Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentines Day Sunday Salon

 Wishing you each of you a very Happy Valentines Day. I had every inclination to send out cards, but time just got away from me.



Time: 9 am

Scene: Cloudy 23, real feel 14. Another impending winter storm is on the horizon; expecting upwards of a foot. Already got a warning. ---sigh, and for the first time I think in 7 years,  I am tired of winter.

Drinking: My second cup of


With Sweet Cream. They were out of my regular Breakfast in the Finger Lakes. So, decided to go back to Italian Roast. 

On tap for the day: Nothing. I asked hubby did he have plans for us, nope. He said and I quote, "You can stay in pj's today. It's too bitter cold to go out and about."  Gotta' love a man who says that.

Pondering: An incident at work yesterday. Unknown to me, someone changed my schedule. Instead of 3:30-10:00, someone changed it to 3-10:30. I was livid. What's the big deal, you might ask? Oh, its a big deal, was docked a point. I didn't know until I was doing the Covid check in. I do believe the whole store heard what I had to say. The store manager will hear about it tomorrow. I AM NOT MARRIED TO MY CELL PHONE AND WILL NOT BE MARRIED TO MY CELL PHONE. I DO NOT CHECK MY CELL PHONE WHEN I AM NOT ON DUTY, PERIOD. BESIDES, MY HOME PHONE NUMBER IS LISTED, NOT THE CELL PHONE AS THE PRIMARY. NOPE, they didn't bother to even call the cell phone or notify me, just changed it/schedule. LIVID is the word.

Thought for the day:


Received a very nice card from my husband and some Lindt chocolate (he has no idea my desk drawer is still holding onto a secret Christmas stash, shh...don't tell him. lol).

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day! Ice predicted here..... give me snow anytime.. :) Happy Valentines Day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. expecting a foot of snow here...and we already have ice...sigh...wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda- I don't blame you for being upset. That was kind of a low things for them to change your schedule like that. So sorry that happened. Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day. So nice of your husband to give you chocolates. He sounds like a good guy. :-) I got flowers, a card and a little stuffed bear. Have a good, relaxing day. I hear you about the snow. We have had a very mild winter here with very little snow. We got some last night, but only a small amount of snow remains on the streets and lawns. Have a good day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my understanding is they are famous for doing so, and now it has happened to me. sigh...

      Wishing you a Happy Valentines Day.

      Delete
  3. my hometown area (Herkimer NY, in the Mohawk Valley) is supposed to be in the midst of a major storm as well. Here in Albany area it's predicted to be 1-3 inches. Better now than in April I say!

    YIKES! Where in the world do you work where they just change the schedule on you?? At least it was just off by a half hour or so......

    Enjoy the day!! Be warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just got an updated warning; over 9 inches here. Oh, I work at Walmart. Management is a mess here. Not that I am belittling the position etc. Just keeping it real.

      Delete
  4. I think PJ's are the PERFECT attire for Valentine's Day ... or Snow Day ... or ANYtime you feel so inclined. (One of the perks of being a grown-up. LOL)
    That's pretty nasty on the part of your employer. Glad you spoke up and OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tired of winter this year too. It has rained, rained, and RAINED for days now. Today it is pouring again. This is like a Tropical Storm that just won't leave. And it's "cold". Not that we don't need the water (our area always does) but, golly, it's gotten tiring. Now that Church has let out I may stay in my PJ's for the rest of the day.
    As for them changing the time on ya: I'd be livid too! That was low, mean-spirited and underhanded. No wonder WM gets sued all the time. They deserve it. Hope the week improves for ya.
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay safe & warm up there. 72° here right now (1:25). Sounds like it will be bad across the nation. Hope your power stays on and the roads get cleared!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so cold! Stay in your pj's and stay warm. Loved your answers! Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentine's Day! snow looks pretty, but I am sure it can be upsetting after so many days. Hey I am a So Ca girl and we freeze at 50 degrees! I agree with you on that time change and I had to laugh when you said the whole store could hear you. Nothing better than some good chocolate! Enjoy your day!♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had every right to be livid about the change in work schedule and the docking of a point. Enjoy your PJ day today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have been upset too! Not a good way to treat employees. I hope you cooled down before you got your chocolates, sure wouldn't want them to melt! lol
    Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someone definitely needs to set them straight about changing times w/o notice. That is ridiculous. I am glad you got to stay in your PJ's today. Sounds like a great idea! And the chocolates sound wonderful...enjoy them as long as you can! Stay safe and warm. We had major rain storms earlier this afternoon. Kind of messed up the Daytona Race I guess. But all's well here for us. Had a great day.
    Take care and "don't sweat the small stuff, and remember it's all small stuff". I think Chuck Swindoll said that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A day in PJ's sounds just perfect!
    I would be mad about that schedule change too, especially when they marked it against you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That schedule change would have made me livid as well.

    What a cozy Valentine's Day. Just the way I like them best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo I would be livid too!! We are getting slammed with snow now too! I spoke too soon about what a mils winter we were having Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it does look like you had a good Valentine's Day. Gotta love a man that says, "Just stay in our PJ's all day". With the weather being so gloomy, rainy and yukky, that is about all I've felt like doing. I need some VIT D! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I would be furious about the schedule change! I hope you get some satisfaction when you talk to the manager today.
    A pj day sounds perfect. We woke up yesterday to everything being coated with ice. Since the grands had spent the night, when their parents came to get them we ended up making breakfast and eating together. We did brave Wally World in the afternoon (along with about 10,000 others) to get stocked up on groceries since it's to be kind of ugly weather all week. The place was insane...and they weren't all buying bread, milk, and toilet paper! lol Have a blessed week, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)