Wednesday, which means day off. I am / we are also grieving the loss of Joe, sweet blogging friend Terri's husband. Please keep Terri and her family in prayer.
Welcome to Tuesday 4 continued in the memory of Toni Taddeo, its original author.
1.What's your favorite thing to do when you have time on your hands?
I like to read or just sit with hubby who is usually watching tv.
2. Company coming tonight for dinner what do you cook?
2. Company coming tonight for dinner what do you cook?
A pan of lasanaga or if its summer, we will BBQ.
3. The weather is perfect outside, how would you spend the day?
3. The weather is perfect outside, how would you spend the day?
Outside. Those days are rare here in the great white North, currently with snow on the ground and bitter cold. I have to say, I am dreaming of flip flops, warm weather and seeing the ocean looking at houses in Fl.
4. It's morning and you just got up, what do you have for breakfast?
4. It's morning and you just got up, what do you have for breakfast?
Its a quick thing at 5 am and lasts me until lunch break at noon or whenever they decide to give me my break. {{ROLLING EYES-Capital letters}}
1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on Ash Wednesday which signals the beginning of Lent. Do you mark this season in some way?
No
If so tell us more. Did you grow up 'celebrating' Lent? Is attending church part of your weekly routine? Are churches open for in-person worship where you live?
No. I better leave it at that.
2. When is the last time you sat beside a 'real' fire?
Since we moved from Alabama, 7 years ago.
Do you have a fireplace in your home? Wood or gas logs?
Nope.
Favorite thing cooked over a fire?
My husband does a "mean" BBQ. ((aka great))
3. Something that's currently got you fired up?
Politics--better leave it at that.
4. February also happens to be National Cabbage Day. Who knew? Do you like cabbage?
Yes, but only if its Sarma.
Is cabbage on your menu Wednesday? No
Of the following cabbage dishes which is your favorite-coleslaw (mayo or vinegar?), sauerkraut, cabbage rolls, cabbage soup, kielbasa and cabbage, grilled cabbage, bubble and squeak, kimchi, or haluski?
My late grandma's Sarma.
5. Do you hang on to pennies? What do you do with them?
Yes, we have a Conley Savings and Loan can, ok, 2 cans now. Both are nearing $200-tmi.
Last thing you purchased for $1.00?
I accidently broke my glass water bottle yesterday at work, so I bought a bottle of water.
Last thing you purchased for $5.00?
That would be today, once I get around:
for the record, since once again, I was late getting out yesterday, I did NOT feel like getting the soap then. I got the heck out of there.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
For the 1st time in 7 years, I feel the need for change. However, like my good friend, Ann says, "It's due to so many things going on; Covid, Pandemic restrictions, work etc." Probably so. And each day we get closer to making major decisions and to where. My husband, "Linda, if I can find a house with a pool so and so and you can drive to work near the ocean, would that be ok?" Why, yes, I think it would be. BTW, the State of Florida is open for business, just saying. Bigly. Jobs are plentiful. Just saying.






Happy Wednesday, Linda! I enjoyed reading your responses to the questions, but I have a question. What is Sarma? Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteSarma is a stuffed cabbage, I will have the recipe up tomorrow, s miles.
DeleteOh Linda, I laughed out loud at the beach therapy being covered by health insurance! YES GIRL...YES!!!!!!! I am borrowing that one! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeletegrin, go ahead and take it, LOL. I found it online...smiles
DeleteI'm going to have to investi-Google 'what is Sarma' -- looks delish! I remember loathing New Years Eve because - instead of getting all dressed up and 'doing the town - my former husband and I'd be boiling cabbage and making scads of cabbage rolls for our annual NY Day open house. (Steamy, stinky kitchen -- ugh.)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to read your move is still 'on' ... central Florida's only an 8-hour drive!
Who knows where we will end up...all I know is, we both agree change has to happen. Sarma is indeed cabbage rolls. smiles
DeleteHi Linda:
ReplyDeleteOn your Tuesday4Meme, we do the same on #2.
On your Hodge Podge Wednesday, my husband also does a "mean" BBQ.
I love BBQ.
I enjoyed your answers on both.
Have a good Wednesday.
https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/
You too Gloria...smiles
DeleteI hope you will be able to move where you want. I'm looking forward to visiting Florida next month.
ReplyDeletegrin...who knows where we will end up...its just time for change...smiles
DeleteHi Linda, maybe Florida will be the place for you. Warm beaches sounds so nice. We are about 40 minutes from the beach. We would go more often if it was not for the traffic. What is Sarma? The picture looks good. Enjoy your day!♥
ReplyDeleteWell, I have posted the recipe for tomorrow...Sarma is Croatian stuffed cabbage. smiles
DeleteOh my gosh I would love to move to Florida. I just need to talk my daughter and son-in-law into moving too. Can't move that far from my grandsons. Not yet anyway! I love those "Just Crack An Egg's" So convenient and really good!
ReplyDeleteWho knows where we will end up...my folks and brothers still in live in Fl ---have so for 50 years. I didn't think I would like Just Crack an Egg, but I do. smiles
DeleteI love that you are considering moving to Florida. Yes, there are jobs and there is so much to enjoy here year round. However, be aware, the pay scale is not the same as NY, but then again, the cost of living and no taxes, etc., make it a much more affordable place to live. It sure would be nice to have you in our state...maybe then we can plan to officially meet with other friends in this state of near (like GA). That would be great fun!! Take care and rest up while you can.
ReplyDeleteHouses are very expensive, but then again, the taxes not so much. We shall see, my friend...we shall see.
DeleteSounds encouraging that plans may be in the works... even just to dream...
ReplyDeleteMy husband, "So, up north we have lots of snow and 4 seasons, down south there are tornadoes and hurricanes a nd 4 seasons. What to do? We vowed to never go back south again." Yep...and here we are...who knows...Bunk...who knows. All I know is, change has to happen, that is something we both agree on.
DeleteI love cabbage anything! But stuffed cabbage the Russian way is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad about Joe and am praying hard for Terri.
ReplyDeleteI've had those break an egg things - they are good!
Snow and cold, -7 this morning and it keeps snowing!
I'm so sorry too, about Terri's husband Joe, so sad!
ReplyDeleteAs for Florida, it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there, and I say this in the middle of a NY February! It IS a beautiful place to visit though!
Hi Linda. I have heard Florida is nice. Never been there. It's certainly warmer than New York. I like those "Just Crack an Egg" breakfast things but haven't bought any for a while. It's always interesting to stop by your blog. See you again soon.
ReplyDeleteWith all the people heading for Florida, it may drop off. 🌴 A beach, a pool, warmth, and a good governor? Excellent reasons for heading out and leaving misery behind.
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm so late to the party. Can't seem to get organized this week.
ReplyDeleteI'm deeply grieved at Terri's loss. It seems like it was so sudden. Breaks my heart and I've been praying for her.
I enjoyed your answers.
Love & Prayers xx