Sunday, February 7, 2021

At this Point Sunday Salon...

 Thank you all for the kind comments from  yesterday, Yes,  Lou Dobbs was fired, dismissed, whatever you want to call it; Yes, someone threw something at me, and yes, snow is plentiful. I am also keeping all my friends in the south in prayer, tornado season is upon us/them. Ah, Maxine...she has it so right. Our worse weather here in the great white north comes from January to April.


At this Point Sunday Salon (last thought)...

Time: 8:03 am

Scene: Partly Sunny 13*, real feel is 5*. Expecting another winter storm to blow in.

Drinking: First cup of Breakfast in the Finger Lakes with Sweet Cream. 

On tap for the day: Suppose to head out to nephews for a Super Bowl thing. I really could careless and I suppose I ought to gleefully participate (look at all those to and I's in there, LOL). Unfort. All I really want to do is just be slumming it today.

Listening to: Nothing. The furnace clicked on, the dog is snoring, as is the hubby.

At this point...


I am dreaming of Gulf Shores, Alabama with its sugar white sand. I found this on YouTube and its from 2016. I don't believe much has changed. I am so ready to see some tropical weather, as much as I love the cold temps and snow, I am just dreaming of a better weather pattern.

19 comments:

  1. One of the best places in the USA in the winter.. Spent some time there. Beautiful beaches. Stay warm... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is...and if it wasn't for hurricane season, its a great place to live too. You stay warm too, looks like another storm will be moving in sooner than later, sigh.

      Delete
  2. Snowing here, but nothing to what you have had to deal with. Wishing you a blessed Sunday, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. snowing here...it is February afterall, sigh. Wishing you a great day, Robin.

      Delete
  3. You didn't ask, but I vote you go for 'slumming it.' 😜
    Tom's been so down and out about the weather, I may have to step up my efforts, getting him to agree to a beach get-away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I'm dressed and ready to go...because hubby ordered pizza to take with/pick up on the way. I am with Tom...the winter blues are just about to get me...which they never have before. sigh

      Delete
  4. Nothing like the white Gulf beaches! I agree!! Take a good book and curl up somewhere at the nephew's house and just ignore the guys and the game. Definitely have some pizza though!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I def. will love on the grand nieces and nephews and the baby...will get some "baby time" in, smiles...yes...on the pizza...I have no idea what Aeryn is making (our nephews wife)...but she always puts on a good thing, smiles.

      Delete
  5. We've been under a winter storm warning for the past 3 days and the snow keeps coming. It's 12 degrees at the moment - 8 when I got up this morning. I'm not a beach person, but warmer temps sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, its bitter cold here too...and still snowing, sigh...its Feb...and I am not a beach person, persay, just prop me up in a chair and I will be fine, LOLOL.

      Delete
  6. That Gulf Coast area is lovely. We've stopped there many a time en route to Texas. I like Texas but their Gulf Coast is not as pretty, to me anyway. I think it's 'cause North Florida, Alabama and Mississippi have more white sand.
    Not a fan of football. At all. And now that the NFL has made it clear they hate America, well, there you are. I'll never watch it now.
    I hope the crazy's leave you alone this week. Praying that all this nonsense will all be over for y'all soon.
    Love y'all. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well...according to my sil, they got a memo in (she works for ARC) and Cuomo is keeping the mask mandate in until summer 2022. YEP and that is according to Biden. sigh. We got the same memo, so ....nothing will change soon.

      Delete
  7. That's a lovely dream. I don't want to live in the south all year round, but I could be a snowbird quite happily. I hope you're surviving the Super Bowl thing. We haven't turned it on. Had the grands here for the first half and watched their shows. Have a good week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We left before the 2nd q was over with. I had to get home, since I have to be at work at 6:30 am. I could care less etc...I had baby and toddler time anyways,LOL.

      Delete
  8. Hi Linda, I finally got my computer back and it works just like a new one! We were in the 70's all week. We don't know what your kind of cold is like. We are freezing when the day is in the 50's! I like to see how you change your blog and enjoy the new decor! I hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to see you back. I hope you have a beautiful week ahead, smiles

      Delete
  9. Beautiful sandy beach! That's something in short supply on our rock bound coast.

    I sure hope Lou Dobbs finds his way back in a better venue than that swampy Fox network.

    Did you like the results of the Superbowl? I did based on a certain player who used to be a Patriot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, your video! How I'd love to bury my toes in the sand! I've never been to a beach in Alabama but I'm looking forward to Sarasota or Flagler sometime this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are doing well this week. Sorry I missed yesterday...it was a busy day and I am still playing catchup. I wish you could take a nice trip to the beach and just thaw out a while...at least until spring! LOL. Spring is springing up all over down here now...bluebirds flew into town yesterday and are taking up residence in the bluebird house on the pond. Lily and I are having fun watching them. Now I don't get anything done! Please take care of yourself and stay healthy and keep a happy thought. Keep on believing...God has a plan!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)