Wow, again, didn't mean to stay away this past week...no excuses.
Sounds good to me. I know our housemates are heading to the beach next weekend as we do have a long weekend from work. Us? Nowhere. Staying here.
Not much. Getting the permits for the home etc. is difficult. Marion County is backlogged. My folks waited 6 months for windows and the permit, and they just had the windows installed yesterday. Mom called to ask if we were having problems getting the permits etc. Well, not us personally, but yes, the company is. Yep, need a permit to just put in windows at one's home. SO, that is where we are at. I told them today WE MUST BE IN BY THE END OF OCTOBER. ANYWAYS...moving along...(and ha--they just looked at me like I had lost my mind, nope. O-C-T-O-B-E-R people, OCTOBER.)
I am so happy the Dixie Cottage (Pamela's kids) posted a photo. I did not take a photo of the desk we bought from them. Isn't it a beauty? When we visited our house today, I knew exactly where it was going.
![]() |
| Pamela's photo I |
...and t thankfully Pamela's son took a photo of us, again, I did not take a photo or many. My mind is still in Dixie Cottage, Benton and Rose have done a phenomenal job. smiles
Yep... you can find me there, grin.





Yup. Some days are like that. I do like your roll-top desk...very much. Praying for a miracle with the permits and whatever else needs to happen. Seems like excessive oversight down there in Florida. Lots of fees and things like that?
ReplyDeleteWhatever it is, God is bigger.
Glad your news is good. I get the frustration of permits and getting things all lined up, but at least all is moving toward your new home. I will be praying about that October timeframe! And hey, if you want some company coloring in the blanket fort...I'm pretty much ready for that myself!
ReplyDeleteAwe, Linda, you are so sweet to be thinking of our sweet Dixie Cottage, and yes, your desk is still right there with a big "sold" sign on it. Ben will probably be moving it out to our house/shed soon to make room for some new items in the store. Don't worry, it will be safe with us until your house is ready! I'm glad you already know where it will go when you finally get in your house. October will be here soon. Praying things work out in time. It's just crazy how far behind they are with permits, etc. Same thing here in our county and all around. So many people wanting to move here from NY, you know! LOL. Just teasing you. Just remember God's timing is always perfect and even though His ways are not our ways, His ways are the best ways. It will all come together exactly as He has planned. In the meantime He is taking good care of you. You know you can come back up anytime to visit again. We will welcome you with open arms. Love to you and Dave. And no, Lily Grace has not met Skippy yet. Maybe this week I will take her along so she can finally see Dixie Cottage. She keeps asking when she will get to go...LOL. Love to you again...xoxoxxo
ReplyDeleteO-C-T-O-B-E-R! You tell 'em, girl! I'm loving that desk ... and such a sweet memory attached to it.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Good to hear that you are moving forward - at least in baby steps. Yep, things do take time, but October is coming. :-) I think of you from time to time and wonder how things are going for you, so I am glad you posted an update. I love that little desk. I would love to go to Dixie Cottage - sounds like such a fun shop! That is such a cute picture of you all! Have a good, relaxing weekend. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteThe desk is a beauty. Dixie Cottage sounds like a fun place to visit and wander. Praying things (i.e. permits) begin to move quicker. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you here, Linda! And I am so happy to actually SEE you and your man!!! Love that photo!!!!! Prayers that things will go smoothly and you are cozy as can be your new house in October!
ReplyDeleteThat's a splendid desk you got from Dixie Cottage, Linda! I was telling Pam that we hoped to travel to south Georgia and Florida in the fall, and would love to visit with them. I'm sure I'll purchase something!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
The desk is great and I look forward to seeing it in the perfect place, in your new home!! I really like that picture of you and Dave and the Steiners!! Hoping to meet Dave one of these days! Have a good week ahead!! xo
ReplyDeleteNice desk - I had a roll top desk for years - I hauled it around to every place - it has been store - little did I know my husband didn't like it. So I got rid of it. Mainly it was we just didn't have room for it in this house. IT didn't fit. I don't think of it at all anymore, UNTIL I saw your roll top - they are such nice desks. I hope you will have a long happy relationship with your desk - sooner than later.
ReplyDeleteI love the desk you bought at Dixie Cottage.
ReplyDelete