Oops...sorry about that...been working these past 5 days and forgot to post.
Time: 4 p.m.
Scene: 26*, real feel is 13. Expecting a major snowstorm to hit with upwards of 50-mile winds and 12-16 inches of snow. Hey folks, its Western NY, OF COURSE WE GET THAT MUCH SNOW (folks have lost their collective minds).
Drinking: Nothing, I am thinking of putting on a fresh pot of coffee.
Pondering: Oh, several things
---Work has decided to go against the Supreme Court ruling. Looks like I won't have a job come mid Feb. They have decided to follow the NYC guidelines (umm, we are 6 hours west of the City)-NYC demands vax passports to enter a store, rest. etc.
---One can collect unemployment though. So that is good.
---So, moving will probably be sooner than later.
---sold my mil's car (well, my/our son had it). No use for it now. Mil and her husband don't have licenses. The nursing company that comes in their home provides transportation to her/their doctors. We already have their groceries delivered.
---about a lovely gift I received from Cindy. I will show that tomorrow.
What's for dinner? My husband will make Macaroni, Tomatoes and Hamburger. Don't ask, it's the poor man's chili without the beans, LOL. Every once in a while, he wants simple food. Yesterday when I got home from work, he had made baked chicken in gravy, mashed potatoes and cornbread. It was really good.
What's on Tap? Nothing. I'm getting caught up on the blog/s, and he is watching tv. I have tomorrow and Tuesday off. Thankfully, as the snow will close a lot of businesses. Our town already sent a message out that the roads are closed after 9pm tonight to noon tomorrow and no parking on the streets.
Hi Linda. Wow, sounds you will be getting a ton of snow there tonight and tomorrow. I am glad you have a couple of days off. Also glad you can get unemployment to tide you over until you get to Florida and get a job there. Lots of places are hiring, so you shouldn't have much of a problem finding work there. Stay warm and enjoy your time off. See you again soon.
ReplyDeleteI am not too worried about finding a job down there, my dad said they are everywhere--if you want to work then it's there, grin. It's snowing now, pretty good heavy snowfall.
DeleteIt is good that you are eating good food and not Twinkies and Devil Dogs. No kidding! Some people do that when they are under the stress you folks have been under. We're expecting that kind of weather overnight and all day tomorrow. It's January. It won't matter what your stupid company is doing when you're happily out of New York. I can't wait for this nightmare to be over for you.
ReplyDeleteNow, I want a Twinkie or a Devil Dog, grin. We are finally getting back to eating properly...we both have lost over 30 lbs thanks to the grieving we have been doing, just keeping it real.
DeleteDon't even get me going on my employer...but onwards to better things, right? Sign signs, signs...they are everywhere. grin
OMW, reading about your Winter storm I'm shivering in my 73* home. Such a whuss! Comfort food's what it's all about right now; gotta love a man who cooks. Stay safe, okay?
ReplyDeleteLOLOL...You're not a wuss, I betcha' I will be complaining about the FL heat soon. LOLOL
DeleteStay safe & warm up there!! Get down here soon! xo
ReplyDeleteYikes! That sounds extremely cold! My husband is in Virginia tonight and he said the wind was howling! Lots of snow there. You guys stay warm!
ReplyDeleteGlad you have tomorrow and Tuesday off, Linda. We had snow here and after dinner, it turned to sleet and freezing rain. I felt badly for the dog when he went out at 10 tonight. The snow has a not so nice layer of ice on top. Enjoy your comfort food!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you will get unemployment. Hopefully it won't take too long to get once you stop working. Glad you sold the car. I am sure the money will come in handy for the move. I have never been in weather below 30 degrees. We will be in the mid 70's this week after Monday. I lost weight when my dad died too. Stay safe and warm and have a good week.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so glad you don't have to go out today and tomorrow and you can stay inside and enjoy that good food your hubby is cooking for you! Sounds really good! Hey, it's 40 here right now, and tonight will go down to low 30's...but guess what? NO SNOW HERE!! NO ICE either! LOL. And this won't last long. By the time you get here it will be beautiful weather again. Hey, that's great that you can get unemployment over this issue! At least there is some kind of silver lining. I hope you will be financially comfortable enough to take your time when you get here in looking for the RIGHT job! Praying it will be available for you at the right time. Take care my friend, and just know that God has all of this taken care of already. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteSomeone said Twinkies and Devil Dogs and I forgot what I was going to say ... *drooling* *giggle*
ReplyDeleteSending Love & Prayers ALWAYS! xx
My ex-mother-in-law made that dish of mac/beef/tomatoes and my ex's family called it goulash. I ate it when we were over but did not like it myself lol. // Wait... *reads Sparky's comment* ... *jumps up to Vee's comment* ... aw, shoot, TWINKIES!!! Now what was I going to write....... LOL! Keeping your job future in prayer and keeping all the other stuff in prayer.... and well, prayer. I have a feeling everything will be okay for you, dear Linda! Hugs and blessings!
ReplyDeleteBeefaroni! Ah....my grandson's MIL Lisa gave me her recipe she cooked up for a birthday party for the kids one year. She said she learned from her dad, simple recipe but she loved cooking with him . It is the best. Aw...your sweet hubby caring for your nourishment needs. I LOVE it! You have been selling everything. I Understand the lighter the load the better for moving a distance. Take care, stay safe and warm! HUGS xo
ReplyDelete