Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thankful Thursday-Retail Therapy

 Pre posting this for Thursday. My spirits were lifted today (Wednesday) as the temps reached 50* and it was quite sunny all day until about 3 ish then the skies opened up. Welcome to near spring time in NY where the temps and weather change on a dime. I did manage to get my hair cut, still shoulder length, longer layers.  My son also got his haircut and he no longer looks like a  hippie. We both walked in the house at nearly the same time and he goes, "Wow, Mom, looks nice, no more shaggy d.a. huh?" Same to you. grin...and that is how we roll. grin


How about some silly Thankful things?


While on lunch break the other day (Ok, truth be told, I had enough of the gossip in the break room, grin. So, I finished my lunch and took a walk), I happened upon the Clearance aisle (ok, my favorite aisle). I found Nail polish; Pink Like a Girl and Grey Suede. Each were under $2. I'll take it.


So, I painted my nails the Grey Suede. I like it. I probably should of painted them the Pink Like a Girl shade,  you know, to boost my mood. Maybe soon. No amount of lotion is keeping these hands from being dry, thanks Covid where handwashing and hand sanitizer are a must or in my case, have to wear gloves because I am allergic to hand sanitizer (have to wear gloves to hand out masks and deal with customers). Old hands/fingers are looking old...sigh. Oh wait, they are old, will be 54 next month.


Then I found boxes of hair color for $4. Eureka! I might have bought 8 boxes. What? ((grin))---so probably Friday evening I will color my hair and wash the gray out. I just haven't felt like doing so...


Then while at the hairdressers, she always use this 'magic elixir' that leaves my hair feeling soft (for baby fine thin hair, you would think I have soft hair, nope), finally I had the nerve to ask her what it was. She told me and also told me that my employer sells it, yep...so ordered it online; $10. Another Eureka.


So, my 30 year old Lasagna pan/dish bit the dust. Broke, sadly...Went to the Corning Outlet (since I have my mothers Corelle bakeware and dishes) and nope, no one has Lasagna pans/dishes. So, back online to Corelle (the Portofino one was out of stock and I did not want Pyrex as they stain) and off to online Walmart. HA-found a nice one at Walmart, so you can get it personalized; mine will say The Conley's Kitchen; $54 but with my discount it was only $40.  Yikes...I'll have to work 2 jobs... 


My husband, "You feel better now?" Why, yes, yes I do. grin---no, not really, very rarely do I buy anything for myself and I do feel guilty.


Sometimes, you just have too.


11 comments:

  1. We had a great day here as well...Sun was out, 50 degrees..the days are getting longer. Can't beat it... you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Fun post. Seems that working where you do does have its perks. It's always fun to find great deals. Glad you like your haircut. I look like a scarecrow (my shaggy look) and need to get a cut next week if I can. I was waiting for two weeks after my second Covid vaccine dose and that will be next week. I also need to get in to the dentist for a check-up and cleaning. I have been putting everything off. Charly gets his first Vaccine dose next Tuesday, so it will be a relief for me to get him vaccinated as well. Sounds like you are in a pretty good mood. Warmth and sunshine after a cold winter will do that. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, don't get me started on Old Hands Syndrome! Mine were never pretty to begin with, and now with all the hand-washing/sanitizing ... ugh. Love that grey suede polish. Yep -- two thumbs up for retail therapy!

    PS - Hope my comment yesterday didn't make you mad; I didn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You work hard and put up with a lot of crap for that paycheck! You deserve to treat yourself any time you want to! I love nail polish too and always have my nails painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retail Therapy is a very good thing sometimes. Sounds like you got some really good deals. Love that lasagna pan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, sometimes you just have to!
    Nice nail colors. It's been donkey's years since I've colored mine. Isn't it amazing how much nail polish costs now!? Wow. It's certainly not worth what they're charging.
    I've let my hair go Au Naturale about a year ago, which I'm sure has been noticed in the FB photos. It's a little darker with gray streaks. I like it. Gonna roll with it 'cause it's a whole lot less trouble. I don't mind looking (almost) 65. *giggle*
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! You needed to do some special things just for YOU for a change! I think a little retail therapy can go a long way in lifting spirits and improving our outlook on life, especially after being cooped up and/or held hostage by weather, governors, and other crazy things... Glad spring is finally springing up your way, little by little. That helps lift spirits too. God knows what we need and when we need it. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a fun time shopping - and got your hair done too!
    I like the nail color and hooray for cheap hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy your weather has improved along with your spirits! Glad you did a little self pampering too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, I just colored my hair yesterday. I use to do it on a regular basis but now it is when I feel like it. I have even thought of just going gray. I am 65 and have 4 grands but my daughter says no. I have been losing a lot of hair and coloring does not help. I do it myself to save money. Good that you got your new baking dish. I have one piece of corning ware that we have had since were married (46 years.) I have Cornelle too and it last forever. Glad you had your shopping therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a firm believer in retail therapy. I am also a firm believer in haircuts and nail polish. I am also a firm believer in "Come unto me all who labor and I will give you rest unto your souls." 50°? We have not seen that number this year yet. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)