Sunday, November 2, 2025

Rolling into November..

 Good morning...Currently rolling into November...did you remember to set your clocks back?


Weather: A crisp 52*, not as crisp as yesterday. But, nonetheless, still crisp. Sun is coming up, and it promises to be another beautiful day here in central Florida.


Listening to: hubby telling me that the Dodgers won last night.

Going to Read: I actually bought two "new" books from Ollies:


Deliveries: Did you know Ocala has one Amazon Distribution center and one warehouse. I don't know who our delivery driver is, but they do a great job and always setting the packages on the doorstep. One pool cover, a set of spindles for the lawnmower and

I love E.LF. products. The makeup lasts all day. And my grandmother swore on Coty Air spun face powder, and I have been using it for over 30 years. Plenty of tutorials on how to use eye makeup for us mature women, LOL. I just love these eyeshadow sticks and have long given up the powder ones. 

and another delivery coming today (ordered dress pants and some makeup organizers)

Halloween Candy: 


Guilty. We had 3 trick or treaters and in truth, we did leave at 7 to go get something to eat, so really, I couldn't tell you if there anymore trick or treaters. So guilty, my downfall in life, candy. LOL

Thinking: Marshalls/Home Goods: Ok, pet peeve...why are you playing gosh awful rap Christmas thumping music. Let's go back to classic, jmo. I am NOT "hip" or young enough to enjoy that kind of music.


I did buy these and I love them. I tried an off brand, and they were uncomfortable and found these from Spain- Autenti...wow, what a difference. Like the Italian slides I bought last year. I did by pair of black capris with cute little rhinestones on the hem; they didn't even have the coffee pods I usually buy. And the store was crowded; wow was it ever and decked out for Christmas, already. Oh wait, it is November. Never mind.

Loving: this weather. Loving, loving, loving.

Feeling:


My husband wants to know why I am wearing a blanket--well, I am cold. LOL--he is asking me about turning on the heat/furnace. Not. 😂 

Doing today: ok, in random order:

finishing laundry
cleaning bathroom(s)
what's for dinner?
putting away Halloween stuff

Making me Laugh:


Just wait until noon, it will change, LOL.


Accurate, we are somewhere between 80% and what's a fireplace, LOL.
P.S. Yes, my husband feels awful about the scratch on my vehicle. It took me 24 hrs. to get over. So, yeah, I'm ok now.

Have a great day all.

16 comments:

  1. The shoes you picked up look mighty comfortable, Linda. I hope you enjoy the books you picked up. I don't know why places need to play the thump-thump music and always too loud. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did remember the clock change! I like the shoes. I find now that I'm older that it pays to pay a little more and be comfortable. (31 degrees here right now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, that first scratch is always the worst. After that... meh. It's life in a car that gets driven and parked with other cars and trucks that drive by spitting rocks. Yep. But the first one hurts. I am also loving this weather!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know about the Coty powder, Linda. I've never tried the ELF products, but found a similar "creme-to-powder" eyeshadow stick (Julep Beauty) that I love.
    How wonderfully fun these memes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got such a kick out of your Florida memes, Linda, especially the last one. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. The new books look interesting. I am now trying to get rid of books instead of buy more. I hope you have a good Sunday. Rest and relax. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the cooler weather. Dressing warmer for the early morning bike rides. I have started walking after the bike. By the time I'm done with that, I've peeled off my jacket and gloves. But at least we're not shuffling through (nor shoveling) snow, right?!

    I need to look up your eyeshadow sticks. I know nothing about them. As I age and my eyesight isn't as keen, applying eye liner has become more of a chore, but I look better with it than without.

    Still remembering to include you in prayer in the morning hours as you head to work.... hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our local Ace Hardware plays that crap music. Next time I'm in there gonna have a talk with the owner (we all know one another). It's got to stop! Ugh!
    Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite Holiday because there's no gifts just lots of food and friends or family together. Love that.
    The Florida weather one ... yeah, spot on!
    It was very cold here then it warmed up this afternoon.
    Love. 🦃

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, my friend! Cozy down there!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not ready for it to be so cold, but it is supposed to warm back up some this week.
    Christmas rap sounds awful! :( Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandmother used Coty airspun. She had a flawless complexion. i use it as well but am looking for eye liner that doesn't flake or smear and lasts. Maybe I will try ELf for eyeliner. I m happy to hear the weather has calmed down for Florida and I sure hope you get to enjoy it more through the rest of the year. Marry Christmas my friend.! (also tired of the rock and roll Christmas tunes.. )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Birkenstock clog knockoffs and I love love love them, Cushionaire they're called, and they have wide widths! I wore them to Norway last year, and my feet didn't hurt at all walking through the endless Copenhagen airport, although shh, my knees killed, ha. I don't like shopping when the stores are crowded, and I agree about the Christmas music, keep it classic. The capris sound really lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Speaking of HomeGoods...I recently needed a potato peeler (somehow mine was thrown away) and it was only $3.99! That's cheaper than Walmart! Also, I found some coffee pods for only $4.99, which is cheaper than Kroger. I've noticed they are way cheaper than Hobby Lobby for baskets and such. I went back the next day and bought four more boxes of coffee pods.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did remember to set the clocks back, I wish they would pick one or the other and leave it alone. jmho I'm loving this weather too, been on the porch a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish they'd wait and play the Christmas music after Thanksgiving, but that's just me. I don't usually shop until after Thanksgiving anyway, so I really don't care what they play, but I don't like rap Christmas music at all. Your shoes look comfy and your new pants outfit sounds really nice. I don't know about that eye makeup. I'd probably stick it in my eyeball. I don't wear much eye makeup anymore, just a little bit of brush on shadow, and mascara when I'm going someplace dressed up. Oh, and eyebrow pencil...my eyebrows have faded too much and I need my eyebrows. LOL. The weather sure has been beautiful, even if we DO need rain so badly. I feel sad about our pond and the lack of geese and wild ducks, etc., but am not happy about the Muscovy ducks. I don't know why they like it here without any water. (the hope of catfood is their only goal). Anyway, I hope and pray you have a blessed and beautiful week all week long. It sure is pretty right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)