I am so confused on what day this (not really, just saying); who has a day off on a Tuesday? (me)...{{{grin}}} No Tuesday 4 Meme. So, I shall do the Currently from Stacy's blog.
Currently...
Weather: 70 and hazy. Will be another hot one today.
The Sounds of Summer: Someone outside is weed eating. The phone has been ringing off the hook this morning; nursing home, attorneys office etc. The paperwork is now ready; the POA is being recognized and their mortgage lender now has us listed as sole ownership for their house-now there can not be a lien (hated to go this route, but both him and her are not well, period. Now the house can be sold etc.). So many legal jargon going on... Ron will be discharged next Tuesday; still not well etc. They have great concern about this, as do we. But unfort. that is todays insurance standards. T's are crossed and I's are dotted legal wise-never thought we would actually have to do this; enforce it aka POA/Health Proxy.
On the TV: Nothing. Between the phone and sending documents etc., no time for the tv to be on. We did stay up late last night and watched Antique Roadshow on PBS.
Work: Plenty of busy. Funny, the part time job has turned into a 32-36 hrs. a week. A raise should be in paycheck on August 1. Can you believe its going to be 90 days? Where has the time gone?
My Kind of Fun: Of course, we did go to Penn Yan (stands for Pennsylvania Yankee) over the weekend. Much to my brother in-laws bad attitude; "What's so fascinating about that area? You guys keep going up there." Well, its country; full of Amish farms, wide open spaces and its the tip of Keuka Lake. I also told hubby if we could find land, I would consider moving up there (its only 45 miles from here). I need wide open spaces, this city/town living is not for me. There I said it. Although, we only have under 9,000 souls living here in our town, but the crime is creeping in from Buffalo and Rochester.
What's for Dinner? I don't know. When I got home from work late yesterday, hubby was deep frying wings. It was good. But then again, I was hungry. I don't eat lunch or even take a lunch. My employer supplies lunch, but I just can't eat; so hot and running back and forth in the warehouse etc...just can't do it.
On a Personal Note: I also adjusted my blood pressure medicine to take it in the evening. I was getting so sick, come to find out, it says on the bottle; "No being in heat/humidity or direct sunlight". Yeah, I am suppose to take it in the morning, but since have adjusted it for evenings. No side effects now. Feeling so much better. No tiredness, no upset stomach, no nausea, no headache, no excessive sweating etc.. Gosh it was awful.
I am ready for:
![]() |
| My photo from last fall. |
Pumpkin picking at Fitzpatricks, LOL. Have a great day all!



Currently I feel like you do. Slightly confused by what day of the week it is, and sort of looking forward to autumn. I have a calendar, of course-- but July and August tend to fry my mind with the heat. Come September, though, I'll be back on my game [I hope].
ReplyDeleteSame here...I am not a summer person, I much prefer fall and winter...needless to say, I am a freak as I love snow and cold weather, lol.
DeleteI'm looking forward to fall also. Summer heat is not my thing.
ReplyDeleteUgh. Summer. You know how I feel about that too!
ReplyDeleteI know you're glad to have all that legal stuff done with the In-Laws. They're so fortunate to have someone decent like you looking out for everything.
Speaking of crime, Waycross has been experiencing a lot of that because of the illegal drugs that keep creeping up from Jacksonville (Florida). We've even had shootings now! I'm glad we live way out here in da Boonies. I wish the authorities would get serious about these drugs. I think dealers should be executed and users put in at least one full year of rehab which includes going to Church. No exceptions. Otherwise, it's only gonna get worse.
I hope y'all can find some land out away from everything else with internet too. With all these little wireless internet access do-dads, maybe that can happen sooner rather than later.
Y'all stay safe.
Love ya. xx
Oh, pumpkins! I would love to have fall come next week, if the weather would cooperate and feel like fall. We really don't get "fall" weather here in Florida until late October, early November. But I start decorating in early September...just so ready for change. Sounds like you all are really going through some difficult times/decisions/etc. regarding the family. Praying for all of you. I know how hard this can be under the best circumstances, and yours really aren't the "best", I know. May God give your hubby patience and wisdom as he deals with his family. Glad you figured out your issue with the BP meds, and I am glad those changes have helped. Take care of yourself, and do whatever you like to do on your day off! That's what it's for!!
ReplyDeleteWeather is so humid here today. A shower came at lunch and now it's sticky hot. But, praise the Lord for AC. I must admit I like cooler temps too even though my favorite thing in summer is the beach! You can't stand it outside in Florida without water! Glad you got on top of that blood pressure medication. Girl, I know I would not like the city life. I'm about 20 minutes away from the nearest town and that suits me. I hope you have a lovely week dear Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteHang in there!! We all know and understand it all happens in God's timing. Take care of yourself!! xo
ReplyDeleteHappy Tuesday, Linda! I am a fall/winter/ cool weather loving gal. Summer could be divided among the other three and I would be happier than happy. Glad the legal issues revolving around your in-laws is straightening out.
ReplyDeleteDifficult decisions, yes. Hope and pray these measures open the doors to a mutually satisfying relocation. Congrats on that raise!
ReplyDeleteYes, these part-time jobs have become something a bit bigger than anticipated. Good thing we like them! So glad things are worked out with the house. It is such an awful thing what it means to get old these days and what a toll it can take on loved ones if you need nursing care. I hope I just croak suddenly rather than linger for years being a burden. Tim has a lot of issues with the "when" of his meds and work/sleeping. He's had to adjust his a few times. I think he's good now. Maybe. I'd love it if Tim cooked, but I'd pass on the wings. Even if I was starving. LOL Glad life is going well. Enjoy the rest of the week! (I may be missing in action until late Thursday or Friday. Tomorrow is a 10-12 hour day!)
ReplyDeleteI'm just like you...have to take my medication at night; otherwise, I am nauseas and or dizzy. I thought that I was weird. I'm glad that I'm not.
ReplyDeleteLooks as if you enjoyed a nice excursion. It has rained every single day in July. I'd love to see some sun for an entire day.
Tuesday is my usual day off! :)
ReplyDeleteInsurance now is awful. We are frequently sending people home that aren't ready. It's sad.
So glad you got your medication adjusted so you would feel better. I hope things go well as you try to get your MIL andher husband in a better situation. Pennsylvania, especially Amish Country, is beautiful. My oldest sister was raised in that area. Hope your week continues to go well. See you again soon.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are having to go through all the legal mess that comes with caring for older parents. It is not fun at all.
ReplyDeleteNice your employer give you lunch. Its the little things often that make for a nice environment.
ReplyDelete