You know, life is short...so you gotta' smile and keep on going. I was thinking along these lines today when a young employee decided to dress me down for "taking his rack of items and stealing his job." Say what, yeah...whatever ((rolling eyes and shaking head)). My boss is like, "What is the problem? You see a rack with items on it (unloaded a truck and items were placed on a 3 tier rack) and you work it onto the floor. So, what is the problem, Calvin?" The kid said, "She stole the rack I was going to work on." Rolling eyes by me and the boss. ANYWAYS, Some of these young folks haven't a clue on life and that is sad. Sniveling little children...sigh. Sorry, dude, your too slow. By the way, Dude, I worked 18 racks today to your 3. I outwork you any day of the week.
ANYWAYS!
Then, when I got in the car to come home my favorite song was playing ((crank k.it.up!))...totally changed the mood. I wonder what these young folks were thinking? Because a mere 3 months after they played in California, Ronnie Van Zant and some others were killed in a plane crash. Sweet Home Alabama is a great song, have you ever listened to the lyrics? ThenMyra'spost popped up, which caused me to grin even bigger.
Who knows...lol...anyways...life is short. Speaking of life is short, have you ever heard of Parisienne Farmgirl? She and her family live in Wisconsin.
Been watching her videos, she strives for a simple life and has a "old world" style...wish I could have my own home to do this...anyways...because the good Lord knows, I am old world attitude.
Life is short...smile and keep going...even with the little things; a song, a blog post, a podcast etc. Oh...and one of my favorite sayings at this stage of my life and to which I should of followed some imparted wisdom that was given to me when I was way young and immature...
I have to admit that I really haven't listened to the lyrics of Sweet Home Alabama. I don't know about Parisienne Farmgirl, but am intrigued. And I like your final bit of wisdom. Happy Weekend!
Angela (Parisienne Farmgirl) is quite likeable, I hope you do check out her many videos and oHHHH she has a blog too. I forgot to post that. grin.---Have a happy soon to be weekend...for some odd reason, I keep thinking today is Thursday. sigh.
Is that Calvin for real?!? Get a grip, snowflake! So glad your boss was there to witness what transpired. I shouldn't say this out-loud, but. Sweet Home Alabama on your radio AND again in your readers list? A sign from the Universe, perhaps?
Love that sunflower meme. Yep -- been there, done that.
Oh I love vlogs and Parisienne Farmgirl is one of my favorites. She has a new one out today where she creates a centerpiece in a shallow, antique bowl. Made me want to run to the flea market looking for a frog.
That young man surely has something to think about. Hopefully, he does.
Well, since I just found Angela/Parisienne, I am behind, getting caught up, LOL. I don't think Calvin will be thinking...he plainly told me I was not welcomed back there (in the warehouse) since I am taking peoples jobs. Rolling eyes. Just someone to avoid.
Yes - that's a good song! Haven't heard it for some time. I also know about spoiled kids who don't know how to work. Sad times. I have to look up Parisian Farmgirl. I also like the old world attitude.
Isn't that the truth?! Why were we all in such a hurry to grow up? I never actually have to deal with my peers at work, only the bosses so I've no clue what they are like. Tim complains greatly about the young guys at work. They want all the old guys to retire so they can take over and run things their way...problem is that when you are building multi-million dollar buildings, someone might expect you to, you know, know what you are doing and these youngsters have no clue how to do the most basic of tasks without someone walking them through it. Sweet Home Alabama is a favorite song around here, too. My daughter and I both love Skynyrd. They are a must for any road trip. Hang in there, girlfriend. God's bigger than anything they throw at us!
well...since I am the only female and prob. one of the oldest back there, I do outwork them young folks and apparently I have upset the apple cart. ANYWAYS...Indeed about God's plans.
Jeepers, would you believe I am sitting here on a Saturday morning at 7:30 am listening to Sweet Home Alabama? Haven't heard that in ages, and now I'm just sitting here grooving to the music and enjoying it so much. Wow! Where was I when that was popular? 1970...newlywed (1969), hubby finishing up his degree, then we moved to GA. Life was sweet and simple then...Okay, I loved your post. Tell Calvin to grow up. What a little upstart. (being nice). Just keep being you and you will put him to shame. I will have to check out the vlog. Sounds like a good one. Have a happy day. Life's too short to do otherwise.
Ahh, Skynyrd. Songs of my own wasted youth. *lol* There are "Calvin's" everywhere, aren't there?! It's not good to get wrapped around the axel over absolutely nothing. Y'all are supposed to be a team and work in harmony. He should have been grateful that you saved his back-side since, evidently, he's too slow to keep up. No need to avoid him, or others, just smile sweetly and say Jesus loves him. He'll probably leave you alone, or get saved, which is even better. Love ya xx
Linda, enjoyed your rambling post. Love the song Sweet Home Alabama! And that young whippersnapper needs to learn not to whine and to work harder. Happy Saturday!
Just hit poor Calvin with a Southern "BLESS YOUR HEART" and leave him wondering! I had never watched the YouTube channel you shared, but I clicked on it and enjoyed it. Now it is another rabbit hole for me to jump into when I am looking at vlogs!
I have to admit that I really haven't listened to the lyrics of Sweet Home Alabama. I don't know about Parisienne Farmgirl, but am intrigued. And I like your final bit of wisdom. Happy Weekend!
ReplyDeleteAngela (Parisienne Farmgirl) is quite likeable, I hope you do check out her many videos and oHHHH she has a blog too. I forgot to post that. grin.---Have a happy soon to be weekend...for some odd reason, I keep thinking today is Thursday. sigh.
DeleteIs that Calvin for real?!? Get a grip, snowflake! So glad your boss was there to witness what transpired.
ReplyDeleteI shouldn't say this out-loud, but. Sweet Home Alabama on your radio AND again in your readers list? A sign from the Universe, perhaps?
Love that sunflower meme. Yep -- been there, done that.
Oh yes, Calvin is real...real person, real name, etc. Ha on the signs from the universe. grin
DeleteOh I love vlogs and Parisienne Farmgirl is one of my favorites. She has a new one out today where she creates a centerpiece in a shallow, antique bowl. Made me want to run to the flea market looking for a frog.
ReplyDeleteThat young man surely has something to think about. Hopefully, he does.
Well, since I just found Angela/Parisienne, I am behind, getting caught up, LOL. I don't think Calvin will be thinking...he plainly told me I was not welcomed back there (in the warehouse) since I am taking peoples jobs. Rolling eyes. Just someone to avoid.
DeleteYes - that's a good song! Haven't heard it for some time.
ReplyDeleteI also know about spoiled kids who don't know how to work. Sad times.
I have to look up Parisian Farmgirl. I also like the old world attitude.
You'll have to go back and look how they transformed their 1980's kitchen to what it is today...smiles
DeleteIsn't that the truth?! Why were we all in such a hurry to grow up? I never actually have to deal with my peers at work, only the bosses so I've no clue what they are like. Tim complains greatly about the young guys at work. They want all the old guys to retire so they can take over and run things their way...problem is that when you are building multi-million dollar buildings, someone might expect you to, you know, know what you are doing and these youngsters have no clue how to do the most basic of tasks without someone walking them through it. Sweet Home Alabama is a favorite song around here, too. My daughter and I both love Skynyrd. They are a must for any road trip. Hang in there, girlfriend. God's bigger than anything they throw at us!
ReplyDeletewell...since I am the only female and prob. one of the oldest back there, I do outwork them young folks and apparently I have upset the apple cart. ANYWAYS...Indeed about God's plans.
DeleteI always love my visits here and how you just put it all out there! Will check out Parisienne Farmgirl. Love Sweet Home and did crank it up!! xo
ReplyDeletewell...Terri...my mom always said to tell the truth and keep it simple. So, yeah. LOL.
DeleteJeepers, would you believe I am sitting here on a Saturday morning at 7:30 am listening to Sweet Home Alabama? Haven't heard that in ages, and now I'm just sitting here grooving to the music and enjoying it so much. Wow! Where was I when that was popular? 1970...newlywed (1969), hubby finishing up his degree, then we moved to GA. Life was sweet and simple then...Okay, I loved your post. Tell Calvin to grow up. What a little upstart. (being nice). Just keep being you and you will put him to shame. I will have to check out the vlog. Sounds like a good one. Have a happy day. Life's too short to do otherwise.
ReplyDeleteAhh, Skynyrd. Songs of my own wasted youth. *lol*
ReplyDeleteThere are "Calvin's" everywhere, aren't there?! It's not good to get wrapped around the axel over absolutely nothing. Y'all are supposed to be a team and work in harmony. He should have been grateful that you saved his back-side since, evidently, he's too slow to keep up. No need to avoid him, or others, just smile sweetly and say Jesus loves him. He'll probably leave you alone, or get saved, which is even better.
Love ya xx
Linda, enjoyed your rambling post. Love the song Sweet Home Alabama! And that young whippersnapper needs to learn not to whine and to work harder. Happy Saturday!
ReplyDeleteJust hit poor Calvin with a Southern "BLESS YOUR HEART" and leave him wondering!
ReplyDeleteI had never watched the YouTube channel you shared, but I clicked on it and enjoyed it. Now it is another rabbit hole for me to jump into when I am looking at vlogs!