While I was sitting here awaiting my family's answers for the Tuesday 4 Meme, I clicked on Myra's blog post about Sunday Letters. Of course, that got me thinking about that old age thought,
Home? Where is home? I haven't been back to Ocala, Florida where I was raised until age 18-19 in a house on 7th Street. 1,126 miles from where we presently live. We haven't been back in say like 15 years now.
or how about Tuscaloosa, Alabama where we resided for 21 years? Haven't been back in 8 years now.
That/those certainty are not 'home'. What does home look like? Have you really ever truly thought about it? Then, it sort of hit me;
I hope each of you have a beautiful day, It is raining here. But that is ok, we need it.
P.S.





Interesting topic as I returned "home" (where I spent 9 years as a child and then summers until I was 18ish) for a week. While I have the memories (and there is still family there), I didn't feel truly connected because my people (husband and dog) weren't there. Have a marvelous Monday, Linda.
ReplyDeleteYes! Exactly and that was my thought as well...hoping you have a beautiful week, my friend.
DeleteHi Linda. I have moved a lot too, so like you, I consider my home where my family is and where I feel love. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteYep, same here, smiles.
DeleteYou've come to the same conclusion I came to: home is where you're loved. For me, I am HOME here in SE Georgia until God calls me to my Forever Home. I grew up in Titusville, Florida, lived there for 18 years and haven't been back since 2006 with no plans to ever return. I have never felt more accepted than since we moved here. To coin a phrase, this is the hill I would die on, if it comes to that. Home is where the heart is!
ReplyDeleteStill praying about all of our respective situations. God's got this.
I hope your day is easy and blessed.
Love ya friend. xx
unfort I think that hill is coming sooner than later...sigh...Keeping you and Steve in prayer.
DeleteTho' some of my best days were spent in Texas and we left a much nicer house in Arizona, I LOVE my little home here on the slow lane. Definitely there's a difference between a house and a home, and your meme nailed it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Myra...hope you have a beautiful week. smiles
DeleteWow, we are both thinking about "home" today. I just posted about my childhood home. Your thoughts are very good. Home is truly where the heart is and where you are loved and can share love. That's the most important part..."Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home." Wherever that may be. Wherever the love is...that's home. Still praying for Ron and the next step when he must leave the nursing home. There must be a better plan...Praying God will show it to you soon. He is in control. Love to you all.
ReplyDeleteI love that! Home is where you are loved, no matter what. Have a blessed week!! xo
ReplyDeleteI love what you have written about home. I agree with that. I am blessed in that my Dad still lives in the house they built when I was in 8th grade, and thankfully it's a house filled with love. However, home is now where Bob and I live - about 20 minutes away. We aren't big travelers like you!
ReplyDeleteYes, Home is where the heart is.
ReplyDelete