Saturday, January 8, 2022

Saturday 9

 Good morning from a frigid 7* north. Expecting another winter storm to roll in. We do have to go out to the grocery store today...not that we are starving or anything (grin)...it's just time to make a run, grin. Thank you all for the kind comments. How about something fun for this Saturday?


Saturday 9: Moody Blue (1977)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song was recorded in the special studio Elvis had built in the Jungle Room of Graceland. During the pandemic, have you made like Elvis and worked from home?

Nope. I work in a warehouse with 5 other guys, literally, men. Who watch me like a hawk and keep asking me if I am ok? (See next to last question) 

2) Elvis sings that his girl is completely unpredictable. Which quality to you find more attractive: spontaneity or dependability? 

I married a man who is full of spontaneity, and I am the dependable one. I prefer the latter. I have to have detail plans. 

3) He only performed the song once in concert. In February 1977, shortly after the record was released, Elvis sang "Moody Blue" live in Charlotte, NC, but had to rely on lyric sheet. Crazy Sam can sympathize because she seems to forget passwords as soon as she sets them. Do you often struggle with your memory?

It depends...usually when I am stressed out or tired, I do forget like names, or I get things mixed up...hence why the guys at work are concerned. But don't forget, I suffered a head injury when I was a kid and that still applies today-which they do know.

4) "Moody Blue" was the final hit of Elvis' lifetime, only getting to #31 in the US but reaching #3 in the UK. What's your favorite Elvis song?

Blue Christmas...although it drives me nearly insane. I am not much of a Elvis fan, just saying.

5) We're focusing on Elvis this week because January 8 would be his 87th birthday. He enjoyed celebrating his birthday by renting the Memphis movie theater and watching the latest movie with an invited group of friends. What's your favorite way to celebrate your birthday?

I like and prefer lowkey birthdays. Period. I am not a birthday girl, for other folks its fine...but for myself, nope.  

6) For his 11th birthday, young Elvis asked for a rifle or a bicycle. His mother deemed the gun too dangerous and the bike too expensive and instead gave her son his first guitar. Tell us about a memorable birthday from your youth.

I am sure I told this story once...but when I was entering my teens, I had come home from shopping with Mom, and my dad told me my brothers had ruined my tape player. I ran back to my room and thru the door open. Lo and behold, my girlfriends were there. That was a nice surprise. OK, I personally DETEST SURPRISES! Again, I have to have things planned out period. But for others, its ok.

7) Elvis loved horses and kept them in the stable at Graceland. His favorite was a palomino named Rising Sun. To honor both horse and rider, Elvis' daughter has always kept a palomino in the stable whose name includes "sun." The current resident is Tuscan Sun. Known as "Tucky," he's lived at Graceland for more than 20 years now and is a favorite of Alene Alexander, who maintains the stable and reports he has "attitude and knows he's prettier than everybody else." Tell us about an animal who holds a place in your heart.

Our / the boys' dog, Coffee who is 13...and German Shepherds usually don't live this long. It will be a sad day in Mudville when he passes on. He has been a faithful friend for many years. Oh, and ask him how he feels about his boy being gone and in Heaven. He is so sad. He keeps walking in and out of his room with the saddest eyes. Hubby told him yesterday, "All dogs go to Heaven. Your boy will greet you one day." Yep...we talk to the dog and let me tell you, I think he understands.

8) Throughout his life, Elvis had trouble sleeping. As a preteen, he was a sleepwalker. As an adult, he battled insomnia. Is sleep an issue for you?

It was when Liam passed away...now, today is the 4th Saturday he has been gone...and I have been sleeping pretty good for about 2 of those weeks. Since I told the devil to get out, things are much better. Not like 100%, but 'we' are getting there. It helps to talk about it with hubby and since we both know he is in Heaven; we are at peace. I refuse to discuss HOW we know (for the fear of being labeled a crazy person) ...but we know. I still can't walk into his room, again, it's a work in progress. I suppose I ought to get going on that, because his room has become the staging area for the boxes/totes to move.

***Back to #1. The first week I went back to work it was rough...and it still is. I do have the best coworkers though. I can now say my sons name without bursting out in tears or talk about that day without bursting out in tears. They have been great. My two bosses yesterday were so comical, and I was like, "You two aren't right in the head." One of them asked me a question, like How are you doing -we are just checking on you etc. I might have been little sharp in my reply. And the other one goes, "Yeah, she's not back yet but she is getting there." or something like that...hello, I am standing right here. They are a barrel of laughs. And I thank the good Lord every single day for these men who have really have no idea how to act. They usually come by give a 1/2 hug or a touch on the arm or just say things like, Thinking about you. One said yesterday, "Tomorrow is 4 weeks. So so sorry." grin---my understanding from others is that the news of my son's death hit the crew really hard. I will miss them when we go ...but its time. They know it, read it etc. in the Obit. My boss said I was clearly well liked the other day, I about burst out crying. You gotta' understand these guys are gruff and just so manly men.

9) Random question: Do you wear your shoes in the house?

I am a bare footed kind of gal. However, since it's so cold here, I do have slippers on. I prefer bare feet, probably because I am so flatfooted. I'll respect y'all's wishes and keep my shoes on when we finally meet up (for all of my Florida friends). BIG GRIN


The good Lord has been so good...he is bringing us through this awful time. He keeps leading us to these certain verses in the Bible. That is hard to explain...but rest assured, our Faith is guiding us...and maybe a tad bit of stubbornness and determination as well.


Oh, hubby went out to get groceries...isn't that nice? I told him there was a light on in my SUV ---so he went out and took a look...he came back in and goes, "Umm...that is your tire light, it's telling you need air in the tires." LOLOLOLOL----see I told you my brain ain't working right. IF I had really looked and concentrated, I would have known by the picture. LOLOLOLOLOL

23 comments:

  1. We are in for a cold cold week ahead here... Well below freezing and snow on the ground. Winter has arrived.. :). Missing Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm, stay safe, and thinking of you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so thankful for those guys just checking on you. They are a huge blessing. Hope your husband got some good things and maybe that he's doing the cooking.

    So bitter cold today and someone must go out to clean up after the plow. Oh! That would be me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, they (my coworkers) are something else...hubby came home, he said it was too cold and he goes, "Maybe you can order it and have it delivered." So, there you have it, LOL. I don't have to work today-thankfully.

      Yeah, hubby can't shovel, still recovering from the virus 4 weeks ago...and it's way too cold too. He said it feels like it is burning his lungs. Good luck, bundle up, Vee. Please don't overdo it. smiles

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda. I am glad that you have supportive co-workers. That helps so much. I'm not much for surprises or big birthday parties (for me) either. Stay warm this Saturday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are NOT going out and about...it's just to cold. Wishing you a beautiful day, friend.

      Delete
  5. I'm so touched by your co-workers' subtle expressions of caring and concern! That sort of thing doesn't come easy for some folks, particularly big ole rough-and-tough fellows. Hey, no-one can ever convince me that dogs don't understand what we're saying. When we all get to Heaven, won't those nay-sayers be fooled?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grin...you know dogs go to Heaven, righttttttttt? grin---yes, I do work with nice folks. They have been great.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear, on the last reply above to Vee...yes, tell your hubby to take it easy and not do too much in such cold weather...it would not be good for his lungs. I am SO glad your co-workers are so good to you. God must have arranged that too...He knew what kind of people you would need at this time in your life. You know, He does think of everything! You are all on my heart and mind...the doggy too. (((hugs))) again. Just try to keep the happy thoughts coming as you plan for this big move. I know everything will fall into place in perfect order. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he is...we have decided although it is nice and sunny out, it is very bitter bitter cold and so we shall stay in today and take a break...no packing, no purging etc. Just taking it easy.

      Delete
  7. I’m so glad you have such food co-workers. It makes all the difference. I’m still thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy...keeping you in prayer as well.

      Delete
  8. Gosh, that made me tear up again. The other day, in the Memories section on FaceBook, I had posted something or other and Liam had left a "like". There I went ... crying again ... hope that doesn't cause y'all pain too. I know he's OK. It just still hurts. He was like a nephew to me. I pray about y'all a lot.
    #8 ~ If I understood the coroner's report correctly, Elvis' problem with sleeping was what lead to his death. His keeper kept prescribing medications to help him with that and it caused constipation which led to him straining and that's how he passed. I think I have that right. Anyway, it's sad. I seldom have trouble sleeping probably 'cause I don't have much going on Up Stairs. *lol*
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart goes out to you Linda. I believe that Liam is in heaven too. Keep the faith and God's peace will sustain you. I am glad your co-workers are looking out to you. Your hubby sounds like a great guy! Have a great weekend!♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smiling about your "low air pressure" light. The first time it went off in the SUV I used to have I looked and looked at it but couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was. I did not see a flat tire symbol at all. I saw a head and shoulders with waving arms. LOL What a blessing to have those wonderful co-workers. That can sure be a rare thing these days. I'm glad they are watching over you. It's good that you two take things one day at a time and deal with things as you are able. With all the comments I see here and on Facebook you are literally buried under prayer! So glad to hear your faith is strong and you are managing. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that your co-workers look out for you. That is nice and important.
    #7 brought tears to my eyes. I just adore dogs. He is hurting missing his boy. I pray I see my girl again one day. I believe all dogs go to heaven too. I pray your boy is looking out for my girl (Mandy) in heaven. ♥ Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. 6 degrees here this morning and now freezing rain coming down. :( I'm not a winter fan either.
    I love how your co-workers are. Just what you need.
    I dpn't think you are crazy when you know where Liam is, and it's the best comfort. I got teary reading about the dog. They do know and he will be greeted by Liam one day.
    Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never liked Elvis... but oddly enough, my mama (who died of breast cancer when I was 14 years old) liked him, and one of my daughters-in-law likes him. // I wear a certain type of cross between flip-flop and clog (a sturdy flip-flop basically) when inside... I wear shoes when not home. I used to go barefoot all the time indoors, but both feet have had arthritis in them for years and now also the plantar faciitis in both feet... hurts too much to walk barefoot on anything now. // I'm just waiting around indoors now for Spring... can't stand the cold. We had sub-zero temps past couple weeks, and next week we're supposed to have mostly 50s. Our winter doesn't usually start until the last of January, so I know it's going to be cold continuously pretty soon. If I could, I'd go tell a bear to move over so I could hibernate with it. LOL! Blessings to you, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is nice that your coworkers are taking such good care of you! You and Dave are in my daily prayers for strength and healing. You can go barefoot at my house any time, Linda! LOL Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your co-workers sound like really great people. That is one thing I'm missing a little in my 2nd week of retirement. I really liked the people I work with and miss getting to talk to them each day.

    I hope you can get moved as quickly as you want. It sounds like you have some really good friends in Florida. Take care and I'll pray for you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been blessed with good co workers. It is a blessing. Oh Elvis, my sister was living in Germany when her husband was in the Army. Elvis joined the army you know. She said women and girls were gaga over him. She would just get a kick out of it all. I miss my big sister Pat. Left this ole world in 2001 and than my mom joined her. A dirty rotten trick to play on me. They were my lifelines. I am thinking of you always and praying too. God is patient with me. I sing and dance with the dogs and my cat. They understand too. I talk, they listen. A girls gotta have friends in this cold miserable weather. HUGS and LOVE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)