Thank you all for the kind comments---the previous post is 'just a keeping it real'. I have fallen behind yet again in answering comments and emails...yesterday was a long day at work, today is only a 4-hr. day, thankfully.
Time: 6 am
Scene: 23 real feel is 14. With more snow on its way.
Drinking: My second cup of New England Breakfast coffee with Italian Sweet Cream.
What's for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner?
---breakfast just a Everything bagel with cream cheese.
---since I will be home from work at lunch--prob. just a sandwich or leftover Nachos.
---Dinner? I haven't a clue.
What's on tap for the day?
Working this morning
Hubby has been very busy packing up the house, purging etc. I am pleasantly surprised. I'm like, "You going somewhere?" He said, "Yep, I want out of this cold and snow. My bones can't take it anymore. I am so ready to embrace warm even hot humid sticky weather and walk around in Speedos all day." Ok then...grin---yeah get that latter part out of your heads, lol.
Pondering...something my one bil (one of my husbands brothers) said last night in reference to my husband calling him and asking why he hasn't called lately etc...they use to talk every Saturday. My bil, "Because I don't know what to say. My heart hurts for you. We loved Liam so much and we don't want to cause you anymore pain." Avoiding us won't work. Just saying. PFF--boy did my husband give him a strong lecture. They were babysitting their 6 yr old granddaughter and she got on the phone ---such a blessing...she said in that little girl voice, "I'm sorry Uncle David, I miss that boy with the dark hair. But I know he is in Heaven, wherever that is." awwww---she called our son that boy, lol. He would get a kick out of that, no matter how many times he would correct her. LOL---such sweet memories.
P.S. AND IT'S OK. That bought so much happiness to our hearts.
#2. A customer (one of our regulars) walked by yesterday and goes, "Happy Easter Ms. Linda." I burst out laughing. She winked. Huhhuh...I got y'all's number. smiles---
I hope you have a beautiful day, friends.
How sweet...that little 6 year old...out of the mouth of babes. They know what to say. The big people need to take lessons from the little ones. And the lady customer...she sounds specially sweet too. Now, Dave in his "speedos"...wellllll...thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to wear my sunglasses when we come to visit you. LOL. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and moving straight ahead. God's got this...
ReplyDeleteGlad your husband had a good chat with his brother and of course, the 6 year. What a blessing she is and most adults could learn a thing or two from them! But what your BIL said is true, people don't know what to say or how to respond because they don't want to hurt you or cause you pain. Hope your day at work goes smoothly!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. I am glad you are finding some reasons to laugh. That is so therapeutic. I think it is also good that you are working on making a new start in Florida. Prayers still coming from Utah.
ReplyDeleteOut of the mouths of babes! So sweet! ... but at the same time a lesson for those (like me) who are afraid to say something for fear of upsetting someone. I can't think of a specific example, but I hope you know what I mean.
ReplyDeletePS - Now I'm wondering what kind of coffee you're going to drink once you live in the Sunshine state?!
I find so much comfort in the words of the kids I work with. They are truly a blessing. I love when people talk about my dad or share a memory of something that is new to me about him. It is amazing how much one person has an effect in the lives of others. I am certain Liam blessed many. Have a nice day. ♥
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Your brother-in-law said it very well once he said it. It is true that people do not know what to say. There are many times when I have not known or worse said something I should not have. Your little great-niece sounds adorable. Hope your work day went well.
ReplyDeletePeople really don't know what to say. It's hard. What a sweet little niece! Linda, I am so excited to get you two down here in Florida! xo
ReplyDeleteGlad Dave is working on getting to the warm weather. Bob just said to me - "why did our ancestors choose all this cold to live in? They were Dutch and it was probably cheap!"
ReplyDeleteDave can wear speedos if he likes! :)
Your little great niece sounds like a sweetie and I love that her comment brought you joy.
And there's another thng to note for my post... the "I don't know what to say" people. Amanda and I heard that soooooo much. Just talk to us, folks. Take lessons from the wee ones, their hearts are always open and they speak what's on their hearts. Nothin' like joy from the mouths of the little people. // I'm anxious to see what you find in Florida to live in and where! I would like always warm weather too! I live for Spring and Summer! // Speed-o bahahahaha! ☀️
ReplyDelete