An early start here.
Time: 6 am
Scene: 34* but real feel is 25* and pouring rain. Yep, so that means the drive to work will be nasty. We're under a winter weather advisory.
Drinking: My first cup of Breakfast coffee with Italian Cream. I ran out of Finger Lakes and Godiva, I am just done with everything NY--ANYWAYS, Bought New England Breakfast. I am saving the Cinnamon for Florida (wink to Sparky).
What's on Tap for the Day? Working 9-1. Then we will head over to the Italian Villa for dinner (we have a gift card to use)
Pondering...not much. We both slept really good last night.
--we are discussing the big move
--I am not there yet in just picking up and going and living in a friend's RV and dropping our stuff off (hubby said I will be on Feb. 9 when the vaccination mandates take affect here in NY). Our lease is up on March 1 for this apartment/house we currently live in.
--Said it before...I am just done with NY and all this craziness in regard to mandates.
--we took a much-needed break yesterday from purging and packing. We both were lazy couch potatoes....in my case, chair potato, grin. Oh no, wait...I did take all the metal signs down in the kitchen...now the kitchen is bare. I haven't taken a photo of the naked kitchen yet.
| older photo from fall |
Thank you all for the kindness you have shown...it warms our hearts.
Have a beautiful day!
Just a wee reminder that New York is not a part of New England. =) This way, you can still have positive thoughts for my corner while maintaining your dislike of NY. There must be a mass exodus from NY. They're just that stupid to be willing to lose their finest. Disgusting!
ReplyDeleteRaining here or sleeting...kind of pinging off the windows. Soon this weather will be a thing of the past for you. Woot!
Freezing rain and cold cold cold..... Florida sounds good to me! :) Have a good one Linda.
ReplyDeleteBe safe out there as you head to and from work, Linda. It is a bit warmer here (32) and rain is expected before lunch. Enjoy your meal out. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteLinda, I am so glad you guys are getting out of New York. It's not just the snow, it's the coldness of our gov. Florida, with it's freedoms and early treatment options, AND the warmth, is looking mighty alluring. I'll be down there at the end of the month, four days in Ft. Lauderdale with four daughters...
ReplyDeleteGlad you and David slept well. I'm with you about moving into the RV. I had a friend that did that and it ended up not working out well. It would be best if you can arrange to move into a house or apartment. Living in someone else's RV has problems written all over it. Just sayin'. Sounds like a nasty weekend weather wise. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteThe going may be slow but everything will work out in time. Sending love and blessings. BTW, I bet your kitchen does look naked without the signs!!
ReplyDeleteThat last quote is so true. When we see "unplanned events" unfolding, we can be sure that God is already there. Nothing is "unplanned" in His book...He already knew and was preparing us even before it happened. I know I have often wondered if God Knew, then why didn't He prevent it or stop it from happening? I still can't fully answer that question, but I have learned to TRUST God no matter what, because He sees the BIG picture that we CAN'T see. In the larger scheme of life, someday it will make sense to us, but for now we are just to walk by faith and not by sight, and Trust Him in every bend of the road. Not easy, but still...trust and obey is a hymn I learned early on in life, and it still holds true. Hope you are having a good rest of your day today and that the weather hasn't been too terrible. I hate to tell you that it is almost 80 degrees here this afternoon, but rain is coming tomorrow and then a cold front. We will still have some winter weather to get through before spring is truly here. Take care my friend. Your move will fall into place exactly at the right time. However, I'd be tempted to do the RV thing so you'd have a place to stay while searching for the right home. It's too big of a decision to make from a distance or to let someone else do for you. You have to love where you are going to live and it needs to be YOUR choice! Praying for you now.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, did somebody say cinnamon coffee?
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't count as 'wintry' but the weather outside is frightful and our weather radios have been going off all afternoon. Matter of fact, I just screamed at the one to shut the heck up. (*grin*) This, too, shall pass.
I think you both deserve a couch potato day!
ReplyDeleteI keep hoping common sense will start to reign in this mandate situation, but so far it isn't!
Glad you took some time off from the packing and purging, Linda. You guys are doing great. Florida... here you come!! xo
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late.
ReplyDeleteThe Italian supper looked SO GOOD. Yum.
Can't wait for y'all to be heading South, back to America! *lol*
Sending Love & Prayers xx
It is hard for me to use less words. I inherited this people loving thing from my mom. I am trying to make her proud as she sits in her heavenly home. Oooh your supper, yum! I made extra coffee today. I Needed a break from all my tea. You inspire me to downsize some things. It is so hard for me. My kids are trying to get out of Hitlerland, er...eh....I mean NY state. So sad cause it is a beautiful state. LOVE YOU xo
ReplyDelete