Sunday, November 23, 2025

Currently Sunday...

 Good morning...Currently Sunday and another unusual warm start to the day. It's already 71* at 9 am.

Hmm...I have to think on above...it is way too warm and sticky out to do so. I do believe Florida is in a drought, no rain and no hurricanes. Here we are nearing the end of the hurricane season. Anyways...

What's going on? Oh nothing. Nothing important on the Conley compound. So, you want to see boring? Wanna see our desks?🙄


Both our desks have so much Knick knacks on it.


That would be our late sons Tablet, funny thing is it is so encrypted no one can get it open. I had a mental breakdown last Saturday while at Geek Squad. Those people tried so hard and the guy finally gave up and said, "Listen guys, your son sure was smart." I broke down and cried like a baby...sometimes that grief just rolls in. So, there it sits on my husband's desk. I.AM. OK. Just keeping it real.

Speaking of grief--just because I am keeping it real. The 4th anniversary of his passing is coming up and let me tell you, if it wasn't for my faith and a good therapist, I would be nothing/nowhere. You heard me right; someone took a vested interest me at work and pointed me in a direction I never saw coming. It's ok folks to get help, truly it is. And there is my little dirty secret, this person sent me for help, little did I know I needed it.

Life has- been so busy lately and I have mounds of laundry to put away and probably iron too. 


Yeah, I should be ashamed...and I am. Sigh...life just gets in the way, as does exhaustion from working a full-time job and the drive to and from work. I was telling my mom this and we both agreed it's the drive truly it is. She was wondering how I deal with this traffic, sigh...not very well. sigh.

Saw-the parents yesterday. Oh, my how talkative they were. I kept thinking I was in some sort of alternative universe.😁😉

Thanksgiving plans? Hmm...I do have a 15 lb turkey and a ham in the freezer. We do have plans for the day after, but the day of...hubby said since it will be warm on Wednesday, maybe a beach day? Ok, I'm in...but for Thanksgiving? Not sure. 

Doing-I have to work Monday and Tuesday. Hubby is out washing the trucks/vehicles and detailing my truck. Me? Well, sitting here of course.😎

Making me laugh:


And lastly...


Have you noticed a lot of stores have the Grinch? What's up with that? Walmart is all decorated with the Grinch. Even tv commercials, folks, get rid of this. It isn't funny. I actually prefer and like the new Target commercials:


I laugh myself silly and hubby is like, "You ain't right, Linda." lolol

Have a great day all.

13 comments:

  1. I haven't seen either the Walmart or the Target commercials. The one I am enjoying (even though I don't shop Amazon) is the one with the three "grandmas" sledding down the hill. I hope you are able to get in some beach time this week, Linda. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Yes, this is a really tough time of the year for you. I remember well when you reached out and told me of Liam's passing. I am so glad that you have a faith in God to sustain you. I know you will be with Liam again one day, in God's timing. I am also glad you are seeing a therapist. I have been seeing one since my husband had the stroke and that was in November of 2017 - eight years ago now. It has helped immensely, and I am glad someone took an interest in you and pointed you in that direction. It's good you are seeing your parents again. I am convinced that we all need to make peace with our parents and upbringing eventually, or it will be our undoing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend. Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have a therapist, I can't imagine going through what you've been through. Going through that without faith would be impossible.
    I haven't seen the commercials you mentioned, but I sure do like the Grandmas sledding one from Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this time of year can't be easy for you in the least, Linda, but I'm so glad to know you have a therapist who you trust to help you. None of us should ever be afraid to ask for help when things are rough and sad memories resurface. Keeping you in prayer, dear friend. On a lighter note, that Target commercial is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((((HUGS)))) to you today. I am glad to know there are some caring and thoughtful people there at work, and I pray that God will continue to bring healing to you and Dave both, one day at a time. Losing a loved one, especially a child, is not something you EVER get over, trust me, I know this personally. But it does get better with time as we are better able to keep his memory alive in our hearts, and still be able to go on with living, knowing that this life is only temporary, and the one to come is for eternity...where we will be able to see and hold and enjoy the presence of our dear ones again forever...no sickness there, no sorrow there...lasting joy and peace. I look forward to that day more and more with every passing day, and I rejoice that our loved ones are not having to deal with the pain and suffering of this present world any more. One day it will all make sense to us, but until then, keep moving forward one step at a time, and let your light shine for all the world to see. There's so much darkness here, and we need to let Jesus shine through us to give them the hope we have. Have a blessed Thanksgiving my friends. God is with you in every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't think I've gone over the edge, but perhaps Liam may come to you in a dream with the 'key' to his tablet. Something similar once happened to my father, so yes. I'm a believer. This is the season for miracles.
    I'm so glad you're finding a weight lifted, having a trusted someone to talk with. No "dirty little" anything; you're so strong to do so.
    I hope this new week of Thanks-living treats you and Dave wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt, Myra, he is laughing. I swear, I can hear him. lol

      Delete
  7. I rarely see a commercial anymore because I stream everything and don't have live TV. Cute Target commercial though! I also haven't been out and about shopping, so haven't noticed the Grinch theme. Gosh... what's up with me!? Wishing you and Dave a good Thanksgiving, whatever you decide to do! Sending a hug! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, every time you mention the tablet not being opened, I wonder if it's better left alone. You may not want to see what's on there, especially since it's so heavily locked. I pray you will find some peace over that. In other news...have a wonderful Thanksgiving/beach day! And yay to hurricane season coming to a close! I hope I never see another one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just telling my husband this. Our son was big on keeping passwords safe etc. --he worked for the gov. and knew how to encrypt etc. I told my husband to just leave this alone. And for the record, I do believe I can hear Liam just a laughing.

      Delete
  9. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving no matter what you decide to do. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's very strong and smart of you to get help with the grieving. It's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I did that in my teens. My Mom died when I was 10 yrs old but the grief wouldn't let go (long story - cruel father - etc). Anyway, the therapist really helped. Like Pam said the pain never goes away but it does get better. With Jesus, anything is possible.
    About the Tablet try going through all of Liam's things again. I guarantee he had to write the password(s) down somewhere. Bet you've got it on a paper somewhere and didn't even know it.
    Love and prayers 💗

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whatever you do for Thanksgiving I hope the day is wonderful. Liam was very protective of you. He locked that tablet for a good reason. I know you will lean on God and I know He will take good care of you. Hugs... and many prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)