Pre-posting this on Sunday, grin.
How are you doing? It's great to have you back here at Toni Taddeo's Tuesday4.
Music is something most people truly enjoy but some find it annoying at times. Some listen at home, some in cars, and music is played in restaurants, shops, you name it, music provides a background for many activities.
1. What kind of music appeals to you?
Rock and Roll
What kind can you do without?
Rap
2. Do you consider music an important part of life? Why or why not?
Yes, music is very important and relaxing. It can also soothe the soul and mind.
3. What's on the radio as you drive or what is on at home, and do you find music in restaurants and shops soothing or off putting?
Every morning when I drive to work and drive home its set at Wind FM 95.5 the rock station. I cannot stand elevator music, it's a big turn off.
4. Would you tell us some of your favorite songs and singers please?
Doobie Brothers, Allman Brothers, Kiss, Nirvana, ACDC, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc.
One of my favorite songs is Thunderstruck by ACDC and Sweet Home Alabama by Skynyrd.
Thanks so much for joining in! Please, if you have ideas for topics let me know in comments here or on Cottage by the Sea blog.

Ed Sheeran fan here...Perfect...hugs
ReplyDeleteDonna
Great topic and enjoyed reading your responses, Linda! I love the music from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and early to mid 80s. Not a fan of rap (it isn't music to me)! If my hearing was better, I would have the radio on in the car. I find most music in restaurants (and some stores) too loud and it is just noise.
ReplyDeleteLinda, I love that you like music. I used to but for some reason haven't listened for years. Perhaps with a little dementia I'm afraid to drive while listening else I might end up at the wrong place. :)
ReplyDeleteBack when my daughter got married my SIL and his friends had a special dance to Thunderstruck. Apparently they just stand in a circle and every time the band said "Thunderstruck" they drink! LOL! Fun times!
ReplyDeleteI grew up in the Haight Ashbury and 20 miles down the coast so I was strongly influenced by the San Francisco sound - psychedelic rock. Brings back so many pleasant memories. My husband on the other hand absolutely hates it. So I listen when he’s out of the house!
ReplyDeleteI also enjoy the old Soul music of that same era. Sly and the Family Stone, James Brown, etc.
I pretty much enjoy all types of music and especially music from other cultures. I’m with you on Rap. Ugh!
I grew up on 70s Rock & Roll and Disco. Now I find that they make me uneasy. I've gotten into "elevator" (soft jazz), old Hymns, and I still enjoy Classical. My absolute turn-off is Rap, "Praise" or that modern Country. Yuck pooey blah! *lol* Most of the time, though, there's no tunes comin' outta any speakers. Nothing like the sound of birds singing, the wind whistlin', and the bees hummin'.
ReplyDeleteI hope your week is and was wonderful.
Love & Prayers xx
I love Sweet Home Alabama!!! I prefer country music to other genres.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on The Doobies and Queen!! Sweet Home Alabama is a good one and I know it is ingrained in your heart. Sending love & hugs!!
ReplyDeleteYou and I could listen to music all day together. I love all of those artists. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
These days my tastes run more to old ('real') country or soft rock -- the sort you can understand the lyrics. Music is such an important part of my life; I love learning more about my friends through these questions/answers.
ReplyDeleteI love lots of types of music. No rap for me either, not much rock either. :) I like Christian music, blues, oldies, pop...
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, enjoyed your answers!! Of course you know this old lady would rather have elevator music. lololololo Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteDo I consider music to be important? Yes! My mother used to say "Music soothes the soul of the savage beast." Of course, some music can bring out the savage beast in a person and that's not the kind I choose. My favorite is piano music, including gospel in there.
ReplyDeleteThunderstruck was pretty doggone good! Thanks for joining in my friend
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers. I agree..I can do without rap for sure.
ReplyDelete