Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Meme Wednesday...

 Still falling behind...sorry about that. How about a Meme filled Wednesday?


Welcome to Tuesday 4 kept up in memory of our friend Toni Taddeo who began it several years ago.  She would be so pleased to see people keeping up with it!

1. How far away are you from where you grew up?

1,126 miles to be exact or a 17 hour drive.

2. Families sometimes move all over the country. Do you feel that a family should try to stay close together?

I use to think that families ought not live close by, but now...not so sure...I think families should be close by.

3. How many times have you moved in your life and would you like to share when and where you moved?

Too many to count. From Chicago to Fl. when I was like 7 yrs old. From Ocala, Fl to San Diego (when I was 18-living with my husband when he was in the Marines), from San Diego back to Ocala, from Ocala to Vero Beach (married by then), from Vero Beach to Walkill, NY, From Walkill to Hudson, NY, from Hudson to Tuscaloosa, Al, from Tuscaloosa to Northport, from Northport to Samantha, from Samantha, AL to Hornell, NY. AND now, thinking of moving again.

4. What brought you to where you are living now and are you happy there?

School, and my husband is from here/family ties, all his family is buried here. Was until the shutdown started last year and continues. Now, I am ready to get moving, literally.

----on that note...trusting the good Lord...and also, He also knows I am having a hard time in doing so. Hey, just  keeping it real.

Thanks for joining in!!



1. Your favorite cleaning product?

Mrs. Meyers 

Do you clean your own house or hire out?

Hire out? HA, I'm not rich.

 Most disliked household chore? 

cleaning toliets

What one chore do you not mind so much?

folding laundry 

 2. It's Canned Food Month...do you use a lot of canned goods?

Canned vegetables

 What are the three canned items you purchase most often?

Corn, green beans, peas

 Last thing you made using a canned ingredient? 

Hubby did use a can of tomatoes for the Spaghetti Sauce.

 3. Can of worms, anything can happen, can you imagine?, as best I can, kick the can down the road, more than one can take, no can do, not if I can help it...choose an idiom and tell us how you currently relate.

Can of worms? Prob. My employer is opening a can of worms--there is talk of ordering employees to wear double masks. That would be a NO, Alex, due to my asthma. I guess I won't have a job then. Working 8-9 hours in a mask is hard enough, you want us to wear two? Nope.

4.The last Tuesday in February is National Spa Day. Are you someone who enjoys a day at the spa? Last time you visited a spa? Do you have a favorite spa? Are salons open for business in your area? Have you made changes to your hair and nail routine since Corona hit? In what way? 

Haven't been to a spa in over 20 years, again, I am not rich. I have my haircut every 4-6 weeks (today is the day) and colored too. I paint my own nails.

 5. Believe it or not this is the last Hodgepodge of the month. In one sentence sum up your February. 

I'm tired of winter/snow.

 6. Insert your own random thought here.



14 comments:

  1. Hi Linda:
    I haven't been to a spa in a long time either.
    I get my hair cut at the hair dressers every 3 weeks and
    tomorrow is my day.
    I enjoyed your answers. Have a good day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt getting your hair done, great? I feel so much better, smiles. Have a beautiful rest of the week, friend.

      Delete
  2. Two masks? 🤦🏻‍♀️ No way. It is a challenge to wear one for an hour or two. I can't imagine doing what you do, Linda. We should thank those who have to work under these conditions, Who would have ever believed it was possible just a year ago? I no longer recognize the world we are living in. Praying for you guys as you zero in on the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...we shall see...my employer did an interview with a notable publication and stated they will follow CDC guidelines. Well, funny thing is, they sure are not following the NY mandates about not allowing folks in the store, unlike the Mom and Pops who are getting fined etc.

      Delete
  3. You have moved a lot. I am 1 1/2 hours from San Diego. We usually go there about once a year but not last year because of Covid. We will be in the 70's all week. I don't blame you for wanting to get out of where you live with all that cold. Schools should be opening up next month here. Then we can go to the beach again without all the kids there. Enjoy the rest of your week Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beachhhhhhhhhhhhhh (lol and smiling). I'll be right over, lolol.

      Delete
  4. Love your answers...I guess the furthest I moved is when I emigrated to the US to marry my MrD.. over 5,OOO miles.And yes..Im very happy
    And as for chores... I have to do them myself seeing as the Housework Fairy went on strike!
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phoebe, I have no doubt your happy, smiles...and that makes me happy. Truly it does. smiles

      Delete
  5. I have found a really easy way to clean the toilets. Spray several squirts of Tilex (or something similar, I make my own) in the bowl and in the tank. Let it sit for awhile. Unless it's SUPER grody, it smells nice and it's clean. If necessary, repeat. Clean the seat, handle, etc. with Clorox wipes, or make your own. Boom. You're done. Cool, huh?
    I pray that losing your job is the last option and it won't happen.
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Mrs. Meyers...again, thanks to the allergies and Asthma...sigh. Thanks Sparky, its all in the Lords hands, whatever happens, happens; I'm no looking for trouble etc...

      Delete
  6. Oh Linda, I think many of us are having trust issues right now. And I think the Lord expects us to have them at times. Do you have a favorite Mrs. Meyers product or scent? Hope the rest of your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rose or the Lemon Verbena. The guys hate the rose, they say its too girly, wink. Thanks Robin for the smiles. Since I have asthma and allergies, I only use Mrs. Meyers cleaning products.

      Delete
  7. I can't imagine wearing double masks all day long while working. It's all I can stand to put on one mask when we go into a store or at church for an hour. We try to avoid places where we might have to wear a mask for a long period of time. Thankfully we are retired. I am sorry for all the stuff you have to put up with at work, etc. Praying for some good news and someplace wonderful to move to soon. I can imagine you are tired of winter. I would be too by this time. "The thrill is gone". We eat canned green beans, beets, and tomatoes for soups and chili,etc. But I prefer fresh or frozen other vegetables like corn, peas, broccoli and squashes. Canned baked beans and other kinds of beans. Had refried beans and burritos the other day. One of our faves. Gotta go, but just know we are praying for you to find that special job and place SOON. God will take care of the move once you find the place. Lily Grace sends her love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad we have almost made it to Spring. I'm so sick of winter.
    I like family living close.
    I like Mrs Meyer too - and I clean my own house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)