Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter Chat...

 


TIME: 8:10 AM

SCENE: 57*, Cloudy, Humidity 94%, Dewpoint 58*. Still NO rain.

Drinking: My first cup of New England Breakfast Blend with Italian Sweet Cream.

What's for?

Breakfast: Eggs and Sausage

Lunch: Leftover pizza and wings

Dinner: Ham, potato salad, baked beans

Doing?

--It's Easter Sunday...but I still have laundry to do and iron for the week.

--we did our grocery shopping yesterday. The alarming rising cost of everything...sigh.

--visited friends yesterday. With the rising cost of groceries, no one is doing anything today. Gas is now at $3.59 a gallon here in Centra Florida. It is expected to go up a $1 soon, thanks to Saudi Arabia cutting production.

Pondering:


Let's just keep it real...

Hmm...interesting discussion(s) at the dinner table tonight. "Rules for me but not for thee and Plenty of money for war, but none for the people." More topics, have you noticed the price of groceries? Gas? Health insurance, Car insurance, etc. going to a credit system now. How about this trans nonsense? Crime? Inflation? The U.S. dollar decreasing. We had Geico for nearly 25 years and we dropped them due to the rising cost of insurance (and they want to charge us $40!!! to drop them). We now have Progressive that offered a much cheaper rate due to me working for the state...another thought, and yet, folks keep voting the wrong folks in... then I have to wonder, does my vote really count? Hmm...ok, moving along...


Watched a real cool show last night on HGTV called Houses with History. The show is set in the New England area. I love old houses and the history of New England/ eastern seaboard.


Wishing each of you a beautiful Happy Easter.

22 comments:

  1. I don't disagree with you on much of what you said. Prices at the grocery store are ridiculously high, even though we are told that inflation is easing.
    I completely agree with with you also on the ridiculous agenda of trans ideology. Nuts. Unfortunately, I honestly believe that the whole LBTQ agenda is to destroy "normal" hetrosexual famlies. It is truly an evil agenda. I work with a number of "trans" teachers and we also have a number of "trans" students. Makes me will what they are doing to their bodies. The mental illness prevalent in our society is truly scary. Thank goodness that God is overall and see evil for what it is. So glad you could get together with friends yesterday. Happy Easter, Linda. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep on your thoughts about the agenda...wishing you a beautiful Easter Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Hope your Easter is happy and blessed, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we could have some amazing conversations, Linda. Those are all the topics we discuss around here, too. Who could have believed we'd see the world change, and for the worse, so quickly? Do our votes count? I'm not thinking they do these days. As for it being Easter....I'm with you. Since we had our family dinner yesterday I'm doing laundry and such today. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes and yes on everything you said in this post! Our government is a clown show and they are ruining our country! Hope you had a Happy Easter my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that show Houses With History and need to give it a look!! Thanks for mentioning that it is interesting. Gas hit #3.69 down here this weekend. Here we go again. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are we're very close to the Rapture. If our merciful God doesn't keep this time short, I don't think we'll make it. I trust Him. His will be done.
    Best to stay safe & vigilant.
    Sending love & prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, the prices at the grocery store are just obscene! I’m convinced my vote no longer counts. So go the days of our lives in this banana republic! 🙄 I hope y’all had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your Easter weekend was restful and blessed, Linda. Everything you said in the keeping it real section was spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots to ponder, I agree. I'm not sure how those with no faith in God can even go day by day in this chaotic mess. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Melanie. Without our faith, we 'd be in even more trouble.

      Delete
  10. You've perfectly expressed what so many of us are feeling. I've even said, "Why should I bother to vote?"
    Some days are more difficult than others, but I'll be darned if "they" are going to keep me down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally understand and agree with you regarding all of this "stuff" that is happening and being crammed down our throats. Not going to stand for it...praying about what should be done. Praying is #1. I hope you had a pleasant Easter day regardless and that you relaxed and enjoyed your time away from work. Hope you'll come visit again someday. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if I am getting used to the high prices because I'm not noticing them anymore until I go to pay. What used to cost $25 on a quick trip now is over $40. That I notice. Ouch! '

    Gas has gone down here. The highest about $4.25 and the lowest I saw yesterday was $3.99. That is cheap for here.

    That's not to say, the storm is over - I believe it is just starting. This is just an artificial reprieve to lull us into believing this administration is on top of it. We know that isn't true and won't be lulled into the same slumber that so many Americans are in.

    We know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Eastern seaboard too. Things are outrageous and expensive. I wonder if any of our votes count anymore! Happy Easter friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prices are really out of sight these days. I hope things get better but who knows? I've actually been to the 'free' food pantry twice and no longer feel guilty. Your Easter dinner sounds almost just like ours; I spend the past week with my brother and sis in law 'cause I ran away from home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for visiting my humble blog.❤️ yes, I agree with your grumbling, we are feeling the feeling that you are feeling! Eating out with friends is one of my favorite ways of distressing but the prices on the menus these day are truly shocking to those of us who are retired and living on fixed incomes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sexual revolution that's been going on since the 60/s leads to destruction of the family and now the gender thing is really all about dishonoring the image of God. Wishing you love and happiness every day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHY are we....you...so surprised when the world acts like the world?? 40 years ago we were aghast at the abortion and gay rights movements. Fast forward to now and we are aghast at the trans and politics. all politicians in this country to my knowledge and observation are not led by God. And the secular world is never going to act like Christians because.....they aren't! They haven't been convicted by the Holy Spirit yet that they are dealing with root issues......becoming trans is not the root problem. it's a manifestation of the problem (sin and selfishness). Period. Let's try to remember that and to shine the Light to ALL and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Perhaps the Lord would have you reach out to someone who is different from you and you can the hands and feet of Jesus. I do know He has recently put into my path an acquaintance who has chosen to walk away from Christ and is dealing with addictions. It's sad. But...she walked away and of course there are consequences to that.

    Happy Belated RESURRECTION SUNDAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)