Good morning...The week sure flew by.
Weather- 60* bright and sunny. Another 85* day is on tap.
Reading-Nothing at the moment, I haven't cracked any books--nope.
Watching--Since the traffic was so heavy last night, it took me nearly an hour and half to get home...so by the time I got home it was the last of the Laura Ingram show, Jesse Watters and Lottery Dream Home.
Listening-hubby asking me what we're doing today; get gas in my truck, haircuts and stop by the store.
Thinking:
--how can next week be Thanksgiving?
-- The last thing on my camera/phone--my husband found a Univ. of Florida-Gator plate at the thrift store for $3 and he was kind enough to put it on my truck. A pink one at that. It's a losing season for them this year. Hopefully the new incoming coach (whoever that might be) will bring the program back to the Fighting Gators.
--On the way home this week, I noticed a lot of folks are putting up lights etc. I wish I thought of taking photos. The Ford dealership on 441 has these great big blue metal trees up and quite a few horse farms have white ones up. They are beautiful. I had forgotten tonight is Light up Ocala at the downtown square.
--Someone asked me via comments where do I find the backgrounds for here. Well, Designer Blogs and Cute and Cool.
--Thinking--since hubby won't entertain the thought of putting up Christmas until Thanksgiving, I would get started here at the blog. 😉
Feeling/Enjoying-you know, enough of this 85*. I know, I know, it's Florida. The mornings are cool and by mid-morning, it's pretty warm. I see the weather will change next weekend, so the weather guy says. 🙄
Making me giggle-queue the funny Santa stuff.
Last thought-Nothing makes sense anymore, so go ahead and enjoy the holiday season.
-Wishing you all a great day!





I have never put up Christmas before Thanksgiving and my husband protested - but we did it yesterday! I need to finish today, but it feels good to have it done!
ReplyDeleteI cannot figure out how people can put up Christmas trees/decor before Thanksgiving...it's like two worlds colliding...orange and browns with red and green? Pumpkins with Candy Canes and Holly berries and Red poinsettias? It's just too much confusion for me. I like to keep my holidays separate. Besides, I just don't have the energy to bake a turkey, pumpkin pies and sweet potato casserole while trying to string lights on a Christmas tree. Anyway, to each his own. I like to keep my pilgrims separate from the snowmen and angels. Don't want them getting into a snow ball fight or throwing pumpkins at each other. LOL. Your pink gator plate is so cute. Sadly they haven't done so well this year...but hopefully they'll get over it and move ahead. yes, it has been rather warmish these past few afternoons. I like what I see for next week, however...much more seasonal weather! I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteI don't "do" Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Lots of folks are already decorated here, though. I'm tired of it by Christmas and can't imagine doing it before. But that's just me. Thanks for the background links!! Have a good weekend. xo
ReplyDeleteChristmas at our house always has to wait it's turn until the Thanksgiving dishes are done. Pam's comment cracks me up. Yours is such a fun playground.
ReplyDeleteThank you for these links!
I'm a definitely wait until after Thanksgiving gal. Truth be told, I usually don't decorate much before the 14th or 15th because it usually stays up until the first weekend in January. But I'm also of the mindset, that if it makes you happy then go for it. Enjoy your evening and your Sunday, Linda.
ReplyDelete