Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sunday Stealing...

 Joining in on the Sunday Stealing.


Name Your Favorite…

    Place: The beach
     
Color: I like the colors of autumn but prefer to wear jewel tones. All these women at work like to wear black, no thanks, the cameras/security can see me coming a mile away, just saying, grin.

    Smell: The beach/ocean. Nothing like salt air to clear up what ailes you, lol.

    Magazine: Have you seen the cost of them? No thanks. I used to like Martha Stewart, it just got too expensive.

    Texture: The beach? I don't know.

    Thing to do when bored: Watch movies and play on the computer.
   
    Precious stone: Since I was born in March, I like the Aquamarine. Although, I won't turn down any precious stones except the opal, bad luck to have one if ones not birth month is October.

    Animal: 



    Time in history: Don't have a particular one.

    Font: It's called Dancing Script

    Sound: Laughter, the ocean 

    Fruit: Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, 

    Vegetable: Corn on the cob
 
    Store/shop: I prefer thrift / secondhand stores.

    Quote:



    Historical figure: Don't have one.

    Letter: Don't have one.

    Memory: Trying to hold steadfast on memories of our son. Just keeping it real.

    Dessert: Tiramisu

    Candy: Lindt/Lindor

    Restaurant:

The Cuban; pork, ham, mayo, mustard, pickles. We stopped at Tom's Cuban Cafe yesterday.

 
Don't have one. I like living back here where Cuban, Jamaican and Puerto Rican food is the norm.

    Language: English

    Thing to learn about: Patience, I have very little.

    Thing about yourself: I am brutally honest and that often causes issues.


We are headed out to friends, another friend has a carport (the house is being sold) and the guys are marking it, taking it down and will get here to our house eventually-sometime this week. Have a beautiful day folks.

14 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading about your favorites! That Cuban sandwich looked delicious, but hold the mayo on mine. Mayo is not a favorite. LOL Awesome news about the carport coming to live at your house, Linda! Love the new blog look! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes on magazines! I can't believe how expensive they've become.
    Happy for you on the carport too. That will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "Dancing Script" font. Pretty.
    These metal carports are grand. I think y'all will really appreciate the shade. The young fellas that put ours in secured it well. It never wobbles in the wind or gets scary. Well done guys!
    Love & Prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear a lot of black, but usually pair it with a bright shirt or something. Using lots of black makes it easy to mix and match pieces...a good thing for me who is completely uncreative when it comes to clothes. I love corn on the cob, but haven't had much of it this summer...it was a bad year for it here and it's been running about $10/dozen! Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers, hope you're enjoying a beautiful day too.☺♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that you are getting a car port. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not 'that into' precious stones, but that's really interesting about the opal. Wish I might find a good Cuban cafe around here; not so much the food, but I used to be addicted to a real Cuban coffee and drove miles out of my way each weekday morning to get a to-go cup. Maybe I'll try and find that place if I ever make it back to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for getting a carport!! Keep us posted, please!! I enjoyed your answers, Linda, and now I really, really want some corn on the cob. Grocery run tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your answers and learning a little more about you. Hope you are having a great Monday. That Cuban sandwich looks rather good...Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite font is Dancing Script!!
    Fun...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed reading your answers Linda. Oh girl...nothing like the sound of the ocean. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, you're getting a carport? That's great. Any shade is better than none at all. Regarding the price of magazines: they cost more now than paperback books cost a few years ago. I no longer buy them, either (mags). Besides, they just make me want more stuff and I got rid of a lot last year. Don't want to accumulate again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, March is my birth month, too. (2nd) So we share a month and a birthstone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hippo!! So you are getting the carport? That will be really nice! I like tiramisu also. Hope you are keeping cool. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)