Monday, July 5, 2021

Currently...Hang on Tight

 Linking back to Stacy as it is her meme, grin.


Currently in the Southern Tier of New York...hang on...too much TMI going on...

Weather...69* and sunny suppose to be 90 and humid today.

Celebrating...having a day off. We went to the fireworks last night. The better half/the husband was just a cranky soul (see below). I am awaiting for the kid to post his video of the fireworks. 

Shocked... 

1. in reference to the fireworks nothing spectacular, the city claimed to have better fireworks this year, and we all were like scratching our heads like "ok..." Wondering where the $15 million went for the covid relief that our city got. Alstom actually had a better firework display. Alstom is the French rail company that makes subway cars here. The two were competing against one another, we all liked Alstom's the best. We wondered if they were like working together...I doubt it.

2. So, the goings on here at home within the last week/week in half...the NY Veterans Affairs (bet you didn't know states can write their own rules, did you? Nor did we.) has decided to rescind their VA Approval Letter for housing. Yep, why? Apparently they claim my husband has a felony discharge. F-E-L-O-N-Y. UHHHHH NO! So, hired an military attorney thanks to the Veterans Affairs local office here. Fight, fight, fight. The DD214 to which we have a copy of, states GOOD CONDUCT DISCHARGE/OTHER MEDICAL WHILE ON DUTY. Funny thing is, we have already had a VA house and still have other benefits etc. Nope, states can decide. ANYWAYS, Where this charge is coming from is beyond us, hence hiring an attorney. He is also highly decorated with several merits and medals. Felony my arse. Someone is reading way to much into the OTHER MEDICAL WHILE ON DUTY. Medical because he was repelling out of a helicopter and the helicopter caught wind and that caused him and others to slam into a mountain side--- almost lost his right leg, spent 2 years in the hospital recovering. All documented. I blame the current administration and their stance on this "woke" policy etc. They hate hate the military and it shows. Treating their veterans like they are criminals, horrible. My husband served this country with high honor, period. 

Working...a steady 32-36 hours. I am tired, tired, tired. Still liking the job, its just tough...and the guys show no slack, which I wouldn't expect them too. I did have to ask for help with some things the other day. One, I am short and two, I just can't lift some things and after lifting 3 pallets of heavy 35 packs of water the other day onto shelves, I am just bone tired.

Kind of Over It...so, since the latest news coming out of the VA, I am just over it; over the politics, over the hate for this country, over the woke nonsense (he had a initial 3 way phone contact with a military judge and she was darn right nasty and said, "THIS IS HOW ITS DONE NOW, GET OVER IT. THIS IS THE NEW MILITARY! YOUR DD214 STATES OTHER/MEDICAL WHICH MEANS FELONY."). Even the attorney was apologetic to my husband, old school attorney. ANYWAYS, OVER IT...over the NY politics. So, another hearing and court date will be set up etc. Snails pace, she was not very nice, not one bit. Nasty individual. In my book, traitor. All of them going 'woke' etc. you are a traitor to the US Constitution. Period. yeah, you can print that and send it in to the government, not that they care. There.it.is. I wonder how many other folks out there are getting shafted with their military service?

Missing...I think folks in general, watching and listening to folks...I think folks have had enough of the oppressiveness to which the government has become. Missing the past where families got together etc. Seems we are all spread out etc. Hey, folks take the diaper off your faces and get to living. P.S. on that thought, y'all asked about why someone would run me over? Why not. A lot of nasty woke Nervous Nellies out there, period. This entitlement is getting out of hand. NOT all are like this...but the few stand out.

Thinking About/Irked...yeah, its important to clear these misunderstandings in regards to my husband. That ticked me off when the judge said that. The attorney and judge going back and forth. Sickening. So, yeah, grouping the Thinking about/irked together.

Grateful...for so many things. Grateful because in my heart, I know my husband is not a felon and he does too...but right now, he is feeling pretty low.

Cooking...today? Who knows. But yesterday, hubby grilled out ribs, chicken, baked potatoes.

Feeling...not sleeping well; way over tired.

Today...banks and such are closed here. Not sure what we are doing, if anything. He did mention about going visiting Brian over at the Antique mall, but you know...still sitting here at nearly 10 am in my pj's.


Yes HE is. PERIOD. FULL STOP. I am thanking the good Lord for everything even the bad stuff. Like my husband said last night, "Wake up folks. Before its too late."

12 comments:

  1. Good grief! What new low will the state of New York attempt? It is an outrage. Glad that a lawyer was hired. Of course, you are feeling low, but keep looking up. God will sort this out. I think the veterans of this country are being treated poorly. (A big difference from the former administration.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Your family will be in my prayers for resolution of this. I am so sorry you are going through all of this. So glad your faith is still strong. You are an encouragement and an example. Prayers and hugs from UT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, there's just no words ... I'm so sorry this is happening. Y'all deserve better. Told ya that most Yankees are savages. Just sayin'. Anyway, still praying. Let me know what I can do from here. All you have to do is ask.
    Love ya. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, we are both in a "mood" today, aren't we? Not that we don't have good reasons. That is so frustrating with the VA! What on earth made them come up with that all of a sudden? So random.
    Fireworks here were just okay, too. There was much ado about a local business raising all this money and funding them and how they'd be bigger and better than ever...blah, blah, blah. Yeah, not so much. We enjoyed all the fireworks the neighbors were putting off around us more.
    Yep, definitely missing the past and hating where we are headed. The new Toby Keith song speaks for a lot of us, I think.
    Yep, God is good all the time and all the time, God is good! I just read something the other day about thinking about everything in our lives, the good, the bad, and the ugly, as good things. God either caused them or allowed them so everything is appointed by God to bring us to where He wants us. The writer spoke of our circumstances as ministers, as in they minister to us and help us to grow (hopefully).
    Here's to a better day for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Linda. Just when I think you can't shock me anymore ...
    Have you thought about contacting your Congressman? Hang tough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your life is as drama filled as mine right now. I am praying for you.. for house, straightening out the mess etc. And praying you find a job in historical stuff. Its enough already. We really need to be praying hard during these awful times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I cannot believe this is happening to you/your husband! What on earth is wrong with these people? Is that just a NY thing? Is this the cue where you realize maybe you need to go to another state after all? Just wondering. I cannot believe all the garbage that is being handed out to our veterans and conservative people in general. Yes, we need to wake up and fight back before it is too late. Praying you can get the right people to fight for you. Praying for you also...please take care of yourself. Don't overdo the lifting stuff. Your body is more important than any job. Speaking from experience as I think I already shared with you in the past. Anyway, I am very sorry for these developments, and pray that God will show you what the next plan is and how to get from there to wherever it may be. He does still have a good plan. Keep the faith! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to see this news, Linda. What more can that sucky state do to you? Time to exit, my friend! Such a shame. Hope the attorney can continue to help clear this up. Pray!! I'm praying for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blows my mind and I am so sorry you are having to go through it all. I want peace and happiness for you and it seems just when you think things are better, the ball falls. Hang tough and know we love you and are praying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I have no words. That is just awful and is certainly not how our vets should be treated. Tell David that there are many people out here yet that greatly appreciate his service and will be praying this is straightened out quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off, Thank your husband for me, for serving our country and I am so sorry this is happening to a veteran. I am sad and MAD about it. I hope you will prevail.

    My husband served 20 years - I don't know if he has ever heard of this loophole in the dd214.





    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord have mercy! What a crock; this world is going crazy, Linda. I pray things will be worked out for y'all; your husband and you deserve better treatment!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)