Thank you all for the kind comments on yesterdays post. No one knows why a reversal? All of sudden..."what's up with 'dat?" is what I said. We got a letter via snail mail and an email from our mortgage broker. None the less, keep saving for that rainy day.
This week the questions were supplied by Pamela Steiner... Here we go, let's talk about Blogging!
1. Tell us about your blog. When did you start blogging? 2. What prompted you to begin blogging? (adding the second question to this, grin)
Many moons ago when I was new mother at age 30, I decided to get blogging about life in general. Back then, life was much harder financially, still is, but not as hard. Then we moved out to Lake Tuscaloosa and the internet and cable tv were no more...so I lost some years...but now that we live here in upstate NY, and have internet --I am back. So, back now for like 8 years. Like my good friend, Ann said, "The discipline of blogging is good for you."
3. What was your first blog about and why did you choose that subject/title?
It has always had my name somewhere in it. Now, its Just Simply Linda. Why? Because that is who I am, Just Simply Linda; that's my name-Linda...not mom or Honey...my name is Linda.
4. How has your blog changed over time, and has it done for you what you hoped it would do in the first place?
You know, I tried to be all cute, sharing photos etc...but you know, life is real and topics ought to be talked about etc. Someone somewhere out there is having similar problems or issues, period. AND You can't tell me your not...but most folks are afraid to share. And I am sure y'all know, I keep it real, period. No lying, no fibbings, no fakeness... I am a real person behind this computer screen with problems/issues. Do I tell you a little too much info, maybe, grin.


Good morning, Linda. I'm glad I found your blog. A long time ago, online friends weren't real friends, in my mind, but oh how I have changed that opinion! I'm super thankful to live in these times, where internet can be used to make such good connections. I am also very sorry that NY state is being so incredibly rude to you and your husband, that is just ridiculous and hurtful. I also want to say I love love love how REAL you are, thank you for that, and for sharing here, I love visiting your blog.
ReplyDeleteDella
Keep on keeping on...the best any of us can do at any moment. Good luck in working things out.
ReplyDeleteHi Simply Linda:
ReplyDeleteI love your blog name and I am a real person with real problems too.
I am so glad we met through our blogs!
Have a great Tuesday my blogging friend.
https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/
Hi Linda - I am so glad we met through blogs. I love your blog, and your honesty. Yes, I am with you - blogging to me is all about life and "keeping it real" and supporting our blog friends. Hope you have a good day. See you again soon.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading your blog and that you share your life with us.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that yours is a blog interrupted. I'm glad that you found your way back because that is how I found you. Actually, I think you found me first and then I followed you home. ☺
ReplyDeleteI am all for being real, but I did learn a hard lesson a long time ago about blogging and the internet in general. Nothing and I mean NOTHING is absolutely anonymous. I used one former blog as a dump spot to vent all my frustrations about my son's new girlfriend/fiance/wife. I never connected my name to it, used made up names for all "characters", never shared photos...and my son found it somehow. And blew a gasket. I still make sure I'm sure I don't care who reads what before posting all these years later. Though, given how things are...it probably doesn't make any difference these days.
ReplyDeleteI think it is good to share what is on your heart. I usually over share with medical stuff, but I have found that others may have suggestions to help. It is good to get it out there. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
LOVE your answer to #4, Linda. Ya, what you see is what you get! Come to thnk of it, I don't see so much 'artificial intelligence' on Blogger anymore. Whew!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is always a breath of fresh air to me. Why? because I know I will find authentic, honest. down to earth life here. I love that you are fearless and bold and that you aren't afraid to 'tell it like it is". We need more of that these days. Life's too short to be always hiding behind the flower gardens and teapots. Of course, I love those things too, but I think we can be real and entertaining at the same time. Your situation has kept me on my knees praying for you and the next phase of your journey. I know God has a plan, and He's not forgotten you by a long shot. So hang in there and keep moving forward. Thank you for playing along today.
ReplyDeleteI found you through the link up! It's my first time here. Glad to hear you keep it real. I'm sure your long-time readers appreciate that. I'll be back!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog and keeping it real!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your answers. I appreciate a reliable and dedicated blogger who keeps it real.
ReplyDeleteYour honesty is refreshing even if it is sometimes raw, Linda. Don't change! I have enjoyed reading how everyone started blogging! Blessings! xo
ReplyDeleteNice to read about your beginnings!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, I think that is why I like to come here. You are real and do share your heart. I am sorry about the VA situation. Just not right for the men who have served our country. Have a good week and get lots of rest!
ReplyDeleteI've miss you Ms Linda! You truly are real, and I applaud you for that and other things also. I just read your last post; it set me off! How inhumane has our country gone? It boggles the mind!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Hi! I found you via the Tuesday 4 website. I like the idea that blogging is a good way to be disciplined. I sure have found that to be true.
ReplyDelete