Friday, August 4, 2023

Currently...

 



...sitting at a desk in our hotel room in the dark. Trying to be quiet and not wake the husband as it is only 5:30 am.

...reflecting on the long 20-hour day yesterday:

the most glorious sunrise from the airplane 30,000 feet in the air. (or whatever it was in the air)


Started off at 11:30 pm, had to leave the house at 1 am, Drive to Orlando, go through TSA etc. Board the plane, got to Rochester and met up with my husband's other brother who flew in from Atlanta, got the rental car, drove down to Hornell, found a hotel 16 miles away in Bath...visited other family etc. Finally got back to our hotel at 8pm. Had a nice sleep. Another busy day closing accounts, paying the funeral director etc.

Rochester Airport. So different than Orlando International which is a culture shock of wonders.


...the weather here in upstate NY. Sigh...not escaping the heat and humidity that is for sure. It is currently 67*, cloudy, humidity 81%, dewpoint 61*. Under a threat for severe weather today.

...Thinking I have to stand up for myself and say NO to all this activity going on here. Yes, time on Earth is precious, I get it...but I cannot do another day like yesterday. I am.not.the.energizer.bunny. Nor do I have the desire to be so.

...I am thinking being back here is like being in some foreign country. I personally must have been cuckoo for cocoa puffs to live here for 8-9 years. And if I hear one more time, "Yous ain't from around here, are yous?" I am going to scream bloody murder. Because...


I am from the south, we have manners, don't outright swear, don't walk around with tats everywhere on the body, not rude etc. Just saying. Seeing things in a different light now. What two different worlds we live in.


...thinking I probably ought to get a life, LOLOL. you know, for being so mean about the lifestyle up here. I can't believe we survived up here...just thinking how good we have it now. Alot of these places up here still have covid procedures set in place and are afraid to change etc.

...thinking I probably ought to get around and shower etc. Its nearly 6 am now...have a full day of having to close bank accounts, move this or that around, settle accounts (running around settling debts of my husband's late brother/estate). Dealing with this or that. The funeral is tomorrow.


Buttttttttttttt do I gotta? Just saying. LOL

15 comments:

  1. I could never live up north or anywhere they don't say "I'm fixin' to" :) Sounds like you'll need a good nap after this trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High fiving you on that your thought of a nap. grin. Have a great day friend!

      Delete
  2. I was born in Connecticut. People use to be friendly...but now, I live in Texas for the last 70 of almost 72 years. The more people that are flooding in here, it's becoming a place of meanness...and give-mes!
    It's ruining most states...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your husband during this time, Linda. I really liked the two Southern graphics you put up in your post today. I am chuckling a bit because that sentence that begins with "Yous ain't..." definitely shows their ignorance. I hope the day goes smoothly and things that need doing don't have too many hurdles to jump over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah I" cracking up about your comments regarding western NY. Totally different world than here in eastern NY/the capital region for sure! We have NO covid procedures in place here. Life is pretty much back to normal and no one even talks about covid. How strange that you're experiencing that in the Hornell area. hm.......

    We've had PERFECT summer weather here. lows in the 60s and 70s. bright blue sky, sunshine, breezy. and no high humidity. Probably western NY had a big old storm that made things humid again. Or....perhaps you are just in a complaining mood from being over tired?

    EMBRACE the vacation. be still and KNOW HE is God. He loves you, sees you, and cares about all of your struggles. I hope you have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, slow down! It WAS nice earlier in the week here in NY, sunshine and dry...I daresay you brought the humidity with you ha. This morning, cleaning up the house, it's not even hot, but ugh, so damp. It does make my heart glad that you feel at home in Florida and like it so much. That's a good thing. I'll be heading down there again soon to visit Grandma, and I LOVE visiting, but always glad to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I am sorry you guys are going through all of this, God bless you as you navigate it all, and I'm very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a ton of relatives who live up north, and it makes me thankful that I was brought up in the South. Not that they are rude or loose with the tongue, but they don't see the world in the same light.
    Hang in there, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been on my mind, dear lady! Only one day and it sounds exhausting -- probably more so mentally. I'm so very glad y'all made the decision to move South!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness you all have a LOT on your plate right now. Praying everything gets settled as much as possible. That's a lot of responsibility on your hubby's shoulders to try and accomplish in such a short time. And I know there's more than what you mentioned... We are thankful you are living here in the beautiful south now too. I do hope all goes as well as can be expected, and that you'll be back home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything goes well. The entire thing sounds exhausting. So glad that you are happy with your move to Florida. Yes, there is a definite culture shock in traveling to other places. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sign "Don't mistake my southern accent for ignorance." Having lived out of the South for 35 years, I fully understand! Thankfully I'm in the Pacific NW, but there are few southern accents here, too, but not as bad as where you are now! Blessings on the days ahead and trip home . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking how strange it has to be for you and Dave to be back there. Glad your decision to move has been reinforced! And yes to the good manners!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to laugh reading this post. Originally from the northeast, when my husband & I lived in Tennessee we were told the same thing. You're not from around here. We lived there for 7 years but were reminded often we were "yankees". At least we were told we weren't like those typical yankees. Hope you get to slow down soon. Travel & funerals are very stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. The whole grief scene is not easy. Not at all. (not saying anything you don't already know VERY WELL.)Hang in there and do rest when you possibly can. You are not Super Woman without your cape and I suspect you didn't think to pack it before you left home (small smile there).

    I've got my new (replacement) blog up and running. Have added your blog link to its rightful place among the list of those I follow. Glad to be able to count you as one of my friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)