Sorry y'all, I never made it to other blogs yesterday. My intentions were good though.
Time: Nearly 8 am. Yep, I slept in. I did get up at 5 and looked at the clock and was like, "Yeahhhhhh nope." lol
Scene: feels like 73*, humidity is 96%, dewpoint is 72*. Sunny. Yep, balmy.
Drinking: My first cup of coffee; Community Breakfast Blend with Italian Sweet Cream.
Thinking/Pondering:
~watching the Gulf. It looks like Idalia will hit Wednesday along the Gulf Coast. Looks to be a rain maker for us.
~so, this will alter our grocery plans. Hubby doesn't want a full fridge/freezer just in case the electric goes out. NOT anticipating that, but one never knows. He will go over and pick up a friend's extra generator tomorrow or so-the rain is supposed to start Tuesday.
~We didn't make it to the store or haircuts (probably will wait on the haircut) yesterday. Visted the folks, stopped and got priced for windows (we currently have the metal single pane), doors and awnings priced etc. All depending on the weather situation now.
~Stopped here and there thrift stores (bought some glass pumpkins things to decorate for fall), TJ Maxx (bought to 2 pairs of shoes, Nellies laundry detergent (my favorite)) and a blouse for work.
~Had a late lunch/early dinner at Piesanos. Large sausage pizza and a Greek salad.
~We realized it was near 5 and we figuratively ran out of go go juice...the heat wiped us out.
![]() |
| (Oct. Nov. here) |
So, I did notice while out and about yesterday, every single store has fall stuff out. EVERY.SINGLE.STORE. PEOPLE ITS A BILLION -ZILLION DEGREES HERE. LOL-just saying. It is NOT feeling very fallish here and it sure seems funny to me. So, yeah...although I did buy some fall items, but they will not go out until say Oct. or Nov. Just saying. lol




I'll be praying the worst of the storm misses you!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd the stores here also are going crazy with Fall decorations...I just can't get into the spirit of it with all this heat!!
STAY SAFE GIRLFRIEND!
hughugs
Donna
Hi Linda. I hope you have a good Sunday and that the storm isn't too bad when it hits. We have had quite a bit of rain in the last week from Hurricane Hilary that hit California and also the tropical storm that went through Texas. Both storms pushed rain clean up into Utah. I hope things are going well. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteIt doens't feel like Autumn here either in eastern New York although thankfully that nasty high humidity of July has gone away. Today's breeze has a hint of fall in it but.....i don't put out autumn decor until Autumn actually begins....usually the third or 4th week of September I start putting out the apples, leaves, a couple pumpkins. Most of my stuff waits until October. And since I don't like pumpkin spice drinks I just keep drinking my fave starbucks blend hahaha
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a relaxing Sunday!
We're looking forward to the storm. They always bring us lots of much needed rain.
ReplyDeleteThese stores have ruined the holidays and seasons. It's way too early to be thinking of these things.
Watching Noraly (Itchy Boots) right now. Remember her? She's still touring the world on two wheels. This time she's in Africa and because of the dangerous climate, is leaving it early. Wise choice. There is so much unrest everywhere.
Y'all have a great week.
Love & Prayers xx
I hope that storm doesn't hit you bad!
ReplyDeleteIt's cooling off here, I'm afraid Fall will come early. :(
Enjoy your day!
I'm the same way. I don't put out my Fall stuff until after the first day of Fall. Same here, it is usually warm. However, I can see and feel the beginnings of Fall in my area. It could be 98 during the day but the low starts to get into the 70's. I notice the geese flying in and the shadows cast during the day. It's cooler in the evenings and we can sit out. And when we go 30 minutes away into the higher elevations, I can see the trees starting to get their Fall color. It is totally my favorite time of the year.
ReplyDeleteNew windows are nice. We replaced all the windows in our home and I just love them. Have a great week, Linda and I will be thinking of you come Wednesday.
I agree with you about fall. One year I saw a department store decked out for Christmas BEFORE Halloween!!!!
ReplyDeleteDo you know if Barb from Sweet Tea and Sandals is ok? I see her blog has been taken down!
Like you, I have noticed all the fall stuff out in the stores. A popular saying on Hobby Lobby knick knacks is "Hello Pumpkin!"
ReplyDeleteWe feel ready for whatever "Idalia" may bring.
Nvm I found Barbara. phew!
ReplyDeleteHoping the storm doesn't cause you any problems. I'm glad y'all will be prepared, though. The weather here is about 78 degrees and the humidity is in the high 80's. It would be nice if not for that. The stores here have the fall stuff out but not the Halloween stuff except for candy (have you seen the price of one of those mixed bags this year? wowzers!) I have bought several fall decorations, but I don't care what the weather is like....I'm decorating next weekend. I've had a lot of pumpkin spice flavored treats, too. I highly recommend the pumpkin spice Oreos. Soooo goood!
ReplyDeleteWe are getting some rain right now but it is blowing in from the Atlantic. The Gulf mess will start Tuesday/Wednesday. Hoping for just rain and some easy wind. I've got appointments this week I don't want to miss. Pre-op for my cataract surgery on Thursday. Fingers crossed!! Have a blessed week ahead, Linda (and Dave)!!
ReplyDeleteYes, that storm seems to be heading in your direction, Linda. Keep safe, and let's do fall when it actually is the season.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Hope you had a blessed Sunday, Linda! Glad you are able to borrow a generator! We are watching the storm and praying that we get some of the after rains from it. Hope you have a good week. Be safe out there!
ReplyDeleteHope the storm will not hit your area or where my girls are. Stay safe and yes, I agree it's too early for the fall stuff.
ReplyDeleteOh, its almost time to start dinner...and now I'm thinking a large pizza and salad sounds so yummy:)
ReplyDeleteI heard Florida was about to get hit! Stay safe and hopefully you'll just get some much needed rain.
ReplyDelete