Saturday, April 8, 2023

Slothing into the Memes...

Just saying...grin

 Hello!  This is Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we ask just 4 questions each week in an effort to get you blogging, thinking and learning about others.

Maybe we can discuss the town you live in.  It might be nice to find out more about where you live and why you live there. Sometimes we just fall into a place and other times we \choose. 

1. What are the good points to living in your town? Could you interest us in moving there?

our downtown has gone through a major revitalization through the years since we were gone.

Not sure about interest or telling you to move here...Well, let me tell you, the slow Ocala I knew growing up is long gone...it now takes 30-45 min. to get anywhere. Marion County has really grown...but with that said, God has placed us back here for a reason. Everything from shopping to the wide variety of eateries to dr.'s are nearby. And the weather, let's just say I do NOT miss the snow. Ask me come next month when our heat and humidity are too much, but then again, this past week, it has been in the mid 90's...and it's creeping up there humidity wise. 


So, yeah, the weather is why you would move here. The beach is only an hour drive-45 min. on a good day.

2.  Are the things you need convenient to your home? (shopping, library, schools, entertainment?)

Yes, all in a 3–5-mile radius, although we live tech. in horse country.

3.  Did you choose your town, or did you just end up there?

After our son passed away, it just seemed natural to move back to our hometown. Don't know why the good Lord has places us back here, but I have since just learned to just go with the flow of things. We have been back here for a full year now and honestly; it seems like we never left 30 years ago.

4.  Is your town known for any special foods, activities, places or people?

Ocala is a melting pot of diversity. Our neighbors for instance are from Puerto Rico-which is a US Territory. I thought I would have a hard time getting use to the different dialects, my husband calls it/Ocala "Little Havana." But, nope, I quite enjoy hearing the different languages spoken and I am quite sure our son would have as well.


1.What would you say is the most difficult task when it comes to spring cleaning? Have you completed that task this year? Any plans to get it done?

Since we are fairly new homeowners, it seems that this never truly finished/cleaning etc. My husband has been doing a lot to spruce up the joint, grin. I really need to take photos.

2. Your favorite pastel color? Favorite thing you own in a pastel shade?

I love pastel colors, but really don't wear them. I have a painting my mother gave me of a front porch with a rocker that is pastels. I have not hung it yet though...trying to decide where.

3. Do you like ham? Do you fix ham year round or is it mostly just a 'holiday food'? Baked ham-ham and eggs-ham and cheese sandwich-scalloped potatoes and ham-Hawaiian pizza....what's your pleasure? 

Ham has really gotten expensive, and it really has become a holiday thing. I like ham and can eat it anyway etc.

4. Do you celebrate Easter?

Since our son passed away, no, we really don't. We are more reflective really. Last year we were still living with friends and had dinner with them. This year, I think we are by ourselves.

What did Easter look like when you were a kid? What are your plans for Easter this year? 

See above...my folks stopped the other day to drop off a bag of screws (my dad is cleaning out his garage), anyways, they were going out of town for the holiday. So, it looks to be just us, our friends haven't said anything about dinner etc. So, I am going to presume were on our own. Speaking of my dad and mom, I think they are looking for excuses, grin. They randomly show up during the week while I am at work, and my husband is like, why? I told him to just go with it. grin

P.S. when I was kid, there were always family and friends over etc...my mom use to make a big deal etc.

5. Something that makes you feel hopeful amidst all the chaos and confusion this world brings? 

Our Lord and Savior. Period. Knowing one day I will see our son...that keeps me going.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

FOX NEWS

I am not sure if anyone is following the news...but Marion County had a horrific murder that involved teenagers. Anyway, our sheriff is amazing, just saying. I am quite sure these bleeding hearts are going to try to cancel him. He was spot on discussing guns. BTW, one of the suspects was found in our neighborhood...quite disconcerting I might say. Ok, enough talk about this.


Ok, this sloth needs to get going...we have to do our grocery shopping and hubby wants to drop by our friends. I will check the blogs etc. later. Have a great day all.


10 comments:

  1. Love the new background, Linda! I enjoyed reading your responses. We like ham and have it random times throughout the year. The sloffee graphic has me chuckling. Have a blessed Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jesus will return soon. My heart yearns to be with Him.
    I'm so delighted that you and your folks are doing better. I pray that continues. Praise God for His tender mercies.
    We looked into moving to the Ocala area in the '80s because of the Ocala National Forest, one of my fav-o-rite places. It wasn't 'SloCala or even affordable (for us) at the time. Jacksonville also was once laid back. Not anymore. I'm glad the Lord directed us Southeast Georgia. There's too many residents in Florida period.
    That's so sad about the homicides. It's happening all over now. We've become a lawless society since taking God outta the Schools and the Government. The devil is working hand-in-glove with most of these Administrators.
    Y'all take care and stay situationally aware. Wickedness is running rampant. Might wanna consider getting another big dog. That can be a great deterrent to anyone with evil on their minds.
    Love ya. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda. Ocala sounds like a nice place. I am glad you moved back there, and that you are having more of a relationship with your parents. That is a good thing. I read about that shooting in your area. Horrific. I agree with your sheriff about accountability. There is no accountability in schools today, no standards or requirement of good behavior. I can't wait to retire and just get out of a very messy situation. I hope you have a good weekend and a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I hope you and your husband have a cozy, relaxing day tomorrow. And enjoy that weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all on my own this year. Of course, we are never "on our own."

    Your town sounds lovely. I could probably make mine sound nice enough, but it would be a stretch. ☺️

    A blessed and happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For years we had Honey Baked Ham for both Christmas and Easter. Now, with the many changes in my life, you're more likely to find me eating "heat-n-eat" from the freezer, or going out for the holiday meals. And that's okay. The last Thanksgiving meal I prepared was for 18 people and wore. me. out.

    Enjoy your quiet Easter. Because Christ lives, we will see our loved ones again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed both of your memes today, Linda. Wishing you and Dave a blessed day tomorrow. He is Risen!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you have a happy place to live. I hope the traffic settles down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha... your town is called "Little Havana". My town is called "Havana at the river Waal". Lots of music, and so many different people.
    I am sorry your son passed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your answers and hearing about what you are doing, etc. I am so glad you are here in sunny Florida. I am sorry if you didn't have anywhere to go for Easter. You are always welcome here. We may just have to plan ahead and have you up again soon. I like what Barbara said above about , "Enjoy your quiet Easter. Because Christ lives, we will see our loved ones again." Amen to that. That is what keeps us all going. One day at a time. Praying you have a good week. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)