Saturday, February 20, 2021

Saturday 9

 Apologies, falling behind yet again. I'll just say, nothing has been decided on where to move too...but I did snap at my husband the other day and I informed him my feet weren't made for snow boots or shoes or the never ending snow; they are made for sand and flip flops. He hasn't said one more word to me about NOT moving (he was laughing at me waddling to the car -on the ice)...I'm just at the end of the proverbial rope; combination of the never ending shutdown/mask wearing for 8-9 hours a day, weather, job related etc. I also own up to the fact I need an attitude adjustment. Just keeping it real.


oh how appropriate, grin.

Saturday 9: Cry (1952)

Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Johnnie Ray assures us we'll feel better if we cry. Do you agree?

Sometimes. After a rough 24-48 hours, I wanted to cry and briefly did (at home). But honestly, I was not going to allow my employer the pleasure of seeing me do so and I didn't.

2) He also mentions waking from a dream, believing it was real. Has that ever happened to you?

Sure.

3) Because this record was such a massive hit, Johnnie Ray was nicknamed "The Prince of Wails." Without looking it up, do you know who is currently the Prince of Wales?

Sure, Charles, the Queen of England's son.

4) To cash in on the success of this single, 20th Century Fox cast Johnnie Ray in a big-budget musical, There's No Business Like Show Business. Today it's best remembered as a Marilyn Monroe movie. Have you seen many of Marilyn's films?

Yes, I love Some Like it Hot.

5) After graduating from high school, Johnnie worked at low-paying jobs, including bus boy and soda jerk. He found he made better tips when he began playing piano in restaurants. Have you ever worked for tips?

Nope

6) In 1969, Johnnie was in the news a lot again because he performed with Judy Garland during her European tour and was best man at her wedding to Mickey Deans. Tell us what you wore to the most recent wedding you attended.

I haven't been to any weddings --maybe 15 or so years now. It was a flowerly 2 piece chiffon dress and pink mules.

7) In 1952, when this song was a hit, Mr. Potato Head made his debut. It was the first toy advertised on television. What TV commercial have you seen recently?

It was a Dominos commercial. Funny thing is, we don't have a Dominos here. The city won't allow competition.

8) Also in 1952, chlorophyll was all the rage for banishing bad breath. Colgate led the way by adding it to their toothpaste. Do you use gum, mints, mouthwash, or breath strips?

I chew gum everyday-Since I have to wear a mask for upwards of 8-9 hours. Every single person at work chews gum. That's a fact, Jack.

9) Random question -- Congratulations! You won a free three night/two day weekend for two in Las Vegas! The weather is predicted to be sunny and 65º each day you're there. It's 12:00 noon on your first day. Are we most likely to find you: a) gambling in the casino or b) having breakfast in bed or c) outside, enjoying the sun and the sights?

C. But you won't ever find me in Vegas. Once was a enough...how about I win a trip to the beach? Any beach will do, including Maine. grin.



17 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your responses to the Saturday 9, Linda! I would probably give the trip to Las Vegas to someone as I don't have any desire to go. But you would find me outside soaking in the sunshine. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I hope you have a beautiful day, my friend.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get to get out of their fairly soon. Sounds like your "friend" Cuomo is finally getting a little heat!
    Las Vegas is not appealing to me either. We spent one night there on a trip to the Grand Canyon. We didn't go out exploring the city, just driving to the hotel was enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He needs to be arrested...just a thought, but karma is a you know what. Surprised though...

      We are looking at 6-8 months...it will take that long to save. smiles

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda:
    Once to Vegas was enough for us too.
    I love "Some Like It Hot" also.
    I enjoyed all of your answers.
    Have a great Saturday my Friend!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beach sounds great! I am coming with you. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on Vegas. Once was enough for me.
    Hope you find a sandy shore to land on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever found myself in Las Vegas, it would be spent looking around at all the flashy hotels and the like! There's also a Star Trek exhibit in one if I remember. Linda, as far as snow and moving, I'm totally understanding. We got more snow this winter than in the previous 4 years but it's been the incessant cold. When I talk to my BFF in Florida and it's 25 degrees here and 70 there - well, it makes me start looking for empty boxes to pack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, too ... not going back to Vegas, TYVM. Back in 2012 Tom and I drove up for our anniversary -- still expecting to see intimate piano bars tucked here and there, generous buffets for little money, people who still dressed nicely for a dinner and show. Aaaaaargh. Meet-cha at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you've felt like crying. I've been praying for y'all. I guess you did need to escape New York. That must be such a hard decision to make. Breaks my heart y'all have to do that.
    Oh, I wouldn't go to Las Vegas either. I'm not into gambling, other than an occasional "scratch" ticket for the Lottery, and don't care for the atmosphere. There's some developer considering building a casino in Liberty County (south of Savannah) near Midway!! There's a lot of push back on this, thank heavens. I don't want that stuff here. It's still unclear what will happen next. That area has beautiful wet lands too. Maybe the environmentalist wackos will stop them. Whatever it takes.
    Sending Love & Prayers Always xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maine? Not now! Maybe in July or August. 😁 When does spring arrive in your corner? We can't count on it here until late April or May and "count on it" may be too strong a concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL. Sure, why not...its still the ocean...I could careless about sitting on the beach, just need to hear it and smell it, LOLOL. Same here weather wise, late May sigh.

      Delete
  10. Hi Linda! I always feel better after a good cry! Wondering what will happen with the big guy up there? Any word???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather impeachment is on the table...I highly doubt anything will happen though...still under strict mandates, not letting up anytime soon, sigh.

      Delete
  11. I seldom cry, but when I do I always feel better about the situation that caused me to cry in the first place!! Hope you get to move soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are full of 'stuff' and it was interesting. I am so sorry you are having to deal with NY and pray you can move sooner than soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry work is so hard on you. I am sure they don't make it easy for you. Someday you will get the job you really want and hopefully in a place that is near the warm sand. We know all the good places to go in Vegas when we go. I am not a gambler and would rather spend my money on shopping. There are many nice things to see there at the newer casinos. There is beautiful art and my favorite is the water and music show at Bellagios. They also have a beautiful indoor garden that they decorate seasonally and it smells really good from all the fresh flowers. The Venetian in really nice too and you can take a Gondola ride which we did one year. Paris has the Eiffel tower and you can take a ride to the top for a good view of the city. But we mostly enjoy just relaxing around the pools. A lot has changed over there if you have not been in a long time. Happy Sunday Linda! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)