Saturday, April 1, 2023

Meme Filled...

 Good morning from a swampy Florida. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I had plans to get online during the week, unfortunately it didn't work out that way. We are still short staffed, and I just come and crash must nights. How about 2 memes?

1. Why do you blog? Have your reasons changed over time?

I started off all those years ago due to homeschooling. I guess it has changed, but since we live in such a volatile consistent state of hate and offensiveness here in America -I rarely discuss politics and prefer to blog just about anything but that.

2. What's a typical Friday night look like at your house?

By the time I get home at or around 6pm, hubby usually has dinner waiting (last night he made baked ziti in honor of our late sons' birthday, and it was really good) and we watch the news and usually I take a nap (since I get up at 4 and out the door by 6 am) then at 9 pm Lottery Dream Home comes on. Usually in bed by 11. 

3. Do you like donuts? Your favorite kind? How often do you treat yourself to a donut? Have you ever made homemade donuts? 

We have a supervisor who brings in donuts every payday. My favorite is jelly or Boston Creme. But usually, I like any kind. I love donuts.

4. How do you feel about shopping? Are you an online shopper? Catalog shopper? Brick and mortar shopper? Do you order groceries online or prefer to select items with your own two hands? 

Since we are like 3 miles from any store, we usually drive to a store. Ocala offers nice stores to shop at like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Target, Publix, the many thrift/antique stores etc. Ocala doesn't suffer from the lack of shopping choices, let's just say that.

5. Next week's Hodgepodge finds us somehow in the month of April, which just so happens to be National Poetry Month. Sum up (or tell us something about) your month of March in the form of a limerick. You can do it!! 

I can remember this one...but honestly, I have brain fog this morning...so here you go. I found it online.

Gosh, how violent I am, LOL. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


I do believe Florida skipped right over spring and went straight to summer lol. Yesterday would have been our sons 26th birthday. Thank you all for the kind wishes on Facebook. Today marks 1 yr. since we have been back to the land of living aka Florida (because NY sure wasn't). I am really enjoying the warmer climate, palm trees and the freedoms that Florida offers, and I would prefer Desantis stays right here.

 Welcome!  It's time again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

How would it be if we talk about some things related to home?

1. What styles of décor do you like? Mid Century? Colonial? Contemporary?


I am French Country, traditional and colonial. I prefer to say, 'keep it simple'. 

2.   What makes your bedroom comfortable?

photo taken a few months ago. I prob. ought to update it as I take advice from my mother who decorates according to seasons from the bed linens to the drapes.

Less is best.

3   What do you think makes a home comfortable and welcoming?

I like and prefer the lived in look. There are no pretenses or whatever if you ever visit me. I am a no "foo fu" kind of girl. You might even see dust bunnies. However, with that said, I prefer things to be in place. My husband on the other hand, prefers things to be out.

4. Do you share your home with pets? Would you tell us about them please?

We did, but our late sons German Shepherd passed away last July. There is a cat though, that the former owners left behind, he lives on the front porch. He is rather friendly. No cats in the house though as I am allergic to them.


Yep, pretty much. Lottery Dream Home last night featured a couple from Illinois who moved down to Wildwood, not far from here. It was fun to see that, as I was offered a job at the library down there and it's in the Villages. Never less, the benefits were nicer for the State of Florida. Have a great day all. 

25 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. Sending birthday wishes to Liam in heaven. So glad you like living in Florida. It sounds warm and wonderful but I am a mountain girl. Your bed and bedroom look so comfy. It's always good to hear what is going on with you. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb....and thank you for the lovely card...it sure made me smile.

      Delete
  2. You are right, the current us/them mentality has sucked a good bit of the fun and freedom out of blogging that used to be there in the early days. I try to post, but get tired of just memes and thinking very carefully about what I post. I'm moving ever closer, I think, to the day when I just let it go.
    I love the clean, simple look, as well...but I seem to accumulate too much stuff to achieve it. LOL
    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah....that has entered my mind (just letting it go) and then I think that is how I stay in touch. I go back and forth...smiles

      Delete
  3. Linda, I enjoyed reading your responses. We have rain here today (it's needed). I love a good donut, but not a fan of jelly or boston cream. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you a beautiful weekend my friend. smiles

      Delete
  4. Farm House style is my first choice these days. French Country is a close second. They're very similar, on my opinion. I'm also anti-clutter and prefer items hidden away.
    Sweet post. I miss Liam too but not as much as y'all. He was a wonderful young man. We both consider him our nephew by "another mother", as the saying goes. Y'all did a good job raising him.
    Love ya lots. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blowing you kisses and many hugs...love you.

      Delete
  5. Again, my thoughts and prayers have been with you as you "celebrated the heavenly birthday" of your sweet Liam. I know what those days are like, and they are never easy. I am glad you had baked ziti in his honor and memory. I wonder what kind of heavenly food he was having for his birthday? I wonder if they have baked ziti in heaven? Someday we will find out, although I believe the "food" we will have in heaven will be something way beyond our current human imaginations. (((hugs))) and love to you two.
    Now, regarding your memes, etc., I like your style. Lived in is best, as that is what we do...we live in our homes. Non-lived in is for museums and store windows (which I don't think we really have much of anymore!) And I agree, I want to keep DeSantis as our governor, at least for the next four year term...then maybe he can move on up to the White House...but that's all I'll say about politics for now. Our nation needs a LOT of PRAYER. Only God can save us from the sorrows and terrors of this present world.
    On another note, you are blessed to have so many nice stores nearby. That is one thing we do NOT have here in our area. We have to travel over an hour to find a decent place to shop. And I really don't like shopping all that much to want to travel that far to do it. And I am not really that great of an online shopper either. I tend to avoid shopping as long as I can. Okay, I hope you have a blessed and peaceful weekend. We are headed out this morning to my hometown of Tavares to meet up with my sister and family to celebrate hers and her husband's birthdays, which are both on April 5th. It should be a fun day. So I have to get going. Bye for now. Love you. (Oh, did you see my "news" on my last post? You need to read it. It's all good.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boooooooooooohooooooooooo on your news (grin)...in all seriousness, we understand. We will meet up again, I am sure. smiles

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed your answers for both Hodgepodge and Tuesday 4. I enjoy making dishes in honor of my family members who have passed, adn sometimes make them close to the time when they left us. It makes me feel connected. Happy late birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO at your Macbeth aside. My, my girl. Is prison life doing a number on you? 😆
    Wishing you and Dave a super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOLOL Prison life, girl...I needed that belly laugh. lol

      Delete
  8. I am enjoying Florida, too. We have lunch out on the back patio most days but when the weather gets HOT we will migrate the the lanai.

    A typical Friday night at my house is called Friday Night Date Night. We have popcorn for supper and one of us chooses a movie to watch on TV. In bed by 9:30 at the latest. We're wild and crazy like that....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Friday night sounds great to me, smiles....wishing you a beautiful weekend. smiles

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed your answers, Linda. Saying prayers for your husband and you.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Jane, see you when you get back from your blogging break, smiles.

      Delete
  10. A belated Happy Birthday to you and your son! I love the cheerful decor in here. We have had a long winter her. We will probably have hot summer. I prefer the comfortable live in look too. Have a great weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan...it is already hot here, LOL.

      Delete
  11. Oh gosh, I love custard filled donuts and also plain glazed. I haven't had a donut in ages because I'm trying to keep my sugar levels down without insulin. BooHiss. Your home is lovely, very comfortable and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary and I love those kinds of donuts too, and really, I love any kind of donut, LOL.

      Delete
  12. This is a good catch-up, Linda. It has been an emotional week for you guys and your birthday, too. I am so happy that you came back to Florida and happy that we got to meet in person. I think we would be comfortable in each other's homes. I go with comfortable, too!! Have a blessed Sunday and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Terri, it sure has...but each day gets better...not saying like perfect, but there are days when a good cry comes over...but the days are getting better. smiles

      Delete
    2. Linda, as you may or may not remember my daughter's son, my beautiful, sweet, adorable 17-year-old grandson passed away in 2008 on a motocross track. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. For you, as sad as it is, I'm glad you have hubby and a job to keep you busy with the hope it helps you. Life can be so beautiful and so very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I missed your birthday my sweet Pisces. xoxo

      Delete
  13. I thought I answered but maybe I am confused.

    I like whatever I fancy at whatever time it is in my life. I've not been consistent at all in my decorating. The main thing is, that it is clean.
    Oh it's been such a long rainy winter here in "sunny" California. HA! But we did PRAY for abundant rain and we got it. So I reframe from complaining and accept it as the true blessing it is.

    Take care and God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)