So...I simply can't answer the Wednesday Hodgepodge this week. I thought I could, but nope...so...let me tell you really quickly about my verse for 2022 and how it's going. Oh and thanks to Pamela as she is talking about her word, Delight.
Indeed...with GOD all things are Possible. Let's see...
--Took the majority of the Depression Glass to the Antique Mall. Put it on consignment, however, he said he would go through it and buy it outright. Give him a few days. I kept the Wedding Lace Pattern Green Depression Glass, made a 4-placement set.
-- Put some things on the Hornell Yard Sale
--Sold our Samsung side by side (french door with drawer) fridge last night. They will come this evening to pick it up.
--Been purging/tossing things out. Which brings me to the above. Folks, clean your fridge out! Its ok, trust me. Just toss it.
--Between the generosity of friends, family and selling items, we have almost reached our financial moving goal (do you know how much moving companies are? yikes).
God has been good through this difficult time. But you know what? ITS OK. I like to shout that out. ITS OK! LET IT GO. It's just stuff, my husband, "Linda, if we haven't used whatever in a year, toss it or get rid of it. Then ask yourself, do I really need this, am I going to use it?" You know what, it has been very therapeutic and quite fun. We have turned it into a game, grin.
Blogger is still having issues, friends...I still can't comment on your comments...so, I will say, THANK YOU for your comments. They always make me smile.
I am DELIGHTed that you noticed I am talking about my word DELIGHT. I find that everywhere I look there is something that God has given me to be delighted about...and that is such a blessing! As for your word/verse, you are already proving it to be true. Yes, WITH GOD, all things are possible! He is making it possible for you to get through this very difficult time by giving you hope and goals and direction for your life that is renewing you day by day. Are you planning to us a moving company, or a UHaul? I guess when you don't have a lot of people on each end to help load and unload, it's better to use a moving company. But even when we had lots of people to help us we paid them and fed them for our local move, and yes, it does cost a lot to move. If I ever told the real story of how many moves we've made in 52 years, well, let's just say we could have bought our own moving van years ago! LOL. Anyway, I am very proud of you for forging ahead and keeping a good spirit about this. God is very kind and gracious to you and He is helping you every step of the way. I just wish I lived a little closer to Palm Coast and could go find you a house! That would be such fun. Oh well, one thing at a time. Praying everything will fall into place at the perfect time. Love and prayers my friend. xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteBlogger has been acting weird for me for a long time. I still can't click the "follow" after making a comment so I can get follow-ups on comments and posts! It's silly. Hope it doesn't offend but I think these computer programmers are the dumbest people on earth. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteIt does feel good to purge. I think we all have too much junk in our lives. We started paring back about two years ago. I started in the attic and went from there. When I lost all that weight, I got rid of clothes that don't fit, then not replacing them. I've given away most of my crafting supplies and sewing material 'cause I don't make things anymore. And, so it goes.
You know with all that money you'll spend on the moving van it would make a great home down payment ... *wink* *giggle*
Sending Love & Prayers xx
Hi Linda. Thanks for your emailed response to me yesterday. You are so right. Purging and letting things go is good for the soul. I am glad you are able to get some things sold that you no longer need. Yes, I do know how much moving companies are. Very, very pricey! Could you do the UHaul option to save some $$$? Soo glad you are letting God point you in the direction of your next chapter. Have a good day. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou are making wonderful progress in your preparations to move. I am so impressed.
ReplyDeleteYes, with God all things are possible. I need to get busy and start purging here too.
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog look, Linda! And the graphics you use! I should take a page from your book and do that purging thing. Thinking of you from snowy Virginia!
ReplyDeleteI think it's a lot easier to toss things in anticipation of a move than just for the sake of decluttering. Good luck with it all Linda.
ReplyDeleteI discovered the last move I made from Florida to PA... just kept a carful of stuff. 4K to move just the basics and figured 4K can buy a lot of stuff. Went to a furniture store that handles high end previously owned Amish furniture for the most part, and got it for "a song." Wish I had kept more mementos and pictures.. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteFreedom! 😏
ReplyDeleteIncredible progress you are making.
Girl, this is my year to purge! I have got to declutter for sure and already started on it. Dave sounds like Marty. If you have not used it in a year then chances are you won't. With exception of holiday stuff of course. One of my goals after retirement is to clean out my little She-Shed and purge! Lord Help me! Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteLinda, wonderful words of wisdom from a wonderful woman. Hugs and love, my dear friend.
ReplyDeleteMy parents moved to different states after my sister and I left home and each time they sold all their furniture and appliances and bought new in their new state. They never had to hire movers.
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine last year moved from the Silicon Valley to Reno and the movers cost them $14,000 which was the lowest guote.
Good for you on letting go of stuff. I'm sort of getting to a point where I want to purge, too. The clutter is getting to me. Unfortunately, I still buy more stuff. I enjoy the treasure hunt too much! lol I'm glad you're close to your moving goal, but do you have a refrigerator to get you through the next 3 months or did I miss a moving up of the time frame?
ReplyDeleteMoving is such a daunting project... and it is a project. You are tackling it well. We should all move (or pretend we are) every three years to purge and get rid of all the stuff we think we need. One day at a time!! xo
ReplyDeleteWow. You two have beene kicking some **** and taking names! Watch out Florida, here they come! (jk ... lol)
ReplyDeleteWell I say, good for you! I think it's hard to get rid of some of those things, but it gets easier as you do it - plus you have a goal for that money.
ReplyDeleteGreat verse!
Hi Linda, I loved reading your post. I am so grateful you are able to move with a bit more ease. It is awful the cost of things. With these terrible fire 20 minutes away from us, I am broken for all those who lost their homes. The cost of house is awful. Anyway too much sadness for me to dwell on so I pray. Everything is possible with God. I love this and your post made me get up and pack up more things which we really do not need. Not the way we need each other. Please keep in touch when you can. Those moving companies are so expensive. But in this world today, everything is. So we keep relying on GOD. Thank you and I am so happy for all you have done to help in the moving process. God is so very good in many ways we know nothing about. Take care and LOVE to you and yours
ReplyDeleteLetting go of things is hard for me. I am really going to try hard to get of things. I am glad you are getting things done and you can start fresh when you move.
ReplyDelete