Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Currently on a late Tuesday Evening...

 Currently on a late Tuesday Evening....


...It's 8:40 pm and it is 76*, humidity is 93%, dewpoint is 73*.  The rain bands from Hurricane Idalia have started, buckle up folks, it's going to a be major rain maker here in Ocala. We had a doozy of a nasty storm around 6 pm. Wow...that is all I am going to say about that. It left both of us with our mouths hanging open.

...Watching nothing at the moment. Hubby is watching Jesse Waters. I just did watch the updated hurricane models on the laptop. Just for prospective purposes: we are 70 miles inland from Cedar Key, 98 miles from Tampa, 30 miles from Gainesville, 60 from Daytona. We are dab smack in the middle of this thing. My husband, "And you want to retire to Cedar Key, why?" Yeah...don't look like much will be left of my favorite place when this is all said and done. 

...for the first time EVER my employer has decided to NOT have us come in. I am an essential employee; we are all shocked. The governor has ordered all government offices closed tomorrow and Thursday is a wait and see.

...Feeling a bit overwhelmed. Not sure if that is the correct word...we already have a huge tree limb on our powerline. And if that tree limb falls, it will crush our roof. Have I mentioned before that we are STILL on a 6-month waiting list for the electric company to come out? Yeah...moving along.

...Grateful...for so many things. The good Lord for one. I was feeling a little blue today thinking about our son, out of nowhere came this feeling...perhaps because all of sudden Sweet Home Alabama played on the radio. I just had this feeling he was like, "It's gonna be ok guys, hunker down." Weird. Just keeping it real.


Yes...He sure does. I know this 100%. I have been up since 3:30 am, had to work until 4pm. so, I am little tired. Have a good evening, all.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted. I was wondering about you and Dave. Hope that tree limb stays away from the roof! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you are safe and no major damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda. Stay safe. You are in my prayers. Please update us when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you make it through with no damage__Anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you as you ride it out. Been there and gone through it all. No fun. No fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be safe. Thinking of you. I think your employer made a wise decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care and stay safe, Linda! Let us know how everything works out.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was off today as well and back to work tomorrow. So thankful that we were spared power outages and damages. Sure hate all on the coast, especially Cedar Key, who are still under water. It will take days for the water to recede. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I think it helps that we have some extra "helpers" in heaven getting God's attention to our circumstances here below. Maybe that doesn't really happen, but we can feel comforted in knowing our boys are safe and happy there where no harm can ever come to them again, and why not let them whisper in Jesus' ear that we might need an extra cup of mercy?? God is good, and He knows our needs always. Praying that limb did not fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)