida, I should find out this week how that went. The move--if the testing is favorable-might be really sooner than later. All on God's timing. NOT that I am putting all my eggs in one basket, so to speak.
--On that note, the mortgage paperwork going is slow, more paperwork needed, but nonetheless, it is moving along.
--My husband keeps saying, "Linda, you need to be ready to act sooner than later. And I mean SOON."---Yep, scared is the word. Starting over at our age is a bit intimidating.
I am looking forward to the day when I can simply post a photo of either the moving truck or the moving company, truly I am. That would mean progress. grin
Gosh, I wish we could help! I can't lift but we have two pickup trucks and if someone could put your furniture in the back (and remove it) we'd be good to go. Personally, I think y'all will be moving sooner. That New York Governor ... she's evil. And with all the illegals invading our Country, the devil is building his army. Things are comin' to a head: whether it's the Rapture or something else, I don't know but it's not good. And being in any of those Communist States is not an option for anyone who believes in freedom and liberty.
ReplyDeletePraying daily for y'all. God bless you.
Love & Blessings. xx
Yeah, I agree...something is coming and it ain't good. Putting on that daily armor is a must now. Thanks for the kind words...it's going to take more than a pickup truck to move us, LOLOL.
DeleteGlad you didn't get socked with the storm that hit the New England area, Linda. I hope your work day goes smoothly. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Robin. Hope you have a beautiful day.
DeleteJust in from doing my bit to help the plowman. It is sooo cold...that's the worst. I ripped my wreath from the door, it has never looked more Christmasy...and flung it into a snowbank. I'm tired of fighting my way past that. Glad you missed it. You don't need any more headaches than you already have.
ReplyDeleteYou have been so forward moving...I think you're amazing. New York is lost. So sad. I could weep for New Yorkers, but I could also weep for Mainers. Maranatha, Lord.
Hang tough. You're on the move!
I'm so excited for y'all! Scary, yes ... but just keep telling yourselves, 'The Best is Yet to Come'!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you live there. It would drive me nuts. I hope you can find something else soon. God is in control and when it is time it will be fast. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
There are tons of Uhauls right down the street from us. Hubby and I have said we wished we could drive one up to you and let you bring it back down. Wouldn't that be fun? But then we'd have to figure out how to get home, although I guess the guys could take turns driving the truck, and you and I could drive your car. But still...it would cost a bunch to take the truck up there empty. Anyway, It's all gonna work out. God has a plan. Just be ready when He says "time to go!" I am praying for the job to open up for you, and I think the RV idea is a good idea. It will give you time to look for the right house and also keep you from having to move twice (from a rental to a purchase). It could be like "glamping". (Glamour Camping). We'll keep praying. You just be ready.
ReplyDeleteYou might want to look into this. https://www.pods.com/
ReplyDeleteWe used pods.com when we moved up to Utah. It was VERY economical and easy. We didn't have to worry about driving a truck or hiring movers, and you can store your stuff right in the pod as long as you need to. Anyway, I hope things work out the way you want them to. Virtual hugs.
Sooner sounds good, Linda. Just gotta do it. Get here, then you can get settled once you are here. Still praying! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, looks like you will be in the sunny Florida sooner than expected. That is good that you are thinking of using your friends RV. Praying it all works out for you and that the right job comes up too!
ReplyDeleteOh Linda.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I agree with you that vaccinations such as flu, covid, those kinds of things should be a choice and NOT required for employment. However, I also believe that being tested is a GOOD thing. Your son died. It's tragic. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I don't blame you for leaving and it sounds like you have the kind of job that makes leaving even easier. Our gov is NOT a good girl. I hope to God EVERY VOTER gets out at the next NYS Gov election and votes her out. However, the Bible also states to submit under authorities and getting the vaccine (or not) is not something that is inherent upon our salvation. if you know what I mean. You have to do what you think best. Personally, Im thankful I did get it because Im teaching very medically fragile children cannot get it and I would HATE to be the one to carry that nasty virus to them. Also, my daughter had covid 2 weeks ago and it was bad enough WITH the vaccine..i can't imagine what it would have been like with out it. That said....the choice is up to you. My good friend who worked in a nursing home chose early retirement because as a Chrisian she felt God leading her away from getting the vaccine. It is required for medical personnel as it should be. But for places like working in walmart??? really??? should be up to the individual. Our preschool agency out here in Albany is not mandating it because our director believes it is a personal choice, praise God for that! At any rate, you are headed to a much more conservative state and therefore they won't have these kinds of regulations. Sounds like God knew what you needed for your self!! Embrace the change and lean on HIS WILL. sending thoughts and prayers your way. Good luck with getting a truck!!
I can see that move coming for you and it's going to be a happy thing when it happens!
ReplyDeleteSparky and I think the same... and I'm willing to bet Jesus is gonna shout "COME UP HERE!" soon. At least I'm reeeeeeally hoping so! I'm so ready for that! In the meantime, I'm sending up a load of prayers for you guys that things get figured out soon and that your test shows those folks you are the one for that job!. I'm with you on that same hill, girl. Hugs and blessings, my friend!
ReplyDeleteNot really my business but make them fire you so you can get unemployment you were a loyal hard working employee. Praying for you and your husband as you make this move. Our governor believes in keeping Florida free and lives our state. You will enjoy it here.
ReplyDeleteNot really my business but make them fire you so you can get unemployment you were a loyal hard working employee. Praying for you and your husband as you make this move. Our governor believes in keeping Florida free and lives our state. You will enjoy it here.
ReplyDeleteHope your move happens soon.
ReplyDelete